The "release" of DU is fast approaching (I give up edition ;) )

blazemonger

• blazemonger changed the title to The "release" of DU is fast approaching (CD post revision)
46 minutes ago, Sycopata said:

The release is ongoing, now sems more major paches are in the way, this is the only good new. Why game is not actualy rdy for a release.

Why do you believe that? NQ explicitly said that Athena was the last major update before release and nothing they've posted since has contradicted this. The letter from the creative director only reinforced that the game is gearing up for release and that their primary focus is performance and stability in advance of this.

The updates "promised" there have no timelines attached...

1 hour ago, blundertwink said:

The updates "promised" there have no timelines attached...

And on top of that most of what was "promised" as coming was supposed to be in and ready before release and several points in that list were "assured to be in" before the end of 2021 in the "a look ahead" video posted in December 2020.

NQ is effectively just repeating the same message over and over and over .. with nothing really showing anything is going to happen anytime soon. Which in a way makes sense as all of this is irrelevant if the release borks and NQ goes under a few months later.

At NQ pace it will take at least a year after release to deliver even just the stuff that was mentioned in the latest blog. Probably more when you consider all the technical problem they are going to have if there are any largish amount of players joining at release.

that they think they are ready for a launch is a major catastrophe....... they cant even get radar  to work on static structures let alone moving objects.the naive and inexperience in a mmo format of the devs has cost them dearly

1 hour ago, Maliciouss1 said:

the naive and inexperience in a mmo format of the devs has cost them dearly

NQ is of the mindset that  "an MMO is never really finished", which for them means that hey can just push half a game and try to complete the base game as they go.

I can almost guarantee that NQ will use the above excuse once the criticism arrives about the game not being "finished". They do not seem to realize yet, or not care about, the given that the reviewers and YT "professional game commentators" will trash the game if it is released in its current state, which is what seems to be the plan.

The comments will be like "8 years in the making, Novaquakrk delivers something which barely passes for a game in Dual Universe, here is why .." And from there all the stuff missing form the base game will be listed and where all the stuff promised for release but at this time "planned with no ETA".

This game is not even close to ready for a release but I expect NQ has no choice in the matter anymore.. Maybe someone will pick it up from the ashes after a few months or maybe it will go open source.. Although, that might just reveal how bad things really are.

Anyway, still confident we'll know what happens in 8-10 weeks from now. We will probably not be at release then but we will have the "release Candidate", at least on PTS

• blazemonger changed the title to The "release" of DU is fast approaching (I give up edition ;) )

I don't see the release being too far out from 0.30, because of the talent respec, which is obviously a test for release.

The wild card is the summer DAC, which could be a push to get more players before the wipe, but I expect many of those players would hold off until the release, so they can grind out some missions. 

3 minutes ago, DecoyGoatBomb said:

I can't wait till they release without the energy system in. They will put it in post release and it will break the game in a post release environment. They will wish they waited get core systems like this in before they "reset" or launch the game. 

It is possible to implement energy systems without breaking things.

I think it is the only possibility if done after launch.

1 hour ago, kulkija said:

It is possible to implement energy systems without breaking things.

I think it is the only possibility if done after launch.

It is possible but not by NQ. They have a terrible track record on putting in new systems like this. They put in framework, unbalanced and highly exploitable systems into the game. They take a very long time to address those issues. Players exploit the hell out of it or leave the game because it breaks so many things. So yes possible but highly unlikely. This is why a wipe at launch is so dumb as the econ and all the things they want to wipe to fix will be busted again 6 months in.