So hard to see the spawned rocks now!

Celestis

I just came back to have a look at what's changed and the first thing I notice is that I can no-longer see the rocks that have spawned on my territory!

Every time I come back I find something else that you've made worse for being able to play the game.

Please put the bright colours back on the rocks so that we can see them to harvest them.

Yeah, these rocks not showing as skittles all over the place unless you equip the tool you need for them is IMO one of the better changes in Athena, sad as the implication of that is for the update itself.

The only problem now is :

Flying with a magic carpet to search all those piles of rock is impossible (inconvenient).

Because when you activate the harvest tool to see the rocks,

one can no more control the speed of the carpet with the mouse wheel.

Already reported as bug.

But maybe that will simply not be necessary anymore in the future, because it looks like the rocks are spawning now right under your feet when calibrating...

9 hours ago, Jinxed said:

One of the best minor changes in the patch IYAM.  Thankfully they only appear in surface harvesting mode. I hated those nasty Bertie’s All Coloured Beans. 

Yeah. I agree with this.

Were people actually flying a construct to surface mine? You can run at 60kph. How much faster do you need to go? And could you really see anything useful at that speed?

4 hours ago, Daphne Jones said:

Yeah. I agree with this.

Were people actually flying a construct to surface mine? You can run at 60kph. How much faster do you need to go? And could you really see anything useful at that speed?

I think one of my alts has all 5s in Avatar skills and can surface jet at 85kph or something cool like that.

18 hours ago, Daphne Jones said:

I was at a time when I was picking up the ores from the autominer minigame. But when I tested one of the small autominers on Sanctuary last weekend, it just spawned right below the miner. So very little reason, unless you're backpack mining and need to go back to your storage...

But being able to fly at 1050km/h is very nice! 😉

When flying with a carpet to collect ore, it's not because of speed. It's because of much better terrain overview. Have an ecu on your carpet, and whenever you see something, just jump off the carpet directly onto the pile of ore. carpet will land safely meanwhile somewhere in front of you.