A badly developed "good idea" becomes a bad idea.

Omukuumi

Alien core can be a good feature... If only players really need to fight for them, let me show you what we will really have 99% of the time:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1480246940
(No sound because of comms, sorry)

Why defend a station is a waste of ressources and time?
- Shields are too low, we can't wait for our ennemies before moving
- So we will need to travel 300SU+ or warp our entire fleet each time we have to defend, even for nothing
- Ship aren't protected when dock on a station with a shield (??) - This can help ppl with lot of job/kids or else to setup their ship when they can
- If we take at least 2 core we have to defend an alien core each day
- If we want to attack, we add another timer where we need to be, again it can be each day
- Why we don't have a combat free timer after we win a defense?

With your wipe talk without ANY DECISION, with your patch against any PVP mechanic or method, a big nocare about some of the oldest bugs known in DU... We don't have any other content outside of alien core in PVP now.
We send plenty of idea/feedback for a better PVP or more confortable, we tryhard each PTS for help, report each bug/exploit find even if that lead to another nerf of our content
How can we keep our players hype for Dual Universe?
Why NQ stay so quiet? (Entropy did a nice feedback but only around voxels and shields for PVP but some other part are missed)

Our ennemies got the same problem, maybe more because we are really lucky to have so many ppl still active on DU. Don't kill your game, listen us, don't stay focus on your ideas if everyone say it's not the good way and talk with your community.

We do not need a full time job. A game is suppose to be fun, not a non stop cycle of blue balling enemies in an attempt to bore them so much they quit.

Alien cores must be much harder to lock down, you should either bring an army big enough you'd actually be able to fight for the core or some really significant cost.

Alien cores are suppose to be end game org/alliance wide conflict battles, not an every day blue balling exercise in futility. We've given a lot of feedback to nq through various locations so there are zero excuses.

If the dev time for changes isn't available simply change the time an alien core is safe after a successful defence to prevent people from having to defend nothing daily.

As it stands this is not fun gam play for anyone, The current system will only lead to people quitting both pvp and the game all together. Not acceptable.

Thank you for raising these questions. The important one from my point of view is "Why we don't have a combat free timer after we win a defence?". This machnik would make an attacker think twice before attacking. It would also be nice to double both the shield HP and the time for the attacker.

Instead of actual TW after years and years (and years) of people waiting for it, they gave us random alien crap...

I always thought Territory War would start in space and not have a ground-based implementation for a very long time, but never expected it to be this disconnected from the rest of the game. 

I doubt they have the bandwidth to make any changes here before release, though -- I expect the next updates to be small and focused only on bugs and optimizations (assuming they ever decide about a wipe). 

I don't envy the catch-22 they are in. Leave it the same and the game isn't very well designed...try to squeeze in more updates and the game isn't tested enough and burns on release...it's possibly too late to fix things, sadly. 

7 hours ago, PotatoMart said:

combat free timer after win a defence for 1 week!

Then someone will just use an alt to attack the moment it comes out of that week free, and restart the week, thus making it so no one can ever attack. A better solution is to have ships be docked and protected and if they have a combat timer can't go back into the shields.  Then also expand on what the resources give. Make a reason for orgs to actually live out there so it's pointless and unable to have people come by to single troll reinforce the shield because you live out there.  

It's easy to tell pvp is not built into the core gameplay, and thus will never succeed. If DU doesn't actually die, you will only ever have a few weirdos who pvp in this game. 

17 hours ago, Cobqlt said:

- So we will need to travel 300SU+ or warp our entire fleet each time we have to defend, even for nothing

This is classically called 'overextending'...

CVA currently has 4, Legion currently has 6, they had 8+...

I'm also thinking of a lot of options not to have to fly 300SU or warp the entire fleet... It's called a garrison... If you don't have enough people to defend each alien core, you shouldn't be expected to hold onto all of them...

On 5/10/2022 at 9:08 PM, PotatoMart said:

combat free timer after win a defence for 1 week!

People would attack their own cores in order to have a defense at a convenient time followed by a week of combat free.

