DUAL ACCESS COUPONS - STATUS UPDATE - discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

Really unclear here:  Are DACs going to be required to play the game going forward?  e.g.  Am I going to have to start burning my backer DACs before the game is released?

56 minutes ago, Bolomorte said:

Who is gonna burn these for quanta if everything will be getting erased eventually?

Unless NQ is insane they would wipe first before releasing DAC feature (in-game trading).

54 minutes ago, Pleione said:

Really unclear here:  Are DACs going to be required to play the game going forward?  e.g.  Am I going to have to start burning my backer DACs before the game is released?

No it's just another option in addition to paid subscription. Backers wouldn't need to use them until after release.

HOW DO I GET DACs?

1. some DACs are already bought;

2. you can get it from another player.

That is all? Imagine all kickstarter DACs are sold to players and used. HOW TO GET DAC???? - no answer.

If I tell John Doe: "I sell you a DAC for 20M quanta" and he gives me the money, and I do not give him the DAC, that is not even against the TOS. So with the lack of trust and guarantees, you can pretty much only trade via a trustworthy party, or with with people you trust directly, corret?

This is about as good as the old dispensers, which didnt show what you buy as you pay.

2 minutes ago, Ving said:

DACs had a monetary value quoted in the alpha packs, 18 euros, which partially justified the price.

So now they are only worth 7 euros? Are backers going to be given an increased allocation due to the devaluation?

That was the promise.

2 minutes ago, Pleione said:

That was the promise.

There have been lots of promises...

How they can release an announcement about DACs without saying how this will be handled is beyond me 😕

2 minutes ago, Ving said:

There have been lots of promises...

How they can release an announcement about DACs without saying how this will be handled is beyond me 😕

Your an Alpha Patron and this surprises you?  <smile>

I guess somebody should ask it:  "Just a desperate attempt at generating cash, or a real attempt at building something they will need for release?"  I can see it both ways, but if the later, it sounds like they are starting from Ground Zero in this part of the effort.

18 minutes ago, Ving said:

DACs had a monetary value quoted in the alpha packs, 18 euros, which partially justified the price.

So now they are only worth 7 euros? Are backers going to be given an increased allocation due to the devaluation?

Therefore everyone should now receive the equivalent increase in DACS to equal promised value in the kickstarter shouldn't they, given the advertising.

7 minutes ago, Pleione said:

I guess somebody should ask it:  "Just a desperate attempt at generating cash, or a real attempt at building something they will need for release?"  I can see it both ways, but if the later, it sounds like they are starting from Ground Zero in this part of the effort.

I don't think it would help NQ generate much cash in the short term, there won't be much reason to buy DACs and sell them for quanta because of the high volume that are held by backers, the quanta price could be relatively low at first. But that might be good for players who do want to sub using DACs.

29 minutes ago, Drew_2943 said:

I took a contributor pack, no way to use my DACs to test this first iteration.

Why not create bDACs (Beta Dual Access Coupons) to test the implementation of the feature and make sure that everything works as expected ?

Great idea..

Why are there still people expecting a wipe??
There will be no wipe if not a huge problem in the code or something critical happens from NQs side.
The Beta runs as expected, eccept from its a bit longer than expected.
DU is supposed to be a persistant universe and the last wipe was at beta start.
I see no reason yet for a wipe... Everything works as promissed and expected so far.