Economy and Fairness

Cabana

Economy :

The current state of DU's economy is a result of the use of (too?) many alts within the game. Players can achieve pretty fast whatever they want within a short period of time . This makes DU a game which although it seems difficult for a single person , too easy for a player who is using many alts.  It can be from acquiring talent points faster , and so producing faster , mining more , buffs and so. With that been said it is basically a pay to win game (in forms of subs) and making a player who is willing to play with only a single account to simply walk away. Since most of alts are offline unless the player has a lot of computers , if we are really up to see more players coming after market 6 and hang out is to have more of that single players in. So it will be a more populated server but it will require only the use of 1 character . This can be done by changing subs amounts again  , adjusting core counts accordingly and here is where fairness comes. ( you said it )

Fairness :

We are discussing for fairness , for new players to have a chance to start over but it is not that simple . New players will stay behind again because the vets already know what to do , watching the game , reading patch notes and taking part and test of every change . New players will require a month to just realize what they are playing . Fairness is not there simply because of the gap of knowledge. There is no fairness at all when someone is using a lot of accounts (including me) and someone who is using just one . Tiles will be retaken again  . Market will be bought from those who can afford it with the use of alts and market will be filled from those who will overproduce especially now with the planned schematic removal. 

PS

But because it is an MMO and the use of alts is ordinary , supports the server and company and everyone is happy. Like every other MMO.

So if it was to say lets play DU with referee and tournament conditions and a cup to win , there has to be some fair rules which there isnt in DU nor in ANY MMO. We are not playing football here.

We are simply enjoying DU !

Awaiting your suggestions...

Thank you

Edited by Habitant

53 minutes ago, Habitant said:

Fairness :

We are discussing for fairness , for new players to have a chance to start over but it is not that simple . New players will stay behind again because the vets already know what to do , watching the game , reading patch notes and taking part and test of every change . New players will require a month to just realize what they are playing . Fairness is not there simply because of the gap of knowledge. There is no fairness at all when someone is using a lot of accounts (including me) and someone who is using just one . Tiles will be retaken again  . Market will be bought from those who can afford it with the use of alts and market will be filled from those who will overproduce especially now with the planned schematic removal.

You are literally just describing every MMO ever created.

I am sorry to have to say this, but fairness is an artificial concept that can only exist by the mercy of others that has already walked the road ahead of you.

14 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

fairness is an artificial concept that can only exist by the mercy of others that has already walked the road ahead of you.

I dont need anyone 's mercy since i am not competing , i am enjoying ...

15 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

every MMO ever created.

1 hour ago, Habitant said:

Like every other MMO.

yeah like as as said

Then I don't get you argument, since if you like me don't care about PvP etc. and just want to do you own thing. Then there is no reason to care about "fairness" in a game like DU where there is no race again time or anything to win other then the goals you set for yourself.

And with regards to "fairness" and self imposed PvP competition, I find it strange (not really) that those that complain the loudest, usually has a tendency to stop complaining the moment they get ahead.

Glad you got the point . Thought you were trolling lol . tbh i enjoy pvp . The whole game basically. I do literally all things in game

Fairness has to do with all things economy , pvp , the whole staff. I am not yelling nor bad arguing just suggesting an single account type of game here. Which will bring more players in and will be more populated than the dead alts thing.

1 hour ago, Habitant said:

Glad you got the point . Thought you were trolling lol . tbh i enjoy pvp . The whole game basically. I do literally all things in game

Fairness has to do with all things economy , pvp , the whole staff. I am not yelling nor bad arguing just suggesting an single account type of game here. Which will bring more players in and will be more populated than the dead alts thing.

Imagine advocating for a wipe instead of joining other players to become more powerful like the game was intended. 

Care bears always ruining the game complaining about problems they create for themselves instead of trying to overcome them. 

I bet you got so many participation trophies as a kid. Your parents probably gave you a gold star for everything you did. 

You are the problem with DU

Edited by Snipey

On 4/17/2022 at 7:44 AM, Snipey said:

I bet you got so many participation trophies as a kid. Your parents probably gave you a gold star for everything you did. 

You are the problem with DU

I don't think you even took the time to understand the OP's suggestion (not about a wipe)...and either way, this sort of insult makes you sound like a whining teenager.

For someone so concerned about "care bears" complaining...you seem to complain so readily and are eager to throw around personal insults despite not knowing the OP at all.

If you're worried about people throwing a tantrum and ruining the game's fun, try looking inward. 

To achieve NQ's mentioned fairness, they should full-wipe the server every month, or maybe everyday.  Everyday there is a new player, they should give fairness to all late comer, then they should charge the game in Quarter / Campaign / or maybe daily, since the game wipe everyday due to fairness to all late comer.  The best solution is : They wipe player records every time the player logoff. lol~

On 4/17/2022 at 7:07 PM, CptLoRes said:

Then I don't get you argument, since if you like me don't care about PvP etc. and just want to do you own thing. Then there is no reason to care about "fairness" in a game like DU where there is no race again time or anything to win other then the goals you set for yourself.

And with regards to "fairness" and self imposed PvP competition, I find it strange (not really) that those that complain the loudest, usually has a tendency to stop complaining the moment they get ahead.

Absolutely right.  I play the game myself or with friends only.  I avoid going to pvp becasue pvp in this game is just a turn-based joke.  I rather enjoy my time in Star Citizen for PVP/ or fps dogfight flying like a pro, rather then some dice-roll DnD pvp game play in DU.  Constructing is more fun here.  That's why I don't really understand the point of their "fairness".  Anyway, let's wipe and see what's the magic.   I am glad to watch this drama lol