Tell NQ your game loop (non-PvP)

Gillimus

14 minutes ago, Hecticus said:

what baffles me: people who are convinced there’s no point playing and the game is over, but haven’t moved on.

Some of us are just hoping for the game to get better and move more towards where we wanted it to be.  But have still moved on to a large extent and are now just keeping an eye on things just in case.

Someone in another thread described it as an abusive relationship where you keep asking someone out and they keep not saying 'yes' but not saying a hard 'no' either ....

I don't..

The overhanging wipe threat and NQ breaking my ships with their faulty element collision detection was the final straw for me.

But before that the game had already been reduced to a do the MU round and logout again deal, so it did not take much for me to say quits.

My game loop pretty much ended the 14th of April...

But before that, I did 'projects'. And depending on the project I did the different ingame activities to achieve that.

I've done a lot of manual mining, after the auto mining, a ton of auto mining (project to get 25M of Natron at outer planets for fuel stations)

Building Space and planet stations as infrastructure, getting the quanta to buy the space elevators for travel between the two.

Doing mission running to acquire quanta to fund those 'projects'

Creating infra structure to do that mission running, mining, building, etc. effectively.

Manufacturing stuff effectively, sometimes for sale, mostly for my own use.

I want to design a couple of specific ships, but at least half my time the last year and a half has been spend fixing the sh!te NQ 'broke' after their patching, so designing ships really hasn't happened yet.

There was some pvp... But that was just me being shot at (and sometimes blown up), darned pirates! Pvp for pvp sake is not my thing, pvp for defense (currently not doable) or getting access to resources I would not otherwise have access to (like plasma) would be a future possibility... Maybe...

Thanks to everyone for your replies. It's comforting to know that i'm not the only one looking at the current state of the game and starting to ask myself, "why am i doing this?" Love the concept underlying the game - build anything! explore! shoot people! - and flying a ship in DU is one of my favorite video game things ever. I hope they figure something out.

On 5/29/2022 at 6:19 AM, sHuRuLuNi said:

My game loop right now is playing Planet Crafter. Great game so far:

Looks like Astroneer's gameplay mechaanics mated with the graphics of Project Entropia in 2007.

Just now, Rokkur said:

Looks like Astroneer's gameplay mechaanics mated with the graphics of Project Entropia in 2007.

This mis-spelling of mechanics is intentional. See how I did aa, to indicate it isn't AAA quality. 🤣

1 hour ago, Rokkur said:

This mis-spelling of mechanics is intentional. See how I did aa, to indicate it isn't AAA quality. 🤣

It's a game made by 2 people, and has more content and entertainment in it right now than DU has after spending 30 million dollars and 7 years of development.

current game
- run around in my base to run to the MiningUnits
- calibrate 1-3 MiningUnits
- ask myself, what am I doing this for, if they wipe everything?
- log out and turn on Netflix or another game.

one day later:

- see if my factory is still running and pack various elements like tanks, engines, small stuff into the ship to fly with it to the market. Somehow you have to earn quanta... think during the landing approach,..what am I actually doing here? 
currently I'm on market 6 and hope I log in before the lock period expires...but what for, if there should be a wipe anyway?

16 hours ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

It's a game made by 2 people, and has more content and entertainment in it right now than DU has after spending 30 million dollars and 7 years of development.

By that measure any 12 year old with Unity game engine and stock assets fits this description.

On 5/29/2022 at 2:19 PM, sHuRuLuNi said:

My game loop right now is playing Planet Crafter. Great game so far:

Looks good after all, looks very close to DualUniverse. What I miss are other planets, space and the possibility to play the game infinitely long and with thousands of players together or with each other. I don't like solo games, so different difficulty levels don't appeal to me.

1-2 times a week:

- check market sales

- pay territories

- calibrate and ferry the ore to market

- if i have time and motivation i build a bit on any of my never ending projects

13 hours ago, Zarcata said:

Looks good after all, looks very close to DualUniverse. 

The resemblance is fairly superficial. I gave the demo a go last night though, and it's quite addictive...

7 hours ago, Samedi said:

The resemblance is fairly superficial. I gave the demo a go last night though, and it's quite addictive...

The problem I have with me is that if I were to "pause" DualUniverse now to play another game, that if I were to enjoy it, I wouldn't come back. No matter what game I stopped playing, I did not return for a second chance.