Game client is not working on my computer since May

FredyKyong

Can not update:

----------------------------------------------------

Client Update Athena: Microsoft Visual C++2015-2019 Redistributable (x64)

Setup Error: 0x80070666 a newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ is already installed.

---------------------------------------------------

I can not recover from this error. Client will not update, can not log in anymore

This looks like a windows issue. Older versions of Microsoft Visual C++ can normally be installed alongside newer ones but Microsoft's installer will produce this error if it detects overlap, a partial install, missing dependences, or corrupted files. To start off I recommend you delete your temp folder (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp) and then run a windows update. If the error still persists after that, download and run this fix it tool from Microsoft. If that still fails to let you install Visual C++then there is likely an overlap, uninstall all instances of Microsoft Visual C++ and try again. You can also use this diagnostic tool from Microsoft to help you track down the root cause. Finally the Microsoft support site has a wealth of information on this topic along with support experts who can help you resolve this, hopefully without needing to resort to reinstalling windows 10 (aka the nuclear option).

Wishing you the best of luck. If you do manage to figure it out, please share what worked for you to help the next player who finds themselves in this situation.

you may try to uninstall the newer .Net distribution via add/remove programs

start - run - appwiz.cpl

and then give it a try again, obviously thats the method ppl used facing this error in general (not realted to DU though)

Pretty much the above, @FredyKyong ..

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable will by default try and install all versions between those years and if one of them allready exists it will fail.

It has been superceeded by the 2015-2022 version though so you woudl not find this version anymore if you look for it.

You can get the new version HERE ..

Just run the 64bit executable separately and try installing again, it should succeed at that point

• 2 weeks later...

I did try an uninstall of DU client but not cure.

I can not uninstall a newer version of .net or C++ or of anything else newer on my computer. Why should anyone want to do this?

I think DU client should run on a newer version instead

This type of negative non sense needs to be removed as it ruins games in progress saying it's dead. How can a game be dead that's in beta testing that hasn't been released yet working in progress to report all bugs till it runs clean getting rid of all issues making sure everything is working knocking out all exploits, exploit it in places known from angles and certain spots trying to break game until it can't be broke no more. But these kind of post needs to go and should of never been allowed as it ruins all the hard work the devs put into the game. Players see post like this and it kills games before it's ever released. I know and seen how so many great games got ruined by dumb players that do a bad game review and game isn't even out. When it should of been reports to devs of issues doing what's needed for devs to finish the game and ready for release date with no issues. But games never get to make it when post like these kill it. Remove it  and don't allow negative post like this it spreads like cancer and termites all over the internet as it has been. I hear non-sense do to these post. Makes it true when they keep seeing this. Don't throw away all the hard work that gets ruin by 1 foul wrong post about a game that isn't even out yet but seen so many games in progress took out by a dead post. Understand what breaks hard work. Don't allow it. Untrue games dead when it hasn't even got 2 live yet. but this will kill and has been killing it. On discord players wasting chat that don't have anything to do with the game. It rude. i tell them read the devs pins and respect it. Stop free chat on it and use there own discord and non sense towards me. They don't understand that it's only for true help and support 4 the game as players playing live. They ruin it wasting what could of been really connecting with the devs doing work enjoying it

Supressing and censoring would be yet another nail in DU coffin, do you really want to hammer that in?

The game is death because

- NQ have managed to lose almost all active players

-The game has been stuck in beta for years

-The dev have no managed to produce any meaning full updates in years

-NQ kickstarter claims have been thrown out the window (openworld, market, freebuild)

-NQ complete and uther disregard for feedback

- At the rate that NQ is adding, upgrading or fixing things the game will need years more in beta before going live

the list goes on and on

On 6/5/2022 at 2:31 AM, STARSUNNA said:

This type of negative non sense needs to be removed as it ruins games in progress saying it's dead. How can a game be dead that's in beta testing that hasn't been released yet working in progress to report all bugs till it runs clean getting rid of all issues making sure everything is working knocking out all exploits, exploit it in places known from angles and certain spots trying to break game until it can't be broke no more. But these kind of post needs to go and should of never been allowed as it ruins all the hard work the devs put into the game. Players see post like this and it kills games before it's ever released. I know and seen how so many great games got ruined by dumb players that do a bad game review and game isn't even out. When it should of been reports to devs of issues doing what's needed for devs to finish the game and ready for release date with no issues. But games never get to make it when post like these kill it. Remove it  and don't allow negative post like this it spreads like cancer and termites all over the internet as it has been. I hear non-sense do to these post. Makes it true when they keep seeing this. Don't throw away all the hard work that gets ruin by 1 foul wrong post about a game that isn't even out yet but seen so many games in progress took out by a dead post. Understand what breaks hard work. Don't allow it. Untrue games dead when it hasn't even got 2 live yet. but this will kill and has been killing it. On discord players wasting chat that don't have anything to do with the game. It rude. i tell them read the devs pins and respect it. Stop free chat on it and use there own discord and non sense towards me. They don't understand that it's only for true help and support 4 the game as players playing live. They ruin it wasting what could of been really connecting with the devs doing work enjoying it

I'm keeping this quote from your throwaway account. I have rarely laughed so much. This, ladies and gentlemen, is called a denial of reality.

The moment you can no longer constructively criticize anything, as most do here in the forums, I would worry about what kind of people you play with here. A very strange attitude. 

But to return to the OP:
This seems to be indeed a local problem that exists on your pc.

On 6/4/2022 at 8:31 PM, STARSUNNA said:

I know and seen how so many great games got ruined by dumb players that do a bad game review and game isn't even out. When it should of been reports to devs of issues doing what's needed for devs to finish the game and ready for release date with no issues. But games never get to make it when post like these kill it. Remove it  and don't allow negative post like this it spreads like cancer and termites all over the internet as it has been.

Ah, I love this. Name one game that was ruined by a bad review and please do establish a causal link between that bad review and poor sales.

I certainly see how a post with 350 views (as of this reply) will kill a game that needs tens of thousands of subs to survive...

Also, let's consider the various games that got truly horrible reviews but still managed to do very well: 

1. No Man's Sky had very poor reviews at launch but still sold well, even before it turned itself around
  2. Kinect Adventures was one of the worst reviewed Kinect games...and the Kinect itself was a major flop. It still sold over 20 million units. 
  3. CyberPunk 2077 had plenty of review bombs...and sold over 18 million copies (20% of 2021 sales were on PlayStation where it ran so poorly it was delisted for months)
  4. SW battlefront has something like a 2/10 user review score thanks to EA's microtransaction nonsense...it still sold over 9 million units 

I get that many big titles with bad reviews are successful because of huge marketing budgets or tie-ins with other successful IPs, but my point is that I'm bored at work and wasting time replying to a troll. That's all that really matters. 

• 2 weeks later...

You must run all old computers with older Microsoft Visual C.

Why would you want to run old stuff?

Game is dead for me cause I can not install the old client anymore.

Subscription cancelled. You can have my stuff.

• NQ-Nyzaltar changed the title to Game client is not working on my computer since May

We have given you advice on how to resolve your issue and NQ support has likely done the same. There are many other modern games that also require specific versions of MSVC++ to be installed so your criticism holds no weight. If you are still serious about wanting to fix your setup then contact me on discord (msoul#5459) and I will help you diagnose your system and guide you through the repair process. If you are unable/unwilling to fix the problem on your end then my only remaining suggestion would be for you to consider playing DU on GeForce Now. If that also does not appeal to you then I bid you farewell and wish you all the best.