SHEDDING LIGHT ON A NOVAQUARK INTERNAL DISCUSSION - discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

I do Not understand Why a Wipe is even contemplated. ? The loss of time and effort would be impossible to calculate.

I don't have a lot of game cash, I don't care how much anyone else has. Its literally of no importance to me.

You need methods for fixing the problems you see with out wipes. You will need them going forward to deal with unforeseen issues when the game is out of beta. I only have one account, One character.

I sell resources to buy schematics, So I can build the parts I need to build ships. Witch is what I enjoy doing.

If your going to remove Schematic, then you have to tell us what you intend to replace it with. other wise the concept of removing them is nothing more then noise.

Please be far more specific with what you intend...

because what is seems to be I will loos every thing and have to start again.

If you cant fix the game with out wiping it, what's to stop you from doing this every time you run into a problem without a simple fix.

You have outlaid the options you are discussing, But there are no details of howe each option would be accomplished.

You want to take the monopoly money away, because you think some have too much?

you want to remove schematics from the game because What?? its too much strain on the server??

I’m curious how many games in development do you know of that  charge a monthly fee two play it’s basically a soft launch who decide two wipe  for a full launch  honestly I don’t care two much if they do but I think it’s wrong  and they should just say so what I care about is the game has had few updates for years besides  game changes that should have not bin changed  just aded on top of and know I don’t think the game is ready or will do we’ll launched in this state i believe in a year after it will be shut down because it’s not making enough money what I believe is the game needs a reason for me two go two other planets  and explore some life and  points of interests  I think a game like this would do good  two have npc at least animals  higher tier planets should have dangers and rewards a balance of pve and pvp content people should be able two chose two do different things the game just doesn't have enough two do I wish they would of aded ground reganaraahion and left the mining but still added. Astroids and alien core and npcs basickly everything they did add on top of what we alredy had  and some I beleve they took the easey rought I’m not playing tell after we know what will hapen with wipe like many I’m not going two grind two lose it all at this point I will Waite and watch 

2 hours ago, Zireaa said:

I’m curious how many games in development do you know of that  charge a monthly fee two play it’s basically a soft launch who decide two wipe  for a full launch  honestly I don’t care two much if they do but I think it’s wrong 

If NQ had gotten the player numbers they appear to have expected, enough to cover the proper completion of the base game feature set, and that player base would have created a game world which is needed for the game to function then sure.. 

At this point the player pop is extremely low while the game world is littered with junk and a good few of the remaining players are sitting on goods and funds in game which will allow them to practically just play in their own bubble, not in any way contributing to the game overall and that is bad for the game. the terrible way schematics were handled and the reluctance with which NQ has handled exploits have only stifled the game.

IMO the problem is not NQ doing a partial wipe or not, it is that NQ has failed to clearly communicate their intention from the get-go and has effectively just made thing worse by half-baked and vague comments which only fueled the discussion, not end it. NQ is not in control of the situation and is not doing anything to try and fix that. There never-ending culture of wanting to debate and consider things at length is really just working against them and the game.

1 hour ago, lunaprey said:

NQ is like... am I going to punch you in the face? I might... we're considering it. Please discuss.

Now that is sickly funny... especially since it rings of truth.

if they really do want to do a full wipe, why not do it and let people keep core BP's and then only the amount of TP that accumulated from the time people started to pay for subs.  it will give the game a rolling start.

I'm out either way, i need to see the game has some kind of long term development plan.  If it doesnt all of this wipe chat won't matter when the game closes in a year when everyone is over it again. 

@LeoCora

Everything was cleared a week before beta started. 

A wipe where you keep BPs for constructs you are cretaor for or which have no RDM, talent points accrued back in the pool and everything else reset would be the wipe I expect to happen at the "head start" point before official release.

I do expect more detail will arrive over the next 4-6 weeks as I believe release is at most 13 weeks away, more likely 8-10 ..

46 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

@LeoCora

Everything was cleared a week before beta started. 

A wipe where you keep BPs for constructs you are cretaor for or which have no RDM, talent points accrued back in the pool and everything else reset would be the wipe I expect to happen at the "head start" point before official release.

