Ongoing Discussions

NQ-Nyota

2 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

It took me years, but I am now finally into the last stage of 'grief'.

It's not over yet I will never understand how so many personal hours I did endless mission runs, traded, built constructs had PC machine hours, and on and on are invalidated just like this. And like that Niemand guy suggests giving Vets a skin that will be just an insult to our time spent. 

My hope is that NQ employees involved in the wipe decision will sit down in a boardroom for 8 hours a day every day this week and come to a decision on the wipe. Make a deadline for Friday afternoon. Put every other priority on hold until this is resolved. Then tell players what the decision is.

If it becomes clear that a decision cannot be made in this way then my faith in the management staff and shot-callers at NQ is entirely lost.

Edited by Nosomu

17 minutes ago, Nosomu said:

My hope is that NQ employees involved in the wipe decision will sit down in a boardroom for 8 hours a day every day this week and come to a decision on the wipe.

Based on the open talk about NQ "discussing this internally", it's been that way for at least 6-7 months and many, many hours will have gone into this. Add to that it is extremely unlikely NQ has not had a date for the game's release know internally and this date is probably mere months away and the conclusion can really be one of two; NQ is an indecisive and badly managed company or NQ is straight up making stuff up to stall the announcement which has been made some time ago.

Frankly, I can see a good few reasons for NQ to not announce they will do a partial wipe just yet but the way they are trying to tiptoe around the decision made as far as announcing it with a rather badly managed narrative.

If NQ has their ducks in a row, deciding on a subject like this should really not be a matter of hours, it is a logical step in the road to release and from that perspective just part of the process. As such it really is more of a given in a series of events than a point of discussion internally. The discussion would be around WHEN and HOW to announce/communicate this and not the actual event occurring or not.

In the end, I will stick with my opinion that there is not a single reason to not announce a "no wipe" ASAP.. Hence NQ has a wipe on the agenda and just does not want to publicly announce it yet.

Speculating with the wipe is a very bad idea. This is how things are now: 

1-The players who are against the wipe, are acting as if the wipe is possible, failing to play seriously. 

2-The players who are in favor of the wipe are not burning their resources to enjoy the pre-wipe, just in case the wipe does not come.

3-Therefore both players who want a wipe and those who don't want a wipe are losing.

What would happen if the wipe is announced?

1-Players who are in count of the wipe, could decide if they want to play after the wipe and play the pre wipe or leave the game. 

2-The players who are in favor of the wipe, will be able to play the pre wipe, and prepare the wipe. 

3-Therefore, some players lose, others win, but decisions can be made 

What would happen if a no wipe is announced: 

1-Players who don't want the wipe could go back to normal in the game 

2-Players who want the wipe would have to decide if they want to play in a broken economy mmo. 

3-Therefore, some players lose, others win, but decisions can be made.

On 5/5/2022 at 9:06 PM, NQ-Nyota said:

We know that you have many questions about many Dual Universe topics on your mind. Next week, we will be starting a new podcast where we will be bringing your questions to our Novaquark team for answers. 

That first pod must exhaustively address the wipe question to the exclusion of all else.

1 hour ago, Yoarii said:

That first pod must exhaustively address the wipe question to the exclusion of all else.

And I can almost guarantee you that it will not. Talk about it in some roundabout way for sure, but actually address and answer or promise anything.. nope.

Instead it will be all about how "we are listening" and there are great improvement to the game coming soon, but we can't say exactly what or make any promises but real soon after release some time for sure, maybe..

Because you see the hand full of times a year when NQ feel forced to actually talk to the players, it is all bread and circuses to try and appease the crowds.

Unless NQ will use the podcast to announce a release date for the game, they will not address the wipe at all, they may mention it is a "hot topic" and the usual "still being discussed internally" but that is all. As I'd expect it to be too early to talk about a release date for NQ, it is more likely the whole wipe topic will be ignored.

Another part of the announcment of the podcast was the "DAC" topic.. There really is nothing to discuss there. DAC was sold to the backers as having a value of $20/DAC on release. If it is any less than that they will have to compensate for that by allocating more DAC to match the value for DAC they announced in their Kickstarter pitch.

But  I can see NQ bring prices up to the original level, $15 for gametime and $20 for DAC, if they even get the cash shop ready before release which I coudl see not happen. 

tbh atm i am really DUig and would like to play but not going to invest any time before the decision is made. If you touch my skillpoints, constructs or blueprints it's going to be a never very likely. items/money is the thing i might overlook tho i would still find it quite shady after all this time as nothing severe happened.

i personally bought in super early before you charged a sub for the beta but if i imagine a lot of PPL payed per month to play the beta...*shrug* i still think even mentioning and thinking of this wipe thing did you more harm than it solved even long term - you will need word of mouth and growth over time as i doubt DU release will be something like 100000000000000000 ppl showing up just because you launched.

