Where is the "fast food" gameplay for PvP ?

Knight-Sevy

So NQ,

Ok that's cool, you put alien stations 500 Su away from planets so PvP players don't interact with other players.

Now, what do you suggest for players to have fast gameplay in PvP?

An area not too far from the safe zone?
With loot boxes to destroy and with a little loot in it that is worth it for guys to go and compete with XS or S?

Imagine a new solo player who arrives, apart from entering a station fight at 1000 Su, the game has nothing to offer.

Move around a bit.

35 minutes ago, Knight-Sevy said:

So NQ,

Ok that's cool, you put alien stations 500 Su away from planets so PvP players don't interact with other players.

Now, what do you suggest for players to have fast gameplay in PvP?

An area not too far from the safe zone?
With loot boxes to destroy and with a little loot in it that is worth it for guys to go and compete with XS or S?

Imagine a new solo player who arrives, apart from entering a station fight at 1000 Su, the game has nothing to offer.

Move around a bit.

This is what happens when you treat pvp as a separate thing entirely, and not fully integrated into your game world.   Open world pvp wont work with all these safe zones.  If you cant attack someones base on alioth, you wont get this huge emergent gameplay they always touted.  Once again NQ missed the mark with these alien cores.  It reeks of like you said "go way over there pvpers" so they can go to the carebears and be like "see the pvpers are way over there they cant hurt you!".  

That's exactly what I told my PvP mates when I read a mention on Athena's announcements.

"Release the Pressure on PvE Players"

I was there in mode, you will see they will send us a thousand SU so that you leave the PvE players alone.

It did not fail.

The worst part is that they even destroyed the hauler missions so that if you are a PvP player you now have no targets.

Checkmate for in-game player interactions.

And an MMO without interaction is a dead MMO.

16 hours ago, CousinSal said:

so they can go to the carebears and be like "see the pvpers are way over there they cant hurt you!".  

Brilliant, let's keep repeating that.  The pvpers are all somewhere else now, come out and play carebears!

Missions are dead in my case can't see me burning up my machine for 5 hours afk flying so others will avoid it too. This was supposed to be a PvP update but what it did was removing combat opportunities for PvP players. Maybe too many cried of loosing a ship in a pipe and NQ could not hear it anymore.

Or directly an NQ staff.
There are many who play their game in private. But given the quality and balance of PvP, we know that they are not part of the PvP community.

Maybe they don't need to receive complaints from PVE players. The only ones are enough for them "fix the shame of loosing a ship in pvp".

If you need unarmed targets to PVP, you aren't really a PVPer. (That's for many of the responders, not necessarily the OP).

PVP is inevitably broken in DU. If you force everyone into it, almost everyone will quit. It's pointless to do PVP that you can't ever win no matter what you do and that's what DU PVP is for 90% of the players - pretty much for any player who wants to do anything other than PVP.

For the OP, there's plenty of PVP near the SZs. Asteroids for one thing. Go find an exotic asteroid and drop a mining team on it. Someone will show up and try to take it from you. (Just wait till after the wipe cause no one is bothering with that with the wipe hanging over our heads).

On 4/27/2022 at 11:39 PM, Knight-Sevy said:

Or directly an NQ staff.
There are many who play their game in private. But given the quality and balance of PvP, we know that they are not part of the PvP community.

Maybe they don't need to receive complaints from PVE players. The only ones are enough for them "fix the shame of loosing a ship in pvp".

There are guesses, wild guesses and then Sevy guesses.... This was pulled so far out of nowhere it's almost amusing. What basis have you got for any of that targeted saltiness? You literally think that an NQ employees moved PVP out into deep space because of other NQ employees lost their ships?...

Wow, that's conspiracy theory level mental gymnastics.

I love it when KS gets her knickers in a twist because she can't find a seal to club... de dums.

42 minutes ago, Jinxed said:

There are guesses, wild guesses and then Sevy guesses.... This was pulled so far out of nowhere it's almost amusing. What basis have you got for any of that targeted saltiness? You literally think that an NQ employees moved PVP out into deep space because of other NQ employees lost their ships?...

Wow, that's conspiracy theory level mental gymnastics.

I love it when KS gets her knickers in a twist because she can't find a seal to club... de dums.

Hello, sorry in my nationality we do a lot of irony and black humor.
NQ changes regarding PvP are so disconnected that the majority of the community is really confused.

But you are right, there is no smoke without fires.
So I thought about why this trait of (misunderstood) humor.

We know JC was kicked out of the company.
His vision of the game including a PvP part has been publicly confronted during several videos with the personal vision of the project of his second (currently at the head of the game design part of the studio).
During these public interviews he challenged several times in a very frontal way the few ideas and ambitions that JC could have on the overall functioning of the game (on the PvP part).

Of course JC's reasons for leaving were certainly valid and respectable. But the person who took over was in opposition to a significant amount of things that were part of JC's vision. He won, there is no doubt that the overall state of the game (performance) has improved significantly, but this change in the direction of the game has a lot of impact.

Hope this clears things up a bit for you.

12 hours ago, Daphne Jones said:

If you need unarmed targets to PVP, you aren't really a PVPer. (That's for many of the responders, not necessarily the OP).

PVP is inevitably broken in DU. If you force everyone into it, almost everyone will quit. It's pointless to do PVP that you can't ever win no matter what you do and that's what DU PVP is for 90% of the players - pretty much for any player who wants to do anything other than PVP.

For the OP, there's plenty of PVP near the SZs. Asteroids for one thing. Go find an exotic asteroid and drop a mining team on it. Someone will show up and try to take it from you. (Just wait till after the wipe cause no one is bothering with that with the wipe hanging over our heads).

I think you misunderstood.

What is requested is to add content.

Little things to loot for beginner players.
Shooting innocuous targets is a good start for this.
This is instructive:
- Go to space
- Have a ship with working weapons
- Train in shooting and combat with a very inexpensive ship
- Do not totally waste your time and have a little loot (really very little)

This is all part 1.

=> Now part 2
When 2 players meet in this "beginner" PvP environment, we will have the beginning of interactions between players.
Will they continue to do their business ignoring each other?
Will they want to collect the same loot crate?
Will a doghfight between the 2 begin?

It is an activity that must be able to be done quickly (without having to go through 50 Su for the asteroids or 200 Su for the alien core).
Which should not be expensive, without bringing in a lot as well.
And must use gameplay not currently used (weapons).

Having to destroy "PvE loot boxes", helps to circulate the economy: fuel, ammunition and possibly entire ships if 2 players compete there.