Honeycomb and Talents, needs some improvement!

Wolfram

Well, two things I'd like to talk about here, but it's all related to honeycomb refining. Basically, seems like the Honeycomb Efficiency talents are either broken or don't have correct descriptions. 

This is what honeycomb refining looks like if you don't have any talents put on, you put in 1800L of material and get 180m³ of honeycomb, every 3 minutes:

image.thumb.png.27dad0e89e359d61a9c59ef85410ea1d.png

Now, if you get the "Honeycomb Efficiency" talent, which says "-10% crafting time for XXXXXX Honeycomb Schematics", the batch size is increased, but the time is not changed - at level 3 I've got 2500L to 250m³, still 3 minutes:

image.thumb.png.6fa7a1fe3be7367815dee66a7c3e4ce5.png

And this is what the talent description says:

image.png.027e398984334cbe91011d8c1713b9ca.png

To make things worse, this talent is required at level 4 to be able to learn both honeycomb refining and productivity skills. For those who actively work producing honeycomb isn't too big of a deal, but I produce mostly to myself and barely used 180m³, can't even tell how I will use 250m³ or more. Please fix this.

As a second note, would be nice if we could run fractional batches of certain stuff such as honeycomb. Like, if I could run just half or a quarter of it would be so much better, specially because there's stuff I simply won't need that much of (such as material used for small details, etc).

Thanks!

19 hours ago, Wolfram said:

This is what honeycomb refining looks like if you don't have any talents put on, you put in 1800L of material and get 180m³ of honeycomb, every 3 minutes:

That is 1 second per m³.

Now, if you get the "Honeycomb Efficiency" talent, which says "-10% crafting time for XXXXXX Honeycomb Schematics", the batch size is increased, but the time is not changed - at level 3 I've got 2500L to 250m³, still 3 minutes:

That is 0.75 seconds per m³. The average crafting time for the same amount of honeycomb actually is decreased but not as much as expected. With -10% per level it schould be 0.7 s (if 10% refers to the time at level 0) or 0.73 s (if 10% refers to the time at the current level).

I produce mostly to myself and barely used 180m³, can't even tell how I will use 250m³ or more. Please fix this.

In that case NQ expects you to nanocraft (if possible) or buy on the market. Of course that doesn't work. But that's NQs vision of 'playing the game correctly'. They made pretty clear that industry is supposed for mass production only and not for individual demand. That's why schematics have been implemented.

The only issue here is the need to fix the description.

When the game originally released in beta that's the way it worked. The skill decreased the time. However one of the larger stresses on the server was factories, they where ticking so fast it had the potential to lag the game.

So increasing the time between actions, and thus increasing the quantity for each action was done it was not just honeycombs, but also also parts. For the most part it is a non issue, anyone producing quantity is not affected.

At the end of the day it's not the end of the world for honeycombs either. You can make small batches in your nanosuit. You can buy small batches (shops are setup where you can buy everytype of honeycombs.) Or store it, you will find other projects for it.

Well I guess it makes some sense then. I do understand NQ's vision of making stuff in large quantity and relying on player interactions, but sometimes I can't afford the time just to fly into a market or even to Honeycomb Central to pick up a small batch and come back while designing a ship, that's why I have a few basic stuff at home such as aluminium, steel and carbon fiber refineries.

Anyways, I hope NQ fixes this description issue, at least to prevent others from getting screwed from it. For me it isn't a big deal putting out 3000L of something instead of 1800L, but I'm quite sure it will be for others.