Schematics storage

FrozenFace

• 6 months later...

"We" don't need schematics. NQ needs schematics, in order to make megafactories difficult to run. If NQ make using schematics easier, they defeat the object of the game system's existence. 

What "we" need is for the servers/software architecture to be able to handle large quantities of industry, then the scourge that is schematics can go away entirely.

On 11/5/2022 at 4:36 PM, Kezzle said:

"We" don't need schematics. NQ needs schematics, in order to make megafactories difficult to run. If NQ make using schematics easier, they defeat the object of the game system's existence. 

What "we" need is for the servers/software architecture to be able to handle large quantities of industry, then the scourge that is schematics can go away entirely.

The problem is that they pay too little to programmers who have too little creativity and imagination.

Wine is responsible for the way it approaches the problem, and now every part of the factory is a process we serve, so the servers don't stand up to mega factories.

Wine takes on the way it approaches the problem. Currently, the Solution is very simple.

then the core should become the process. And the factory components should become options for the Core.

It's a pity they don't pay for good advice :)

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if the existing WARDROBE could be used for such a task. It then could contain storage slots that accept only blueprints, schematics, and eventually new-to-come items like clothing and some sorts of personal items or files. Machines could then interact with WARDROBES.

I'd be happy if they'd just let schematics be consumed like all the other materials are when making things. Having to put them in the schematic bank is tedious. And a copy/paste function. These things would save me so many clicks.

Just having <Enter> do something in the schematics bank transfer dialog would be a start.

But half the design intent of schematics is to discourage industry, so making them easier to use isn't top of their development list. We "eagerly" await the Talents for schematics, to find out whether they will improve the situation from current, or, alternatively, make the current setup achieveable only with Lv5 skills in all those Schem Talents. I gather there's historical precedent for the latter option being NQ's preferred approach.

Rising difficulty by forcing questionable, far from ergonomic user interface is not a good way to make things harder achievable. It's like removing automine/dig lock to make digging harder.

So definitely +1 on any form of clickfest reduction here.