ADDED ACCOUNT SECURITY: ENABLE TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION

1 hour ago, EasternGamer said:

2FA isn't particularly an important feature, but some people care about it. So adding it is adding "polish" to the game overall. If you think it wasn't worth their time, then that's your opinion. Some things are easier to do than others and add more polish than most.

Just keep in mind that MMOs are often prime targets for hackers because most MMO accounts can easily be translated into real-world value.

I don't know that there will be such a grey market for DU, but in other MMOs stealing someone's game currency or account is almost always worth it. Why bother farming the gold when you can just steal it...?

Especially if DU's login system is vulnerable to common things like dictionary attacks, 2FA is a wise thing to turn on and I appreciate NQ's effort and the fact that they are even incentivizing it (maybe they know something about their own vulnerabilities that we don't...) 

So 2FA is not a bad thing at all, it isn't something they threw in just because some people like it. 

Why do we have to install an app on our phone, can't you just send a text with the code like other logins do?

Also, it's going to be a nightmare having to enter email address and password and wait for code before every login when switching between accounts.

And what's this everyone is talking about a wipe?

Please don't wipe Sanctuary.

14 hours ago, EasternGamer said:

2FA isn't particularly an important feature, but some people care about it. So adding it is adding "polish" to the game overall. If you think it wasn't worth their time, then that's your opinion. Some things are easier to do than others and add more polish than most.

Well I don't want to say that 2FA is bad, just that no one cares at the moment until it is clear if a wipe is coming or not and what it looks like.

Well hopefully they can get enough money from selling our personal information to further develop the game. And hopefully they will also be able to narrow down a target audience for future advertising. 

One thing I can say for sure: If there is a complete wipe of sanctuary, I will only consider bringing back one of my 3 accounts.

2FA is a pain but it isn't a dealbreaker.

A complete wipe including Sanctuary is a dealbreaker such that I will only even consider subscribing with a single account; I might not even do that.

If Sanctuary is left unwiped then I will consider subscribing all 3 of my beta keys when subscriptions start.

You have my feedback.

Celestis, Aeliana, & Kyklos

On 5/5/2022 at 6:44 AM, RugesV said:

Well hopefully they can get enough money from selling our personal information to further develop the game. And hopefully they will also be able to narrow down a target audience for future advertising. 

Selling personal information would breach GDPR https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation

and yes the rules are enforced https://www.enforcementtracker.com/

24 minutes ago, Kurosawa said:

Selling personal information would breach GDPR https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation

and yes the rules are enforced https://www.enforcementtracker.com/

Plus, this personal data just isn't worth very much. It's only worthwhile in bulk and DU doesn't have enough scale to be worth anything. For reference, a lead list of ~10k emails sells for <$1,000 ($2k tops if they are highly qualified and highly accurate) and I'm not sure NQ has even that amount.

Certainly not worth enough to risk GDPR fines :D 

• 2 weeks later...