Jump to content

Please change the core talent requirements


Recommended Posts

I know that the talent tree can eventually give people plenty of core to work with. The problem is that it takes over 2 weeks to go from 12 to 15. This is because of the requirement that you master level 5 of the first set before you can do level 1 of the second set. Can we please allow people to train each set without having to train the previous set fully first? Limiting players to 9 or 12 cores for the first year or two of play (until they can afford to dedicate weeks to nothing but increasing their core counts a tiny bit) makes it hard for them to be able to expand very much to things like giving use of some of their cores for an organization to use, never mind to expand to other planetary bodies much. I'm not asking for the total talent points to be reduced, just that they can train all 3 skills at once, so the top most core counts cost a lot, but the lower counts don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or just make the achievements give a decent amount of talent points instead of a few minutes, they're just one-time things and new players need a better talent jump start. A new player should be able to gain a few weeks of talent points fairly quickly to set their initial specialization.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gideon77 said:

I know that the talent tree can eventually give people plenty of core to work with. The problem is that it takes over 2 weeks to go from 12 to 15..

 

That is not correct. As you can take from THIS sheet, your have 10 cores without talents and from there:

13 cores in 33 minutes 20 seconds

16 cores in 3 hours 20 minutes

19 cores in 15 hours 22 minutes 13 seconds

22 cores in 3 days 12 hours 48 minutes and 53 secords

25 cores in 18 days 1 hour 53 minutes and 20 seconds


 

  

1 hour ago, Gideon77 said:

Limiting players to 9 or 12 cores for the first year or two of play (until they can afford to dedicate weeks to nothing but increasing their core counts a tiny bit) makes it hard for them 

 

Again, incorrect

10 cores are instant

25 cores takes 18 days 1 hour 53 minutes and 20 seconds

50 cores takes an additional 28 days 22 hours 13 minutes and 20 seconds

100 cores takes are available after a total of 86 days 18 hours 40 minutes


I'd venture to say a new player really has no need for 100 cores in their first few months so the training time here is perfectly fine, even when combined with other talents. Additionally, new players should start off with a week's worth of SP using a referal code and can easily get an additional million by enabling 2FA .


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it’s like 3 now. Still, he’s right, by the time a new player can use 10 cores, they can easily have more than that available. I think there is a special case going on right now where there are new players unable to take advantage of IAR because of corer limitations. This won’t be a thing anymore by the time NQ could do anything about it though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Cergorach said:

@blazemonger Are you sure about that 10 cores by default for players? That has changed a couple of times, it certainly wasn't the case when I last checked it... (which was before the recent patches)

It is ten. Last changed in Panacea.

 

Quote

Base personal construct slot count increased from two to 10.

 

Edited by Yoarii
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't know about the base of 10. All I knew was what the talent told me. If that is the case, then this truly is not important.

 

As for the need of cores starting out, a simply mining unit flower needs 7, 1 for the starting territory, 1 for the starter hover ship, 1 for a pocket ship, 2 for the first 2 real ships. That's 11 and you haven't really done anything yet. So 12 is definitely way too few, but if you start with 10 before talents, then you can easily get 19, and that is enough.

 

But it will still never make sense why you have to pay 1.8 mil talent points for the fifth level of the first set for 3 cores, and then 4800 for the first level of the next set for 5 more cores. The cost should gradually get higher per core, not be a huge saw tooth in cost like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Cergorach said:

@blazemonger Are you sure about that 10 cores by default for players? That has changed a couple of times, it certainly wasn't the case when I last checked it... (which was before the recent patches)

Yes I am, you get 10 personal cores by default

 

  

2 hours ago, Gideon77 said:

As for the need of cores starting out, a simply mining unit flower needs 7, 1 for the starting territory, 1 for the starter hover ship, 1 for a pocket ship, 2 for the first 2 real ships. That's 11 and you haven't really done anything yet. So 12 is definitely way too few, but if you start with 10 before talents, then you can easily get 19, and that is enough.

 

A day 1 player is not going to be setting up a full 7 tile flower, for one, the character would need money to buy 7 TU , maybe 28 mining units, cores , containers etc .. By the time the character is ready for this, the relevant talents should be trained up.

And also, I have no consideration for a player who wants to go solo in this matter, join an org that offers you the resources, become part of a group where there is a good structure in who doe shwat so that everyone benefits..

 

2 hours ago, Gideon77 said:

But it will still never make sense why you have to pay 1.8 mil talent points for the fifth level of the first set for 3 cores, and then 4800 for the first level of the next set for 5 more cores. The cost should gradually get higher per core, not be a huge saw tooth in cost like that.

You do not pay 4800 for  L1 of the second tier , you pay 1.8M plus 4800 ;)

Seriously thouhg, I do understand what you mean, but this is how talent/skill systems like this work.

 

I could agree that especially for personal cores a high multiplier single talent like x15 with 20 cores per level would have been fine.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, blazemonger said:

A day 1 player is not going to be setting up a full 7 tile flower, for one, the character would need money to buy 7 TU , maybe 28 mining units, cores , containers etc .. By the time the character is ready for this, the relevant talents should be trained up.


And also, I have no consideration for a player who wants to go solo in this matter, join an org that offers you the resources, become part of a group where there is a good structure in who doe shwat so that everyone benefits..

When I started as a new player using mining units, I was working on the 7 tile flower by day 3, and completing it around day 14. So speaking from firsthand experience, it is very much a thing with new players using mining units.

 

Like it or not, the majority of players that play these types of games play either solo, or solo with acquaintances (friends that don't share resources). And only the minority get together as large groups. This happens for many reasons, like relying on someone else's core slots will burn you sooner or later. And giving a stranger full access to your group's stuff will leave you all poor sooner or later. I have seen the latter happen far more than I would like to have. Most players don't have a close enough relationship with other players to trust them with all their stuff. As the saying goes, "High walls make for good neighbors". So to have no consideration for solo players is to have no consideration for the majority of players, just because they don't play like you like to play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Gideon77 said:

When I started as a new player using mining units, I was working on the 7 tile flower by day 3, and completing it around day 14. So speaking from firsthand experience, it is very much a thing with new players using mining units.

 

Sure, I did say that A DAY ONE character would not.. after 10 days you can easily have trained to the point you easily have access to 22 cores (which is a 3.5 day train) if that is a priority for you. ANd it is very easy for a day 3 character to have access to 16 cores which takes only 3.5 hours to train.. 

The point is that what OP claims is not based on facts and he did actually state he did not realize the actual situation and reversed his position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...