Ore Surface Spanning

Stew69

I'm new to the game, but a few days ago, I could mine on my tile and a close market-place tile.  I used the ore for both building up cash and building up my base.  Fast forward a couple days later, and I don't see any ore in either location.  Since I'm on a newbie planet, I can't mine any unused tiles.

I have management to scrap together enough resources and cash (for the schematics) to build my first large miner.  But that is going to be just a single resource and have limited output.

Is this the way surface ore is suppose to be?  once harvested, it is gone forever?  I'm pretty sure it was respawning before this weekend, but haven't seen anything new since Saturday.  

From what I can tell, there is only very limited number of ways for somebody starting out to make any money.  Surface mining is very tedious, but should be part of the game so starting players can progress through the starting tech and build up a decent base (I don't even have a ship to fly to another planet let alone the schematics to build just a few of the pieces).

Like I said above, I only been playing for a few days, but know the game has been around for a while.  I find it hard to believe that the ore on the market place wasn't harvested LONG before I started playing, but I also don't know if it is intended this way or just a bug (really hope it is a bug because I'm very limited on where to move forward except maybe go back to Satisfactory.)

Thanks

Stew

3 minutes ago, Stew69 said:

Is this the way surface ore is suppose to be?  once harvested, it is gone forever?  I'm pretty sure it was respawning before this weekend, but haven't seen anything new since Saturday. 

Well... At the start at beta surface ore respawned, we've been told that it was a bug, they might have fixed that with one of the latest patches...

At one of the starter markets you can transport for free to Alioth and teleport to one of the central Alioth markets. In those Aphelia tiles, you can't claim, there's probably quite a lot of ore to mine still (might have to move a bit from the market though, purple tiles are good, red are not).

Have you already saturated your tile with Small Miners (you can build from your backpack)? Do you calibrate regularly? Every calibration generates a bunch of T1 ores. I would suggest that you do not sell ore for quanta, do missions instead (there's one on Alioth that nets you 180.000 quanta per run). You can build an atmo ship from T1 parts/ores (mostly from the backpack). Use XS containers from the backpack and buy a container Hub from Alioth market 6 @9000 quanta to link the containers together (get there via the free shuttle service).

Question: Is all ore gone or only very specific ore you're looking for? At the beginning of beta batches respawned when you mined all ore types from a certain area...

You might want to prioritize a Territory Claim Unit to build or buy and claim a tile on Alioth in a somewhat unclaimed area... Claim one tile, collect in the rest. Don't forget to mark it as one of you're Headquarter tiles... You might have to pay taxes to mine on it though...

If you want to do it all yourself, you can refund the million quanta, otherwise have fun!

1 hour ago, Cergorach said:

Well... At the start at beta surface ore respawned, we've been told that it was a bug, they might have fixed that with one of the latest patches...

At one of the starter markets you can transport for free to Alioth and teleport to one of the central Alioth markets. In those Aphelia tiles, you can't claim, there's probably quite a lot of ore to mine still (might have to move a bit from the market though, purple tiles are good, red are not).

Have you already saturated your tile with Small Miners (you can build from your backpack)? Do you calibrate regularly? Every calibration generates a bunch of T1 ores. I would suggest that you do not sell ore for quanta, do missions instead (there's one on Alioth that nets you 180.000 quanta per run). You can build an atmo ship from T1 parts/ores (mostly from the backpack). Use XS containers from the backpack and buy a container Hub from Alioth market 6 @9000 quanta to link the containers together (get there via the free shuttle service).

Question: Is all ore gone or only very specific ore you're looking for? At the beginning of beta batches respawned when you mined all ore types from a certain area...

You might want to prioritize a Territory Claim Unit to build or buy and claim a tile on Alioth in a somewhat unclaimed area... Claim one tile, collect in the rest. Don't forget to mark it as one of you're Headquarter tiles... You might have to pay taxes to mine on it though...

If you want to do it all yourself, you can refund the million quanta, otherwise have fun!

I don't think I fully agree with the dev's on having ore respawn because this will really hurt new players.

I'm actually not that close to an space hub (didn't know the difference when I started, but about 2-3 tiles from the basic marketplace).  I did visit one the other day but didn't realize that the shuttles to Alioth are free.

I was actually just doing surface harvesting and didn't make any small miners.  But I have worked my way up to make large miners and looking for the ores to process and make one for each T1 ore.  I got my base somewhat automated that I just need to put the raw ore in a storage box and it will process it into an almost finished process without me having to handle large amounts of products.

I haven't saw anything on the mission system other than they currently wasn't working as intended.  What kinds of missions are there to perform?

I'm just learning the basics for the static core, not sure about building a ship.  

Very steep learning curve if they expect me to build a ship in less than a week :(

Thanks for the advice

Stew

BTW Thanks for the quanta - will put it to good use :)

Edited by Stew69

The missions are pickup at location X and drop off at location Y.

As for building ships, yes might be a bit soonish if you spent the first week building factories. Did you pick up the free ship from the tutorial? If so, look at it in buildmode and how things are connected (what to what). Build something similar, but bigger with more engines. Do some (careful test flying).

Will look at the missions.  Working on building a small craft at my home base but don't remember getting a ship from the tutorial.  I currently just got my 'house' and a small hovercraft (speeder).

I did put bigger hover engines and bigger atmospheric engines on it so it moves a bit faster.  My nest step was to build an atmospheric plane that will travel faster once I get all 4 miners set up.  I think I saw something on a youtube about putting the craft in your inventory and then popping it out once you get to your destination.  But haven't figured out how that works or if it is still in the game.

And agree with the test flying (and don't forget the scrap when you do).  First attempt to modify my speeder, I was able to get over 600 km/h, but ran into the side of the mountain because I didn't have enough lift to get over a hill.

Thanks again

Stew

44 minutes ago, Stew69 said:

I think I saw something on a youtube about putting the craft in your inventory and then popping it out once you get to your destination.  But haven't figured out how that works or if it is still in the game.

It's still in, no more then three atmo engines, no space engines, no containers.

Aim at craft/ship press ALT+B or or right click, select Construct and then select Construct Compactification.

The amount of crashes I am involved with when I fly a new ship is... The reason why I don't have a drivers license in RL! 😉

You can load your own scripts for flight interfaces and a bit of auto pilot, I would advise you look at this way later:

https://github.com/Archaegeo/Archaegeo-Orbital-Hud

There are videos on YT on how to install that.

Missions are pretty badly broken atm, but there are a couple of easy missions that you can do in a speeder on Alioth. (And the shuttle is free).

Nano-craft four Basic Mining Unit S and set them up. You can get a permanent supply of T1 ore and not break you wrist surface mining. That's both in-game money and raw material for crafting simple stuff.

Wish we were getting the game NQ has been advertising lol.

18 hours ago, Stew69 said:

Fast forward a couple days later, and I don't see any ore in either location.

Have you tried with your mining tool selected? They recently changed it so surface ores aren't so visible and eye-searing anymore, but they show up like they used to once you have your mining tool selected.