An Egg-cellent Adventure Wrap Up!

NQ-Nyota

The results for our Egg-cellent Adventure are in! 

We hope that you had the most eggs-travagant time during our Egg-cellent Adventure event! A huge thank you to everyone for participating and finding the eggs (with the prizes inside) so quickly! 

All eggs were deployed very carefully and as it might surprise some of you, they were also deployed individually in some obvious and some not so obvious spots. (The egg placements were not driven by a script, each egg’s location was chosen and placed by hand by someone on the Novaquark team.) How many eggs were deployed? Who got the most eggs and/or points? Read on!

In total there were 424 eggs deployed and even though many of you quickly became eggs-pert egg detectives, there were 24 eggs that remained untracked (or is it uncracked?). One of which was NQ-Mojo’s special egg (the only NQ egg that wasn't found), which escaped detection in a snowy and cold destination.

Points for eggs were as follows depending on rarity (and egg color): 

White (1 point), Green (3 points), Yellow (5 points), Blue (8 points), Red (10 points). Special NQ eggs (15 points).

Who found the most eggs? Belorion
Who got the most points? Tekhamon
Who found the most NQ eggs? Tekhamon
Who found the first egg? MrERNST 
Who found the most common eggs? Tied between Belorion and MrERNST 

Who found the last placed egg? Belorion

In the common-tiered eggs, there were haiku messages that were found inside. Here are a few examples: 

Sunset Alioth
A small Sanctuary sits
Beyond the Haven

Elderly Sundown
A small Thoramine hunted
Betrayed by the poor

Icy outer space
A coarse, sluggish adjustor
Beyond the ship

The special NQ eggs all had unique and personalized message inside. Some were clues, some were favorite sayings and quotes. Did you find a special NQ egg? Please share with us the message inside!

We hope that everyone enjoyed one of the first of its kind Dual Universe event and we thank you for participating. A special shout-out goes to NQ-Rubicon for his eggs-pert egg deployments as well as NQ-Nicodemus for creating the most eggs-travagant egg design/construction. 

Okay, no more egg puns now. :)

Did you find an egg or a different message than the ones above? What did you do with all the loot you got from inside as well as the eggs themselves? We would love to see your screenshots too! 

NQ-Nyota's egg:

nyotaegg.jpg

NQ-AntiGravitas' egg:

NQ-AntiGravitas.jpg

NQ-Lasius' egg:

NQ-Lasius.jpg

NQ-Mojo's never found egg:

NQ-Mojo.jpg

NQ-Nicodemus' egg:

NQ-Nicodemus.jpg

NQ-Rubicon's egg:

NQ-Rubicon.jpg

So no-one thought about checking Alioth's Cathedral, heh ?

@NQ-Nyota Could we hope for a full disclosure of all messages, found and unfound, please ? We already have a compilation of some, thanks to Juvenius, Koffye, Belorion and Tekhamon, but some of the more... archive-oriented among us could appreciate having the whole ensemble.

2 hours ago, Peregrin said:

@NQ-Nyota Could we hope for a full disclosure of all messages, found and unfound, please ? We already have a compilation of some, thanks to Juvenius, Koffye, Belorion and Tekhamon, but some of the more... archive-oriented among us could appreciate having the whole ensemble.

Why certainly, I'd be happy to! Could you tell me the ones you already have and maybe share them here on the forum? I know there was a document started, but I think it would be great to share them here as well. :) I'll do my best to fill in any missing eggly messages. 

EVENT PHRASES IN SCREENS
- Haikus:
Sunset Alioth A small Sanctuary sits Despite the Haven
Shivering distance before some vertices join At the perfect seems
Elderly Sundown A small Thoramine hunted Betrayed by the poor
Beautiful blaze old A shaft pleasing speeder soars Into the journey
Icy outter space A coarse, sluggish adjustor Beyond the ship
High warming Sand dunes A private sharp pilot flies In spite of the rock
Caller horizon A private, sharp pilot flies Whilst watching the rock

- Citations:

You can call me a worshiper. You can call me a follower. But I'm just a wanderer…

Where everyone else starts from 0, we start from 1
You're old when you enjoy the past more than the future
I feel that man has ruled this world as a stumbling, demented child-king long enough ! And as his empire crumbles, my precious Black Widow shall rise as his most fitting successor ! - Alice Cooper, "The Black Widow"
Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain
Home ? I have no home. Hunter, despised, living like an animal. The jungle is my home. But I will show the world I can be its master ! I will perfect my own race of people, a race of atomic supermen, which will conquer the world ! - Dr. Eric Vornoff, "Bride of the Monster"
NQ-Deckard's Secret Egg: can you find my treasure ? (plus binary code)

1 hour ago, Peregrin said:

EVENT PHRASES IN SCREENS
- Haikus:
Sunset Alioth A small Sanctuary sits Despite the Haven
Shivering distance before some vertices join At the perfect seems
Elderly Sundown A small Thoramine hunted Betrayed by the poor
Beautiful blaze old A shaft pleasing speeder soars Into the journey
Icy outter space A coarse, sluggish adjustor Beyond the ship
High warming Sand dunes A private sharp pilot flies In spite of the rock
Caller horizon A private, sharp pilot flies Whilst watching the rock

- Citations:

You can call me a worshiper. You can call me a follower. But I'm just a wanderer…

I feel that man has ruled this world as a stumbling, demented child-king long enough ! And as his empire crumbles, my precious Black Widow shall rise as his most fitting successor ! - Alice Cooper, "The Black Widow"
Home ? I have no home. Hunter, despised, living like an animal. The jungle is my home. But I will show the world I can be its master ! I will perfect my own race of people, a race of atomic supermen, which will conquer the world ! - Dr. Eric Vornoff, "Bride of the Monster"

Thanks! Most excellent start! Let me compare it to my list and see which eggs are missing. :)

For the missing haikus:

Noctillucet Dawn

Before strange schematic flies

From the industry

Upon a chilled spring

Before Athena brings

A colorful egg prize

As for quotes/sayings:

NQ-Rubicon: Although wishing to be rid of misery, They run towards misery itself. Although wishing to have happiness, Like an enemy they ignorantly destroy it. - Shantideva

NQ-Nyzaltar: The truth is there is no egg.

