Ongoing Discussions

NQ-Nyota

19 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

What NQ owes us is a roadmap

I actually hate road maps. Used to love them.  But players have taken them and held devs to them. To the detriment of the game. Instead of grabbing some low hanging fruit they are forced to develop something that turned impractical to complete.

Wiping beta accounts is bad enough. Wiping paid accounts is another level of bad.

Further delays in announcing their bad decision is beyond ridiculous and completely unprofessional.

I am curious how many people are still playing. 

such a missed opportunity for NQ. Absolute fools running this disaster.

NQ's wipe is like: someone you love but everytime you ask him/her to start a relationship he/she says 'I dont know'.  Asking every day for a month and still: I dont know...

Can we just date, can we just be friends on Facebook? I dont know...

So the thing imma trying to say is how lots of (ex)players are acting on this forum. Its almost pathetic to read and see. 

Dont you guys get the message??? Make up your minds and continue with your lives! 

No means no!!

I myself renewed my sub in January, 8 days later the pancake-wipe update was introduced to me and I instantly quit. I am a grown man over my 40s and I do not fool around. The deathmeter-wipe put me on the edge and the pancake-wipe pushed me over.

I wish all the ppl who play and who dont play lots of fun, but people please.... Be a sensible adult and quit being stubborn. 

Edited by Sabretooth
being more clear

4 hours ago, Sabretooth said:

NQ's wipe is like: someone you love but everytime you ask him/her to start a relationship he/she says 'I dont know'.  Asking every day for a month and still: I dont know...

So the thing imma trying to say is how lots of (ex)players are acting on this forum. Its almost pathetic to read and see. 

Dont you guys get the message??? Make up your minds and continue with your lives! 

No means no!!

I myself renewed my sub in January, 8 days later the pancake-wipe update was introduced and I instantly quit. I am a grown man over my 40s and I do not fool around. The deathmeter-wipe put me on the edge and the pancake-wipe pushed me over.

I wish all the ppl who play and who dont play lots of fun, but people please.... Be a sensible adult and quit being stubborn. 

This !!

I stopped all my subscriptions a day after the initial post from NQ (Shedding some fog ....)
With every day passing by my distance from the game grows - to get me back in this game NQ would have to produce a miracle.

On 5/15/2022 at 5:58 AM, Doombad said:

Wiping beta accounts is bad enough. Wiping paid accounts is another level of bad.

Further delays in announcing their bad decision is beyond ridiculous and completely unprofessional.

I am curious how many people are still playing. 

such a missed opportunity for NQ. Absolute fools running this disaster.

Fool's Universe ...lol

On 5/15/2022 at 1:53 AM, Sabretooth said:

No means no!!

I myself renewed my sub in January, 8 days later the pancake-wipe update was introduced to me and I instantly quit. I am a grown man over my 40s and I do not fool around. The deathmeter-wipe put me on the edge and the pancake-wipe pushed me over.

Makes me sad, but I think you nailed it. I think the slowing forums show others are getting what you said as well.

On 5/15/2022 at 2:53 AM, Sabretooth said:

The truest words I ever did hear!

On 5/16/2022 at 6:21 PM, Doombad said:

Makes me sad, but I think you nailed it. I think the slowing forums show others are getting what you said as well.

The slowing forums is people realizing their words fall onto deaf ears that say "we hear your concerns" all the same. We can complain and talk about all the issues here and suggest whatever we want, it just doesn't make a difference. This thread here alone is people voicing and talking about the wipe issue for a month now, making suggestions or stating opinions and observations on specific problems around the wipe. And NQ has not said a thing about it all this time, despite players begging for any word on the matter.

So here we are, talking to eachother and at eachother without the power to make it change anything. And with that realization comes apathy and activity slows down.

2 hours ago, Metsys said:

The slowing forums is people realizing their words fall onto deaf ears that say "we hear your concerns" all the same. We can complain and talk about all the issues here and suggest whatever we want, it just doesn't make a difference. This thread here alone is people voicing and talking about the wipe issue for a month now, making suggestions or stating opinions and observations on specific problems around the wipe.

And that's on top of the 3,000,000 other threads with discussion about a wipe going back years. I agree that most people have stopped caring.

In a way it's brilliant. By wiping the players, they've ensured that they can delete the whole game with no one blinking.

Here we thought they'd wipe constructs or worried about keeping blueprints...it's us they've been wiping this whole time. 🤯

Edited by blundertwink

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2022 at 7:01 PM, Metsys said:

So here we are, talking to eachother and at eachother without the power to make it change anything. And with that realization comes apathy and activity slows down.

