Is the server throttled more than before?

While doing my ore collection today I noticed that loading of textures is very noticibly and considerabley slower (and frequently just missed with black or blurred patches all oevr the place when flying) than previously. Overall, the server response feel more sluggish than before as well.

A lot of artefacts as well and I see water spawning in (and disappearing when I get closer) where it never was before when flying a known route

Anyone else notice this ?

I can also confirm this.
I normally always fly the same routes - since the patch it renders everything extremely slow, even worse that it has to recalculate everything, in my route everything was otherwise available, now I have to wait a few seconds in the area before the city etc. is displayed.

I've noticed other problems yesterday and today. When linking up industry elements, sometimes it stalls for a few seconds, where the yellow "select a destination" line stays "in your hand" and the destination you have selected turns red until the server responds, and then after 2-3 seconds the destination thing turns green and you get to try again. 😐 Sometimes it would fail a handful of times, and I'm just trying to build things, not fight the server.

Every time I've attempted to play since Athena dropped I've logged into horrible server issues that has ruined the experince. Every time I had to wait for something to load I kept thinking "oh... NQ is probably gonna wipe all of this"... it's like that moment when you're looking at your phone and the screen turns off to reveal the reflection of your face from the most unflattering angle ever, and when you catch a glance you start to rethink your life a bit.

I've got my PVE experience as well after taking off with a Player mission on board. A Player structure unfortunately popped up on screen just a few meters in front of me and I couldn't react and crashed. You have to know your surroundings much better now, especially when taking a mission with a collateral of 100M Quanta.

iiiiiiiikk

I'm glad I'm not alone in this as it is a rather obvious issue. It's so bad for me now that I fall through the ship when landing in some places I never had issues before and/or seeing very weird lines on the ground, much like Lissajous curves or distortion you would see back in the day when you ran a C64 on a TV .. 

It definately feels like NQ has either dialed back server performance even further and/or has some considerable performance issues with this patch.

It would be great to get some clarification on this from NQ side ..

@NQ-Deckard

Sure.. that could be possible. ;)

But at the same time, If that was the case, the fact this would have such a severe impact on the overall performance makes you question if NQ is even close to being able to handle the numbers they will need to have a viable game and also would put into question the process of scaling they have always claimed to have built in to the server tech.

So left or right, it's really not good ..