In case of a WIPE/Restart, rethink the MU Gameplay

Captain Hills

I'm not sure if I have the power to restart the Game in case of a wipe.

I'd like to share a possible motivation for me and maybe some others.

Scanning can be very frustrating, guessing that all fancy tiles are gone anyway, probably. There is too much pressure running for this.

Instead of Gems and whatnot once was planned ...

What about spread a little extra to all the MU gameplay.

a pure T1 Node also spits 10% T2 ore (random ore each time), plus 1% T3 ore (yep, random ore) - plus 0.1% T4 ore - and guess what, also 0.01% T5 ore

.. while a T2 Node spits 10% T3, 1% T4 and 0.1% T5 - and a T3/T4 Node just follows that row the same way

e.g. working with a Malachite T2 Node means you get tons of Malachite plus all sorts of ore in addition, but just those tiny portions

in the time it takes to extract 200L Malachite, you'll also get the sum of 0.2L T5 ore and 2L fancy T4 ore 

Not being able to get all sorts of ore, even in very low amounts was my personal frustration.

Especially after tri-scanning a total time of ~200h since the MU gameplay.

Well, I can't see Alioth having any T4 and T5 ores, but a bit of T2 even in very low amounts would be a welcome addition, or at least have more T2 nodes around the planet. For Haven specifically, I think each tile should have a baseline amount of T2, even if it's just 15L or so, because we'll need to make fuel eventually.

They definitely made it easier to track down flowers. But not everything has been taken. Area's get missed. Or not the ore they where looking for. Now does it become harder to find? Yes, like allot harder. Let's say 50% of the planet has been scanned. Your chances of finding a tile is now just 25%

I think a way to fix this issue is to make scans public after a period of time. Well help get rid of the pretense that nothing is left. 

Reguarding giving other ores. That's a bad idea. Right now you actually have people trading they have allot of for ore others have allot of.

On 4/18/2022 at 2:21 PM, Captain Hills said:

...a pure T1 Node also spits 10% T2 ore (random ore each time), plus 1% T3 ore (yep, random ore) - plus 0.1% T4 ore - and guess what, also 0.01% T5 ore

.. while a T2 Node spits 10% T3, 1% T4 and 0.1% T5 - and a T3/T4 Node just follows that row the same way...

If you look at t1 prices, you may notice that with the exception of a small handful of orders, the prices have essentially hit the floor set by the bots. T2 and T3 aren't much better. This has resulted from near about everyone and their dog running auto-miners and flooding the market with all the ore they have easy access to. Allowing people such access to T4 and T5 would probably do the same for them.

While I can very much appreciate the desire to find high-tier ores (no luck on my end either), I suspect that all something like this would do is de-value them on the market.

9 hours ago, RugesV said:

...I think a way to fix this issue is to make scans public after a period of time. Well help get rid of the pretense that nothing is left... 

While this would allow people to know where has or has not been scanned yet, it would also be functionally forcing the cooperation of everyone that scans tiles. The universal availability of scans would subsequently in turn let people grab every last liter of high-value material (and I have seen people claim tiles over a single liter in spite of the non-profitable output).

As such I suspect that universal scan availability would replace the potential pretense for some that nothing is left with assurance for everyone that nothing is left. 

1 hour ago, Taelessael said:

As such I suspect that universal scan availability would replace the potential pretense for some that nothing is left with assurance for everyone that nothing is left. 

I dont think that is true. While, yes once all the tiles on all the planets are scanned. The very best stuff will be claimed. But there are plenty of good flowers out there that are not claimed. And yes some people will claim tiles that are good just to sell them later.  

I could see a caveat in there that claimed tiles dont show ore values. (although you can still go manually scan those tiles). The vast quantiity of ore tiles out there, There is plenty for everyone. 

11 hours ago, RugesV said:

There is plenty for everyone. 

That is true in the very beginning but stagnates over time.

I wasn't there when the system has changed to MU but I scanned a lot before and after that has changed - and I don't like the system as it is now.

If you are one of the first running scans and you have multiple Accounts THEN that's a cool thing for sure.

Constant supply is okey if anyone at least gets a little bit. And I'm really talking about that little bit.

Allowing people such access to T4 and T5 would probably do the same for them.

Bringing those little bits to the market will not pay out. Its a "save this bit" to once run some Gold-Honeycombs or whatever. 

It will not hurt the market but gives the feeling to get a bit from the cake. 

I have 150 KL Columbite/Niobium and there is nobody selling any on the market. With or without MUs.

With the MU mechanic as it is now, there is too much monopolism with this infinite-flag.

But thank you for your contribution.