I do think that players could make a difference. As everywhere in the economy, the buying behavior of the customers influences the product and the supplier (NQ)
In the end, I think it's more a question of how many customers choose something, what direction that means. I for one have shut down my subscriptions, no renewing annual passes, means no new money for NQ. In principle, they still have some time to make a decision as far as I'm concerned, most expire in September /December. so still +3months, my decision I will wait until the last day, because even if today would fall words on the part of NQ, I will no longer trust them.

Important bit here

- Was the wipe decided months ago? No. There are still some scenarios without a wipe and some scenarios with a wipe being discussed. Some may have a personal belief on the topic. That doesn't mean their belief is the reality.

This statement claims that NQ is not ready for a release of DU yet. Effectively weeks before the game goes to "release", you are saying that you do not yet have the plan for how to get there decided on. OR are we to take this as saying that the release of DU is way more than 2-3 months out at this point?

I honestly do not see how stating that Athena is the last major patch before release puts that release more than 3-4 months out from the time Athena releases in your cadence, which has been rather  stable for a long time now. While I do not expect it to happen, Ican see NQ not wipe in the end and thus make a massive mistake for al the wrong reasons, shooting themselves in the foot.

Lastly, I think the answer given really shows that NQ does not grasp the context of the comments made by many, including myself and takes a rather defensive if not ignorant position on them. This is not about personal belief, this is about what is a sensible deduction fo what the game will need to have a fighting chance from the perspective of having been around for many of these over the last 30 years or so, But I guess NQ will decide what NQ will deicde.

TL;DR

A wipe will offer many benefits and open up a good few opportunities with regards to monetizing the release of fthe game. Not wiping will only satisfy a handful and block many of those opportunities. from a business sense, a wipe is really not, or should not be at least, a matter of yes or no but just of how and when.

Let me also copy a response I posted in th thread you locked as I really feel it applies here;

--==--

NQ probably reason that spilling the beans on their plan to wipe would be bad. I'd argue the opposite.

Yes, there will be a few who will stop playing entirely. But those are the ones who are not invested in the game anyway, they do not care for the future of the game they only care for the pixels they currently own in game.

Yes, more of the few left in game may pause their activity until a wipe happens. That makes sense as it's only human to feel your time in game would not be meaningful until the wipe happens. The game is way to shallow to begin with to justify devoting time to it when you know all there is to know and so playing really achieves nothing

But overall, announcing the wipe will create a timeframe to start over, it will create a point in time for existing and new players alike to revisit the game AND it creates opportunity for NQ to show what they game can provide and start building for the future, regardless of the fact the game is barely a game at this point. A wipe will be a positive thing for what I believe to be most of the existing active player base, those on the side-line and those interested to come in.

NQ has pretty much set a fairly short time from for when the game will "release" and it really can't be far off. And that means that at this point, the coming wipe is even closer and there really is nothing to lose and everything to gain by just coming out and saying what I believe anyone with a logical mindset knows is coming.

NQ, announcing the wipe at the point where you will offer a short head start period leading into "release" is not a bad thing, it's good and it will establish you take yourself, the game AND your community seriously. Keeping quiet while the obvious is written on the wall in big fat bold letter is just achieving the exact opposite.

HTFU NQ, just grow a pair and start owning your future.

--==--

we do understand your frustration.

No, you really don't.  If I opened 3 new threads about this every day for a month and you had to constantly close them all one by one with the same message you *still* wouldn't appreciate how frustrated I am right now.

Just get on with it!

English (Translator used)

I already wrote it, I am against a wipe.

The reasons:

1. It's called Dual Universe, not Dual Galaxy or even worse Dual Solar System.
    Therefore it should not be a problem that every year a new Ark lands in a far away system and new accounts can start there. In the story about Dual Universe it is said that there were thousands of ships that started (so thousands of years).
    The distance of the systems on which the arks landed should be so far apart that it takes 1 year to reach them.
    So no communication or money transfers are possible until a connection bridge is built by the players between the AIs.
    Also, each AI can have its own rules and items.
  2. With new systems, each player can decide for himself if he wants to play with his account at beginner conditions in the new system or stay in the current system.
    What was achieved in BETA can stay with all the inequalities, because the game mechanics have to be constantly adjusted in all systems anyway to allow a fairer interaction.
  3. The spaces between the systems is then also a playing field for exploration, secrets and new settlement spaces.

German (original)
Ich hatte es ja schon geschrieben, ich bin gegen einen Wipe.

