ADDED ACCOUNT SECURITY: ENABLE TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION

Personally I am not a huge fan of 2FA but I can appreciate promoting better account security standards. Please try and keep it optional thou, as some of us like to keep our professional lives separate from our gaming career.

Also just an fyi, the new authentication page says to input your username but it actually requires the player's email. You might want to fix that to avoid confusion.

More security is always great. However, will these "bonuses" still be available after a possible wipe? Do I have to wait to redeem them before the game is released?

2FA is very good!

Just enabled it for all four of my accounts.

I was afraid that I would have to enter it every time I log into the client. But after some testing, it works wonderfully, I have the option to remember 2FA on the client for 90 days. I even wondered what happened if I switched accounts, just ask for 2FA code if your account hasn't logged in yet, otherwise it remembers the already filled in 2FA (token) for 90 days.

I am wondering:

How this works on GeforceNow. Is that token information stored in your personal account, not stored at all, or accessible to all?

What happens if you turn off 2FA? What happens if you turn on 2FA again (rewarded again)? I'm not testing it though.

Issues found:

When you log on the first time with 2FA enabled, in some cases it does not show the talent points, even though there's a popup that tells you you're rewarded with them. Workaround: logoff and logon again.

Request:

Can you please add a list of accounts in the clients that have stored logon information. When switching characters I have to copy paste userid/password from a password database (as I use very complex passwords I would never ever remember!)... Might turn off some people from buying more account subscriptions...

Implementation very good!

I'd like to have backup codes. I have lost my Discord account before due to my phone getting destroyed in a fire, and the only way I would possibly get it back was through backup codes which I neglected to store anywhere. So the addition of backup codes, something really long and unguessable or something, would be great option. It doesn't always have to be there, but just give me the option :)

*sarcasm on*

the most important and crucial question is now solved: there is 2FA for Dual Universe.  Thank you for this very important news.

If there is any other great news, I will be glad to hear from NQ again.

*sarcasm off*

I do like the idea here, but it would be useful to be able to link multiple accounts into one TOTP.  At the moment if I put 6 accounts into my google authenticator they will all be saying 'novaquark-production' followed by the first 6 characters of the e-mail address for each account before the rest scrolls off the screen.  It will cause the authenticator to use more than one page of codes on the phone (because there are about 5 others in there already) so I'll have to mess about with scrolling and suchlike.

None of these are showstoppers, but grouping accounts so I just have one TOTP saying 'dual universe' would be a lot more useful.

maybe you all should wait till AFTER the wipe to get the million talents points might be more useful when we all start from zero again...

But thumbs up for doing 2FA

Wow you guys, just wow. There are services vendors I pay for things professionally that don't do MFA in 2022. You guys did it unexpectedly and correctly, minus the spelling errors. The 30 day device remember is great. The rewards are great (plz dnt wipe). The options to hook it to are great (although don't push Authy, IMO). Good job. No complaints on this one. Really, whoever suggested this needs to get a cake party.

14 hours ago, Ragnarok8 said:

That seals the deal were getting a full wipe otherwise they wouldn't offer 1 million talent points just for this. 

Another full wipe rever really was an option tobegin with and was always the "if all else fails" type of wipe. What NQ will do is aprtial wipe, so you get to keep these skillpoints.

I do agree it's good to see 2FA implemented but I woudl reall like to hav ethe option to choose a longer period the token remains active. 3 months is OK, but for games I prefer a year.

One thing this hopefully does put some context around for some is how little 1 million skillpoints means for an established (2 year old) account while at the same time being a massive amount for a new one.

13 hours ago, PotatoMart said:

*sarcasm on*

the most important and crucial question is now solved: there is 2FA for Dual Universe.  Thank you for this very important news.

If there is any other great news, I will be glad to hear from NQ again.

*sarcasm off*

2FA isn't particularly an important feature, but some people care about it. So adding it is adding "polish" to the game overall. If you think it wasn't worth their time, then that's your opinion. Some things are easier to do than others and add more polish than most.