Kickstarter reward status

blazemonger

So, about those pets and Alpha outfits? Are these going to be delivered this year? Is NQ saying that these will be arriving across the milestones this year?

What does NQ define as "milestones"? Last I checked there is one more milestone to come this year, namely release.
Or is NQ muddying the waters again by throwing out mixed messages?

That DU was delayed to the point where existing agreements regarding perks and pledge promises expired and NQ is now going to run into more cost is really not our problem, "absorbing the cost" for increased shipping, which really makes me wonder in what way as shipping cost have not gotten THAT much more expensive, is not something NQ deserves praise or even a pat on the back for, it is their obligation to meet expectations and fulfill promises. It's quite funny to read what NQ wrote in the post, which basically implies we should be thankful for NQ choosing the only option outside of breaking their commitments.

Seems to me that with client-side simulations of objects it's going to be really difficult to implement pets in any sort of a sensible way unless they were just part of the avatar model rather than following the avatar about.  I imagine this sort of thing is quite some time away technically, and wouldn't you rather have something like NPCs or killable critters rather than just pets in any case regardless of whatever was promised in the kickstarter?