Die Gründe:

1. Es heißt Dual Universe, nicht Dual Galaxie oder noch schlimmer Dual Sonnensystem.
    Daher sollte es kein Problem sein, dass jedes Jahr eine neue Ark in einem weitentfernten System landet und dort neue Accounts anfangen können.
    In der Geschichte um Dual Universe heißt es, das es tausende Schiffe waren die gestartet sind (also tausende Jahre).
    Die Entfernung der Systeme auf denen die Arks gelandet sind, sollten soweit auseinander liegen, das man 1 Jahr braucht um sie zu erreichen. Damit sind keine Kommunikation oder Geldtransfers möglich bis eine Verbindungbrücke von den Spielern zwischen den KIs gebaut wurde.
    Außerdem kann jede KI ihre eigenen Regeln und Items haben.
  2. Mit neuen Systemen kann jeder Spieler selbst entscheiden ob er mit seinem Account zu Anfängerkonditionen im neuen System spielen möchte oder im aktuellen System bleibt.
  3. Das in der BETA erreichte kann mit allen Ungleichheiten bleiben, da die Spielemechanik sowieso ständig in allen System angepasst werden muss, um ein faireres Zusammenspiel zu ermöglichen.
  4. Die Räume zwischen den Systemen ist dann auch ein Spielfeld für Erkundungen, Geheimnissen und neunen Siedlungsräumen.

mit freundlichen Grüßen

Die Waldfee

1 hour ago, blazemonger said:

Important bit here

This statement claims that NQ is not ready for a release of DU yet. Effectively weeks before the game goes to "release", you are saying that you do not yet have the plan for how to get there decided on. OR are we to take this as saying that the release of DU is way more than 2-3 months out at this point?

I honestly do not see how stating that Athena is the last major patch before release puts that release more than 3-4 months out from the time Athena releases in your cadence, which has been rather  stable for a long time now. While I do not expect it to happen, Ican see NQ not wipe in the end and thus make a massive mistake for al the wrong reasons, shooting themselves in the foot.

Lastly, I think the answer given really shows that NQ does not grasp the context of the comments made by many, including myself and takes a rather defensive if not ignorant position on them. This is not about personal belief, this is about what is a sensible deduction fo what the game will need to have a fighting chance from the perspective of having been around for many of these over the last 30 years or so, But I guess NQ will decide what NQ will deicde.

TL;DR

A wipe will offer many benefits and open up a good few opportunities with regards to monetizing the release of fthe game. Not wiping will only satisfy a handful and block many of those opportunities. from a business sense, a wipe is really not, or should not be at least, a matter of yes or no but just of how and when.

Let me also copy a response I posted in th thread you locked as I really feel it applies here;

--==--

NQ probably reason that spilling the beans on their plan to wipe would be bad. I'd argue the opposite.

Yes, there will be a few who will stop playing entirely. But those are the ones who are not invested in the game anyway, they do not care for the future of the game they only care for the pixels they currently own in game.

Yes, more of the few left in game may pause their activity until a wipe happens. That makes sense as it's only human to feel your time in game would not be meaningful until the wipe happens. The game is way to shallow to begin with to justify devoting time to it when you know all there is to know and so playing really achieves nothing

But overall, announcing the wipe will create a timeframe to start over, it will create a point in time for existing and new players alike to revisit the game AND it creates opportunity for NQ to show what they game can provide and start building for the future, regardless of the fact the game is barely a game at this point. A wipe will be a positive thing for what I believe to be most of the existing active player base, those on the side-line and those interested to come in.

NQ has pretty much set a fairly short time from for when the game will "release" and it really can't be far off. And that means that at this point, the coming wipe is even closer and there really is nothing to lose and everything to gain by just coming out and saying what I believe anyone with a logical mindset knows is coming.

NQ, announcing the wipe at the point where you will offer a short head start period leading into "release" is not a bad thing, it's good and it will establish you take yourself, the game AND your community seriously. Keeping quiet while the obvious is written on the wall in big fat bold letter is just achieving the exact opposite.

HTFU NQ, just grow a pair and start owning your future.

--==--

I actually agree with many points here. NQ needs to drop a pair and just announce the obvious. Blueprints are a given exemption from any wipe (Blueprint snapping is a must have before any wipe also). Talent point retention is the sweetner. Pretty much anything else needs the delete key and have done with it all. 

Anyone trying to vocally keep their horded crap (I have billions worth of schems and other stuff also) without caring about the wider picture of the game just needs to shut up and NQ needs to hurry up and get this announcement over and done with. 

As for this Schematic removal idea NQ mentioned I'm a bit concerned on that. That would mean harsh gating on resources to balance it all out. Kinda like the current plasma gating but this would go all the way down the tiers and maybe even harsher. 

47 minutes ago, huschhusch said:

The reasons:

While I understand your reasoning, the points you rais have noth8ing at al lto do with why wipe is needed.