DU did really progress lately - finally but it is still far from being were most of the players out there will want a game to be to beleive it is  finished enough for their time :P

1 hour ago, Muhadmananda said:

DU did really progress lately - finally but it is still far from being were most of the players out there will want a game to be to beleive it is  finished enough for their time :P

The only time DU will ever be a 'finished' game, is when eventually they have to shut it down.

30 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

The only time DU will ever be a 'finished' game, is when eventually they have to shut it down.

that's why i said finished enough and not finished...no need to educate me on how mmos work :)

On 5/6/2022 at 7:08 PM, Cergorach said:

No.

By the time they are done, I've lost all interest in playing their game. The longer they keep us in a holding pattern, the greater the chances that people just won't be here when they finally wipe/launch... This continued Limbo is loosing more people then any wipe or no-wipe scenario!

Absolutely. The worse part is knowing that we can't have any more expectations other than the whole wipe/no wipe thing for release. There won't be anything new, no new features, loops or systems coming, nor changes to what we currently have, like giving a better Lua API. It's a big disappointment.

With current state of game if they release they will have an influx of probably 50,000 players in one month, servers will tank, game will be review bombed on game review sites, and the population will fall to around 5k players probably, that will taper back to a little more than what we have over a 6 month period.

I don't care what the dev's say about how many players they supposedly have. What I care about it what I see. Which is usually the same 20 some people in chat, and then Me, Myself, and I in my area.

Regardless of wipe or no wipe, there is a ton of grind and not a lot of reason for grinding. 

19 hours ago, Muhadmananda said:

that's why i said finished enough and not finished...no need to educate me on how mmos work :)

And I meant 'finished' in the negative sense, as in suddenly shut down shortly after release for financial reasons. So I guess we both talked past each other.. :)

I don't think it's fair to hate on that and probably didn't take that much time either.... That being said I would 't have known where to start and couldn't be bothered to find out either... It's uuugh... Let's just forget about it. Even though I'm not feeling great about the game RN, just let them when they try something new, not everything needs to be for everybody.

1 hour ago, Cybob19 said:

I don't think it's fair to hate on that and probably didn't take that much time either.... That being said I would 't have known where to start and couldn't be bothered to find out either... It's uuugh... Let's just forget about it. Even though I'm not feeling great about the game RN, just let them when they try something new, not everything needs to be for everybody.

Fair enough, though it probably took a lot more total work-hours than you might expect. 

I can't really blame them for wanting to have some fun -- I imagine working at NQ is rather stressful especially now.

I do apologize for being a bit of a jerk about their egg hunt.

Nqs reticence at confirming a wipe behind all the "its a hard decision" rhetoric is understandable, confirming it too early could have a catastrophic effect on the player base moral, leading to a mass exodus and cold servers. That being said, I do think that all the beta players should keep their skills, as a thank you to everyone pre launch and give the existing player base a good reason to keep playing after the launch, the new universe will need leaders and content creators off the bat to help all the newbs coming to the game for the first time. Everything else can go and be recovered but skills would give dual universe the foundational people to help the others build a sustainable culture and economy. 

Have fun fall from orbit.

11 hours ago, Thunderblaze said:

@NQ-Nyota Can NQ pause territory tax & subscription fees so we can all take a break while you guys decide?

Thanks.

Not only a good idea, but also in many ways the only correct action for NQ in a situation they can only blame themself for. And highlights how problematic the entire wipe discussion is with regard to NQ already charging player subscriptions.

This whole thing goes to show how unprepared they are for release. 

It's been nearly a month of "internal debate" -- and in the meantime, no information (to my knowledge) about any other updates planned. They have no interest in keeping their players engaged and looking forward to the next drop.

Even if the release date isn't set in stone, the content should be planned out well in advance. 

NQ isn't ready for release because they don't understand this urgency.

This isn't rocket science. They've had plenty of time to practice...of course, if it actually takes them a month to make a simple choice (that's been years in the making), I guess planning out updates is too much to ask? 

Our complaining about poor customer engagement is for their benefit, but they seem to take it personally or just don't believe it's a big deal. The run the game like it is single player, not like a subscription-based product. 

Why would anyone keep paying NQ month after month when it takes them so long to do anything...? It's just another big issue that will encourage players to churn. Either they are absurdly stubborn, or morale over there is completely depleted. 

Edited by blundertwink