Wipe methodology suggestion

Koruzarius

If a full wipe with some assistance for previous players is the route you want to go with. I would suggest this approach:

1) Assign a quanta value to every element, schematic, and material in the game, based on recent market values, or the value of their core components if no market data is present (like for some lesser used honeycombs)

2) Assign each entity (player and org) a quanta value based on the sum of all elements owned, be it on a construct or in a container, and the cost of all of the schematics in their industry, and their wallet.

3) Either give that quanta value to each of said entities, or map that value to a smaller range in some way (possibly on a normal curve?) so that those who have invested time and effort into preparing materials for launch have something proportional to show for it.

In the end, there is no fair way to do a wipe, I'm still not really sure why you are even considering it. I presume it is to remove the whales before new players arrive, but that seems like a poor justification to me...

But whatever the cause, we have all been working to varying degrees, for up to years to acquire the resources we have in this game... Making it all go up in smoke feels very dismissive to the effort players have put into the game. And everyone has approached it differently... Ship designers vs. factory workers vs. miners vs. mission runners have built up their wealth in different ways, and I feel like this is one of the fairest approaches to compensate everyone for their effort. Anyone who has material wealth will be compensated for it, to a degree, and the designers get to keep their blueprints.

One of the problems I am really struggling with with all of the wipe discussions is that many of us are here actively playing to prepare for full launch, and right now it is completely unclear what actually moves us towards that goal.

I personally feel a little listless regarding how to proceed when I don't know what I will get to actually keep... I have ship designs in progress (that I may no longer be able to build), mission running to do for quanta (that I may not keep), mining fields that could use expansion (to get ore that I may not keep), Lua projects I want to work on (which I get to keep... But don't help me progress as much on the other end)... And to cap it all off, if there is going to be a full wipe (except BP's), there's many things I can do to prepare for that too, once I know what that looks like.

So... I guess, let me(/us) know?