There is no need to wipe to allow new players an "even playing field" or "the ability to catch up" as new polayers will do so to a very proficient level anyway due to the way the talent system works, something I have explain more than often enough by now.

As it stands, NQ has yeat to show they can attact enough of a consistent playerbase to reasonable fill this one solar system. It will be years before they have established enough of a playerbase to justify another solar system.

I do not see how a wipe can be avoided. As it stands the few who have gain massive amount sof quanta an resources by being allowed to keep their spoils from using exploits and the existing status quo of a few who have so much wealth and resources they can (and have) effectively excluded themselves form the game as a whole and just remain in their own bubble.

That NQ apparently is still contemplating options that do not include a wipe, mere weeks before they plan to "release", IMO just means they do not understand the basic concept of what they are building and as such will fail to do so. But at the same time I can see NQ just seeing "release" as a label and as such have falling into the "it's an MMO so it's never finished" trap.

Personally, I just do not hope NQ is this naive in their considerations. But then again, it fits their MO and it's an attitude which has caused them a good bit of trouble before so they may wel lnot have learned fro that still..

I guess and expect we'll know in 8-10 weeks ..

Waste of time, the agenda is ongoing. And this game is just the next early acces fail project. Some nice ideas, in bad hands, like specialized ships in PvP with no way to identify a ship? What flaw base design.

NQ is not Hello Games, deal with it.

NQ lacks the drive, dedication and skills the Hello games team has.

NQ also has very different motivations and objectives than delivering a quality game with DU. The game is not their priority nor their aim. It may be for some of the NQ staff on the floor but management have a very different set of ideas and future plans in which the success of DU does not really play a role.

All IMO of course.. I would not want to speak for NQ here..

They got rid of $10 for 3 months? why?  $10 a month? only temporary? Is this game releasing with $15 a month??  There isn't $15 a month worth of content, there isn't $10 a month worth of content.

What a complete disaster this all is.  The voxel building, industry(before schematics), and flight are so good.  But everything else is so off the mark.  It seems so far behind of even the most basic games.  I feel like this game is like a stillborn birth.. there will be a game, but it's dead... the poor thing is already dead.

3 hours ago, Zarcain said:

The voxel building, industry(before schematics), and flight are so good.  But everything else is so off the mark.  It seems so far behind of even the most basic games.

And large parts of the community have been telling NQ this since long before the so called 'beta', and yet NQ never did anything about it during all those years. And that is why the game is dead. Not because the concept is bad, but because NQ never even came close to realizing the things they said they initially would.

21 hours ago, Physics said:

I actually agree with many points here. NQ needs to drop a pair and just announce the obvious. Blueprints are a given exemption from any wipe (Blueprint snapping is a must have before any wipe also). Talent point retention is the sweetner. Pretty much anything else needs the delete key and have done with it all. 

Anyone trying to vocally keep their horded crap (I have billions worth of schems and other stuff also) without caring about the wider picture of the game just needs to shut up and NQ needs to hurry up and get this announcement over and done with. 

As for this Schematic removal idea NQ mentioned I'm a bit concerned on that. That would mean harsh gating on resources to balance it all out. Kinda like the current plasma gating but this would go all the way down the tiers and maybe even harsher. 

At this point I don't think anybody cares what you think.  Or what I think.  Or what anybody else thinks for that matter.  This has been discussed to death and literally every possible opinion, including this one, has been debated to death.  Again.  and again.  and again.  and so many times that this post made me want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon rather than read yet another predictable wipe/no wipe argument which adds literally nothing new.

I think at this point it has all been said and we only care about what NQ are actually going to do.

My suggestion would be for everybody to stop posting anything at all to the forum until we get an answer.

On 6/4/2022 at 3:17 PM, Zeddrick said:

At this point I don't think anybody cares what you think.  Or what I think.  Or what anybody else thinks for that matter.  This has been discussed to death and literally every possible opinion, including this one, has been debated to death.  Again.  and again.  and again.  and so many times that this post made me want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon rather than read yet another predictable wipe/no wipe argument which adds literally nothing new.

I think at this point it has all been said and we only care about what NQ are actually going to do.

My suggestion would be for everybody to stop posting anything at all to the forum until we get an answer.

I care. I listen. I wait for release.

With all the months it has taken them to discuss and not decide on wipe/no wipe... 100% surprised all of the development staff isn't dead from trying to decide what is for dinner... you know they would all starve first before making up their mind.

Edited by Rokkur
grammatical corrections

No one know for sure and NQ is not saying. And the worst part is that they even put the possibility of asset wipe on the table, after having made specific promises that player assets and specifically constructs (magic BP) would be retained if there ever was a wipe after beta.

So the short of it is how can we trust NQ in the future, when they seem willing to break most promises they have made so far.