Need to make official complaint about a GM

CDEEKS

Hi, this is not a bitch post but more of seeking advice.  I only recently returned to DU in the past few weeks and as much as I am trying to enjoy with my friends who also recently returned, we have experienced many tech problems and died due to various reasons . Mostly lag or constructs not rendering in etc. But every single time I ask for repair or help in chat I do get it . Except,  this one GM who I will not name has been very very bad attitude with me and tells me the issues are my PC and the server is 100 percent pure, he has me doing all kinds of ridiculous things to test my pc and then he gets angry and very dismissive to me in the DM chat. He tells my I have to make a ticket and potentially wait 24 hrs for something tht takes them seconds to fix. Now I get there busy and probably stressful for them but this is no excuse for the terrible attitude.  

I have great help and amazing service from all other GM whatever the issue but this one dude I think has something against me because no matter how polite or patient I am with him he just constantly gives horrible service to me. Inwould like to appeal to any senior moderator or manager to PM plz I will provide logs and details . I don't want to feel I can't ask for help in game and this is how I feel atm. Thanks for reading NQ. 

Edited by CDEEKS

For future reference. If anyone needs to report an incident with NQ staff or appeal a moderator/GM decision. You should first submit a ticket on the support site detailing the issue. This will allow you to include logs and or screenshots. As of writing, the proper support ticket categories are "Rules & Policies" with relevant sub-category "NQ-Staff" or "Bans" respectively. Once the ticket has been submitted you can usually expect a response within a week, but note that it could be longer depending on the severity of the issue, size of the investigation, and ticket backlog. If you believe that the problem is severe enough to warrant immediate action, contact one of our community managers via DM (either on the forums or in Discord) and give them your ticket number. Note you can also send an email directly to support@novaquark.com just make sure to include your account name and all the relevant information. 

Edit: Refer to NQ-Nyzaltar's follow up response below on how to escalate tickets.

Also a word of warning, do not discuss/disclose private conversations between you and NQ with the public. This violates the confidentiality policy as well as the DU code of conduct and can thus lead to account sanctions.

Edited by Msoul

24 minutes ago, Msoul said:

For future reference. If anyone needs to report an incident with NQ staff or appeal a moderator/GM decision. You should first submit a ticket on the support site detailing the issue. This will allow you to include logs and or screenshots. As of writing, the proper support ticket categories are "Rules & Policies" with relevant sub-category "NQ-Staff" or "Bans" respectively. Once the ticket has been submitted you can usually expect a response within in a week, but note that it could be longer depending on the severity of the issue, size of the investigation, and ticket backlog. If you believe that the problem is severe enough to warrant immediate action, contact one of our community managers via DM (either on the forums or in Discord) and give them your ticket number. Note you can also send an email directly to support@novaquark.com just make sure to include your account name and all the relevant information.

Also a word of warning, do not discuss/disclose private conversations between you and NQ with the public. This violates the confidentiality policy as well as the DU code of conduct and can thus lead to account sanctions.

I think i would rather speak in a 121 with anyone except the NQ staff member in question, i have not disclosed any identity or details of wich staff member for this reason above. a ticket will potentialy be looked at by this member of staff so this is out the question. ty for advice i will follow up on the discord.

Edited by CDEEKS

Hi @CDEEKS,

In the case you are in conflict with a specific GM or a Customer Support agent, you can ask for escalation in a ticket and it will be reviewed to the person supervising the GM or agent for second opinion. Your ticket has currently been flagged for escalation, by default. If you don't have a reply after a few days, you can also reach out to one of the current Community Managers (NQ-Nyota, NQ-Rubicon or NQ-Nyzaltar) to check the ticket status and contact the supervisor the ticket was supposed to reach if any issue happened with the ticket. However, we ask you to use this option as a last resort, and only for urgent/important topics.

@Distinct Mint

4 hours ago, Distinct Mint said:

I think the best way to solve your problem is to post it on a public discussion board.

That's the worst possible advice to give:
The forum rules stipulate clearly private discussions with a Novaquark employee shouldn't be posted on the forum (or any public space) for several reasons:
1. Because it needs first the agreement of both parties to do so legitimately.

2. Because it can quickly generate unecessary community trouble and/or controversy, especially if only a part of the situation has been explained to the Community.

3. Because it could be a way to "weaponize" and manipulate public opinion in one direction or another if the situation has been only partially explained.

4. Because it can end up in public shaming (which is another forbidden thing on the forum, whether it's against another community member or a Novaquark employee) and that generally doesn't help much solving conflicts.

Best Regards,

NQ-Nyzaltar.

13 minutes ago, NQ-Nyzaltar said:

That's the worst possible advice to give:

I kind of have a feeling the comment this refers to was actually implying as much and was meant in a joking fashion..

I can see the poster having a good chuckle it was responsed to this way ;)

I would never discuss such subjects on this particular matter, howver i do think it would be in the intrest for the community to see the way a GM is treating customers who only seek to help to circumvent the games many technicall issues and bugs. but i will try resolve this issue using the ticket system i just need assurances the GM in question wont see this complaint as i want a senior manager to get all the information first.

6 hours ago, blazemonger said:

I kind of have a feeling the comment this refers to was actually implying as much and was meant in a joking fashion..

I can see the poster having a good chuckle it was responsed to this way ;)

Indeed, it was a pretty obvious joke. But it did give @NQ-Nyzalter the opportunity to provide the response that was needed here.

On 5/21/2022 at 1:12 AM, Distinct Mint said:

Indeed, it was a pretty obvious joke. But it did give @NQ-Nyzalter the opportunity to provide the response that was needed here.

It was 100% obvious. However I would really like to know how the discussion between Karen and the manager continues

I really think there needs to be a clear set of guidelines for when you should use the in-game help channel, and what for.

If i asked NQ to repair my ship every time i crashed it because of lag or disconnects, they would need to hire a full-time employee to follow me around.  But I also refuse to fly anything larger than an S core, because i don't feel like spending an hour repairing a ship.  The repair system is really tedious and unnecessarily punishing especially with larger ships.  

I've only asked for help in situations where i had a bugged element, like a VR pod that was permanently occupied, or when i couldn't enter the command seat of a ship.  And i've always been amazed how fast they usually respond, and how quickly they were able to solve the problems.

I don't think the in-game help channel should be used as a repair service.  But i also think NQ needs to take a serious look at how painful the repair process is. 

The insanely large number of elements that are required to make an L core ship fly, is definitely making the issue worse too.

On 5/22/2022 at 7:49 PM, Atmosph3rik said:

The repair system is really tedious and unnecessarily punishing especially with larger ships.  

NQ please read that! Please stop making game loops that are PITA. We been asking for the repair unit to work as  the player base wants them to, not how you keep telling us they should. We want to trade time and additional materials vs manual repairing so we can repair AFK. Games are for fun and when you force people to not have fun in your game without giving them another option you lose players. 

17 hours ago, Endstar said:

NQ please read that! Please stop making game loops that are PITA. We been asking for the repair unit to work as  the player base wants them to, not how you keep telling us they should. We want to trade time and additional materials vs manual repairing so we can repair AFK. Games are for fun and when you force people to not have fun in your game without giving them another option you lose players. 

So true,my friend who returned a few weeks ago has already taken off again because every morning he logged in his L hauler went for a stoll off his station landing pads and would be 100 percent broken on the planet 😆 🤣