Mobile Space Market

TobiwanKenobi

Ok, Aegis is cool. The first space market. I love it.

But what if there was a XL market 'ship' (it would of course have to be a space core made to look like a ship) that 'warped' to a different and random planet once a week during maintenance?

Players could bring their ore and elements up to this market and list them for sale. Eventually, once a month or so, the ship returns to Aegis for a week and players are afforded the opportunity to buy outer planet ore without having to travel for it. Vice versa, as the ship travels from Aegis to outer planets, players operating on those outer planets have a chance to buy goods without having to transport them from the safe zone. This provides a low-risk but very slow and delayed way of transporting resources around the system. With the randomness of the ship market's destinations, players wouldn't be able to easily exploit it to avoid transporting goods entirely. Moreover, goods stored and listed on this market could be taxed, once per week, so that players can't just use it as a permanent mobile storage of material.

Just a random idea I had. There may be more problems with it, but I thought it could be a fun thing to have in DU.