I do expect more detail will arrive over the next 4-6 weeks as I believe release is at most 13 weeks away, more likely 8-10 ..

yes i know, i was here in alpha and into beta.  Why do you think they will let us keep talent points... ?

3 hours ago, blazemonger said:

I'm not saying you're wrong Blaze, but they'd be..."bold" for releasing it that quick. It isn't even clear if they've feature-locked the game at this point (still considering removing schematics...?)...and clearly they haven't tested it enough to optimize and fix bugs. 

I don't know what sort of traffic they'll get for release...but if they try to push it that quickly, I'd wager that new players will be greeted with the familiar "pending operation" just like beta.

Did they even load test the new FTUE...? I wonder how robust the server will be spawning 10,000 outposts a day...I actually expected the wipe in part to test this, but they clearly don't feel the need to rush. 

Beta saw an ocean of abandoned speeders. I wonder how they'll handle the sea of supposedly permanent abandoned outposts... 🤔 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, LeoCora said:

yes i know, i was here in alpha and into beta.  Why do you think they will let us keep talent points... ?

Because talent points are directly linked to game time and thus paid for by subscribers.  On top of that, I can't see NQ differentiate backers and beta subscriptions so from tthat I expect talent points accrued during beta will return to the pool on  the wipe.

17 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Because talent points are directly linked to game time and thus paid for by subscribers.  On top of that, I can't see NQ differentiate backers and beta subscriptions so from tthat I expect talent points accrued during beta will return to the pool on  the wipe.

I agree with you, we've played with the toys, we've learned how to voxelmance. Skill points though, that's time and money and patience, I expect to AT LEAST keep that. We can rebuild and gather, even if it takes a little, that's not a problem, it's the waiting for skills to be learned that would turn me off from coming back fully. Keeping core BPs sounds like a good idea to, gives players that have been here a goal to achieve again.

1 hour ago, Atomi7 said:

NQ(unsolicited): Hey, we're thinking about deleting all your stuff.

Me: wha-

NQ: See ya next month!

Try two months if we are lucky. 🤦‍♂️

It seems many of you are more interested in keeping BP then skill points, i find that a little strange.

bp's can be recreate, the time spend on skill points cannot. That makes skill point the only item with true value.

I want a full wipe. But I want to keep most if not all of my talent points, AND every player that has played previously should be able to get one of their full ships handed out to them, so long as it is only one Core, be it XS or L. This way, at least not all our effort has gone to waste.

1 hour ago, decom70 said:

every player that has played previously should be able to get one of their full ships handed out to them, so long as it is only one Core, be it XS or L.

With full cargo/fuel containers? I can fit a crapton of containers (~1100 EXL containers) into an L core... And a LOT of stuff is going to fit into that. Imagine If I can start the game with 800 million liters of stuff... Even if it's just T1 ore, that's 20B quanta I can sell instantly to a NPC market buy order... Now... If I do that for 4 characters...

1 hour ago, Sustained said:

I would vote for full wipe, 0 skills, 0 compensation 

new world, new players

I suspect that this would kill the game, not only with an exodus of paying subscribers with multiple accounts that have been paying since the start of beta. Also the amount of negative press that would generate would be a killing blow to NQ. Or is that your objective?

7 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

He's just trying to troll..

And notice how the full wipe side almost never have any logical argument to support their view. It's just full wipe because.. ..

You are the troll, i did say why, sorry it is so simple:   new world, new players    

this is my view, and my vote, It's OK if you don't agree, but no reason to lash out and attack me for my perspective, or the fact you cannot handle other viewpoints.  

10 hours ago, Cergorach said:

I suspect that this would kill the game, not only with an exodus of paying subscribers with multiple accounts that have been paying since the start of beta. Also the amount of negative press that would generate would be a killing blow to NQ. Or is that your objective?

I don't think it will kill the game, but rather will make it have a rebirth. It's OK if you disagree. 

Edited by Sustained

17 hours ago, blazemonger said:

The fact that deleting talent points is on the table for most of the options they are discussing internally tells me they don't see the entitlement to talent points that are 'paid for' in the same way as you.. I think they are much more likely to delete talent points and give existing players a small bump ... The reason I think that is because they are looking to give the large number of new players that they are expecting as level a playing field as possible. Leaving existing players with all of their TPs doesn't achieve that.