NQ-Nicodemus: Always glad to help - Have a great day!

NQ-Lasius: Storytime: The morning before my interview at NQ, I had to catch a pigeon trapped in my building. The building manager believes I'm a witch , especially since it's not the first time. I caught a lost bat too.

NQ-Etheryo: Imagination will take you everywhere.

NQ-Azatoth: Remember that bad times are just times that are bad.

NQ-Mojo: Don't eat the yellow snow.

NQ-Sqwik: I can't go to hell, I'm all out of vacation days.

NQ-Aznar: Invalid egg version.

NQ-Bilo: “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.”

NQ-Ripley: "When meditation is mastered, The mind is unwavering like the Flame of a lamp in a windless place." - Bhagavad Gita

NQ-AntiGravitas: “If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!” (Iain M Banks RIP)

NQ-Lover01: "“War, war. It’s not a reason to really hurt ourselves!”" -Ti-Guy La Lune. La Guerre des Tuques (1984)

NQ-Bennu: Thanks for playing!

NQ-Nomad: “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle

NQ-Vakarian: "You're strangely dressed for a knight."

NQ-Cassini: .-. . -- . -- -... . .-. --..-- / - --- -.. .- -.-- / .. ... / - .... . / - --- -- --- .-. .-. --- .-- / -.-- --- ..- / .-- --- .-. .-. .. . -.. / .- -... --- ..- - / -.-- . ... - . .-. -.. .- -.-- .-.-.-

NQ-Tea: Nothing is something. Inaction is an action. Discover your sixth.

If you need to know which special egg saying/quote belongs to which on your original list, just let me know. :) (Yes, mine is the Alice Cooper one. 🤘)

44 minutes ago, NQ-Nyota said:

If you need to know which special egg saying/quote belongs to which on your original list, just let me know. :) (Yes, mine is the Alice Cooper one. 🤘)

This is glorious, thank you fondly !

... and yes, please let us know about the other quotes' choosers.

46 minutes ago, NQ-Nyota said:

For the missing haikus:

Noctillucet Dawn

Before strange schematic flies

From the industry

Upon a chilled spring

Before Athena brings

A colorful egg prize

As for quotes/sayings:

NQ-Rubicon: Although wishing to be rid of misery, They run towards misery itself. Although wishing to have happiness, Like an enemy they ignorantly destroy it. - Shantideva

NQ-Nyzaltar: The truth is there is no egg.

NQ-Nicodemus: Always glad to help - Have a great day!

NQ-Lasius: Storytime: The morning before my interview at NQ, I had to catch a pigeon trapped in my building. The building manager believes I'm a witch , especially since it's not the first time. I caught a lost bat too.

NQ-Etheryo: Imagination will take you everywhere.

NQ-Azatoth: Remember that bad times are just times that are bad.

NQ-Mojo: Don't eat the yellow snow.

NQ-Sqwik: I can't go to hell, I'm all out of vacation days.

NQ-Aznar: Invalid egg version.

NQ-Bilo: “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.”

NQ-Ripley: "When meditation is mastered, The mind is unwavering like the Flame of a lamp in a windless place." - Bhagavad Gita

NQ-AntiGravitas: “If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!” (Iain M Banks RIP)

NQ-Lover01: "“War, war. It’s not a reason to really hurt ourselves!”" -Ti-Guy La Lune. La Guerre des Tuques (1984)

NQ-Bennu: Thanks for playing!

NQ-Nomad: “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle

NQ-Vakarian: "You're strangely dressed for a knight."

NQ-Cassini: .-. . -- . -- -... . .-. --..-- / - --- -.. .- -.-- / .. ... / - .... . / - --- -- --- .-. .-. --- .-- / -.-- --- ..- / .-- --- .-. .-. .. . -.. / .- -... --- ..- - / -.-- . ... - . .-. -.. .- -.-- .-.-.-

NQ-Tea: Nothing is something. Inaction is an action. Discover your sixth.

Keep the events coming Nyota 👍

23 hours ago, Peregrin said:

NQ-Wanderer: You can call me a worshiper. You can call me a follower. But I'm just a wanderer…

NQ-Ligo: Where everyone else starts from 0, we start from 1

NQ-Nevermore: You're old when you enjoy the past more than the future

NQ-Nyota (My precious): I feel that man has ruled this world as a stumbling, demented child-king long enough ! And as his empire crumbles, my precious Black Widow shall rise as his most fitting successor ! - Alice Cooper, "The Black Widow"

NQ-Crash: Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain

NQ-Rocketman: Home ? I have no home. Hunter, despised, living like an animal. The jungle is my home. But I will show the world I can be its master ! I will perfect my own race of people, a race of atomic supermen, which will conquer the world ! - Dr. Eric Vornoff, "Bride of the Monster"

(And there you have it, I will admit it was quite a bit of fun gathering these special quotes/sayings!) 

3 hours ago, Physics said:

Keep the events coming Nyota 👍

I sure hope to (and have some in the works too!) :)

2 hours ago, NQ-Nyota said:

(And there you have it, I will admit it was quite a bit of fun gathering these special quotes/sayings!) 

Thank you again and to all NQ staff who participated, this event will not go unremembered.