14 hours ago, Sycopata said:

This is why Poses and citadels in EVE online have auto turret defenses, and a huge shield HP.

No they don't.  Poses had them but citadels have manned guns only.  Eve just uses multiple timers but it does have some of the same problems where you can keep making people show up to defend things.

12 hours ago, Cergorach said:

This is classically called 'overextending'...

CVA currently has 4, Legion currently has 6, they had 8+...

I'm also thinking of a lot of options not to have to fly 300SU or warp the entire fleet... It's called a garrison... If you don't have enough people to defend each alien core, you shouldn't be expected to hold onto all of them...

You can't have a garrison because ships are not safe when docked inside the shield.  So you go to bed and when you wake up your whole garrison fleet got exploded.

I tried to watch the video, but seemed like I was staring at a static screen for an age... No idea what I was even watching, especially without sound.

That's not a good look for DU. The game is a mess. It needs to be more dynamic.

Not sure what alien cores add to the game, TBH, if it just takes a minute to overcome them, they seem pretty pointless to me.

12 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

You can't have a garrison because ships are not safe when docked inside the shield.  So you go to bed and when you wake up your whole garrison fleet got exploded.

Think a bit outside of the box, you can totally have a garrison, just not how you think...

The no shield issue is part of a previous conversation where someone pointed out that a big asteroid can't block enemy fire, nothing really can at the moment. I think that is bad on many different levels. But that isn't of particular issue here...

6 hours ago, Jinxed said:

Not sure what alien cores add to the game, TBH, if it just takes a minute to overcome them, they seem pretty pointless to me.

It was a lame way to implement space-only territory war in a way that's purposefully disconnected from the rest of the game. In their patch notes, they even call it "territory warfare"...I guess that checks the box, just like how missions are 100% done. 

I think they are scared to roll out actual territory war in part because of performance.

There's a reason alien cores are out of the way (beyond general PvP-angst) -- alien cores are a mechanism NQ can carefully control, but actual TW they can't.  

NQ now has to fight against its own single-shard design and invent absurdities to isolate players so that performance doesn't crash and burn, especially with release "coming up". It's the most fundamental issue with single-shard: more players in one area means more resources needed, and actual TW would encourage too much costly interaction. 

I don't think we'll ever see actual TW -- even in space, never mind on the ground. 

42 minutes ago, Cergorach said:

Think a bit outside of the box, you can totally have a garrison, just not how you think...

The no shield issue is part of a previous conversation where someone pointed out that a big asteroid can't block enemy fire, nothing really can at the moment. I think that is bad on many different levels. But that isn't of particular issue here...

I don't think you can deploy ships from blueprints within 125su of the alien core can you?

The forbidden area around alien core is a bug, they work on it but without a patch we have to play without the right to deploy a dynamic construct near them yep.

Btw the 2nd alien core attack was another no fight, nobody show up, I hope we will got something one day 😕

8 hours ago, Jinxed said:

I tried to watch the video, but seemed like I was staring at a static screen for an age... No idea what I was even watching, especially without sound.

That's not a good look for DU. The game is a mess. It needs to be more dynamic.

Sound was messy, we (SNS) talk in french and I got the Legion coms in the same time... in english so... :D
I need to setup my stream for dodge this problem on stream but until we really got content, I will not try hard my stream setup, sorry ^^'
Out of this, you just can see SNS capital ship with 6 docked M core who arrive to the alien core, I undock my ship and my radar show all our allies, a scout ship come and instant die from my allies and that's all, we wait 20 minutes and we back home, with less motivation and less arguments for keep our players ingame.

5 hours ago, Cobqlt said:

Alien core part3: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1482051866

150 minutes afk slowboat, playing another game, for

Reveal hidden contents

nothing

Enjoy our content guys :D

At least, before Athena I got some hauler to hunt.. 

No one wants to fight for many reasons. Obviously the pvp is shallow and has no depth. The other one is ships don't die when you kill then. Who wants to fly for hours only to hand your ship over to the enemy. Imagine in EvE if you died in your capital ship and instead of it exploding the enemy boarded it and now owns it. Amateurs are at the helm here developing this game and it shows big time.