Wipe details needed sooner than later

J-Rod

For now novaquark is making their discussion transparent internally.

No one said a reset would happen. You are painful to affirm something that is not yet settled.

I'm just sure of one thing, it'll never fix anything, it's an MMO. Just seeing more rage quit and a lot of builders won't come back.

This forum is not a representation of all active players, let alone discord.

It would be good to have a poll in the game itself in English, German and French.

-1 for your comments.

15 minutes ago, Tekhamon said:

No one said a reset would happen. You are painful to affirm something that is not yet settled.

-1 for your comments.

You are misunderstanding what I said. They clearly outlined several options for a wipe including a no wipe possibility, I was simply asking when they are going to give us more info on which option they are choosing. We would all like to know as soon as possible to make plans going forward.

-2 for your comments LOL

1 hour ago, blazemonger said:

The fact they have not made an official announcment really only points in one direction. Not announcing a non wipe makes no sense, not announcing a wipe untill  the last possible moment does, certainly in the well establiushed mindset of NQ

And if true, it says A LOT about NQ so called promises to have "absolute transparency about the development progress" and " new and innovative ways to get you directly involved in the roadmap decisions".

But also, why did they post the latest update at all then? Even NQ must have known the shit storm it would cause? Did they really think we would not see how clearly biased it was written, and all happily line up and start cheering for a wipe?

8 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

But also, why did they post the latest update at all then? Even NQ must have known the shit storm it would cause?

I do not think they did. NQ is astoundingly naive in their thought patterns and decision making in these things and the post painfully exposes the massive disconnect between what NQ thinks is playing in the community and what actually is happening. But that is not new and NQ is completely tonedeaf to any and all signals that try and make them aware.

And that is what I fear for in regards to the success of DU, the game can be fixed (eventually) but as long as NQ stays on the course tthey are on and maintains the attitude they have, that chance is slim at best.

My biggest fear is in a similar vein but a bit more focused on the practical.

The way NQ currently operates mean that even if they somehow manage to gather a large crowd of new players, they will not be able to keep their interest for very long.

I mean we all know how a successful MMO requires the developers to deliver rapid and concise responses to issues, and a steady stream of updates and improvements.

I would really not be surprised if NQ actually thought that their post was a porper response to the issue and they ticked the "update on wipe" box off the list.

By en large the community is well aware it was just throwing more fuel to the fire but hey.. what do we know.. /s

If NQ really has no idea what they have planned for a wipe, soft or otherwise, that’s a problem. Being this close to launch, they should at least have some notion of what they intend to do.

Rather than wait for player feedback, they should give the community some inkling as to what they are thinking the right course of action is, and then get feedback on that. Without any real specifics, we can’t really provide them with much more than blind panic.

Either way, more clarity is needed. The longer they wait, the more it feels like our feedback isn’t really important. The fact that every con they listed only  amounted to “We’ll maybe piss a few people off.” is troubling and short sighted.

12 minutes ago, Novidian Prime said:

Either way, more clarity is needed. The longer they wait, the more it feels like our feedback isn’t really important. The fact that every con they listed only  amounted to “We’ll maybe piss a few people off.” is troubling and short sighted.

I don't think they like player feedback, honestly. Some comments in the past have soured me on their ability to process feedback in a professional, objective way...like calling some posters "know-it-alls" and constantly trying to remind players that only they know how hard game development is (which is very false). 

I don't view this as just a wipe for balance or changes or whatever...it's also a wipe of players they don't really like hearing from...I get that constant negativity is a huge morale-suck, but it's also a "canary in the coal auto-miner" sort of thing that they've generally ignored. 

IMO they do the wipe, then they shut down the forum after letting people vent...then they proceed with release without the pesky burden of player feedback.

Then they crash and burn because they forgot to test the game at scale...again. 😅

On 4/19/2022 at 3:44 AM, blazemonger said:

I would really not be surprised if NQ actually thought that their post was a porper response to the issue and they ticked the "update on wipe" box off the list.

By en large the community is well aware it was just throwing more fuel to the fire but hey.. what do we know.. /s

You know you are 100% right.

On 4/18/2022 at 11:47 AM, J-Rod said:

NQ can you please give us some sort of idea when you will be releasing wipe details??

Many of us are not interested in your Easter Egg hunt or doing anything else until we know the details of the wipe.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah. We definitely need to know this. Do I need to BP my base constructs in the (probably vain) hope that we will eventually get precise BP placement? Do I need to pull off pieces of bases on to smaller core BPs for later recovery? Will we even keep BPs? If not it would be a major promise broken, but not really a surprise at this point.

Or should I just give up on this since we're not going to get that awesome game NQ has been advertising on youtube?

On 4/18/2022 at 8:09 PM, Tekhamon said:

It would be good to have a poll in the game itself in English, German and French.

You are pointing a good point.
I have been in contact in game with a lot of players that had no clue of what happening in the forum/discord.
Some have no Discord account or just want to have some hour of fun in the game.

But the interesting thing about doing a pool in game is that they will get involved in that topic.

Totally agree.
I stopped playing and stopped supplying M6 until they are clear what they will do

If they wait too long I am probably immersed in another game (I normally only play 1 game hardcore at the time).
So for me the clock is ticking....

2 hours ago, Leniver said:

You are pointing a good point.
I have been in contact in game with a lot of players that had no clue of what happening in the forum/discord.
Some have no Discord account or just want to have some hour of fun in the game.

But the interesting thing about doing a pool in game is that they will get involved in that topic.

This is not so productive, if you make a Poll IN THE GAME only the players with a active subscription can vote, and one of the primari objectives of the wipe are make alot non subscribed players back to the game.

Game need MORE players, no make happy the small number actualy active.

22 minutes ago, Sycopata said:

Game need MORE players, no make happy the small number actualy active.

Nobody will argue against DU needing more new players.

But what we are questioning is how wise it for NQ to burn bridges with veteran players and generate even more negativity, just to try and increase the chance of getting more new players to join in the short run.

And some of us worry that this will actually hurt NQ in the long run, since the game is not in a state that will be able to keep the new players for long. So what is left when NQ has angered the veterans and is unable to keep new players interested at the same time?

To me this has a lot of similarities with 0.23, where the idea behind it wasn't necessarily bad. But is was so badly executed, that it hurt the game much more then it improved it and never fully recovered afterwards.

37 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

Nobody will argue against DU needing more new players.

But what we are questioning is how wise it for NQ to burn bridges with veteran players and generate even more negativity, just to try and increase the chance of getting more new players to join in the short run.

And some of us worry that this will actually hurt NQ in the long run, since the game is not in a state that will be able to keep the new players for long. So what is left when NQ has angered the veterans and is unable to keep new players interested at the same time?

To me this has a lot of similarities with 0.23, where the idea behind it wasn't necessarily bad. But is was so badly executed, that it hurt the game much more then it improved it and never fully recovered afterwards.

In which you are right, it is not certain that the wipe will really solve the problem, and that is why the company is meditating on it, if they are thinking about this option, it is because they are running out of realistic alternatives, and I am sure that it is not Not an easy decision for them at all.