Unknown Wreck salvage maximum

Dakanmer

Unknown Wrecks are a thing. You can "salvage" from them. Great start. But you can only salvage a set maximum volume in elements and voxels. The voxel maximum was ludicrously tiny; you can't even remove a wall big enough to walk through (that I recall). The element maximum...was slightly better. The wreck I just came upon had 4 L containers, 4 L space fuel tanks, 2 XL space engines, and a bunch of other less interesting stuff...but you can't salvage even 1 of the larger elements. You can certainly waste scrap repairing them before finding out they're too big, though.

NQ, please increase the salvage volume cap so that you can at least loot the largest element, even if you can only loot one and nothing else from the construct. Having them there without being able to take them because of the maximum is silly, and a massive nerd-tease deserving a good thwomping.

NQ-placed wrecks only allow any given player to take a limited amount of stuff from that wreck. something like 4000L as I recall. A lot of elements are larger than that, and the game only lets you take them if they are the first (and subsequently only) item you take. If you grab so much as a carbon voxel before going after anything larger than that 4000L cap, then you wont be able to take that large item. Was a bit annoying, but I didn't know that NQ was still spawning those... I don't recall any of them I found/got-invited-to as being worth the time to go after...

I actually stumbled upon one of these wrecks last night on Ion. It was probably looted before the terrain reset, as there were only a few chairs and adjusters left on it as I found out after digging it out of the ground.