SHEDDING LIGHT ON A NOVAQUARK INTERNAL DISCUSSION - discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

1 hour ago, BlindingBright said:

NQ has slapped a few peoples wrists today... Just gotta make funnier memes? So far I've had zero warnings for the memes I've made, and I've made some spicy ones.  Maybe the powers that be at NQ still leiks me, idk. Will say that before this mess I was more "constructive" in my posting on the forums, now it's mostly satire to stoke the flames of constructive discussion. Though the line between satire & trolling is pretty thin....

From the sounds of it several people have been reprimanded in the last few hours on the forums. The sad thing, instead of working to communicate and work with their community to resolve the issue(they created through multiple wipe mentions without an answer, and continue to pick at the scab!) they let it fester like a wound... day after day. and now their stop-gap is to start reprimanding people that are upset for what I see as largely legitimate reasons... for many MMO's are hobbies, and playing for many is a hobby due to the time investment. 

This is the first time playing a game where I've been this upset with the developers... have wanted to tell them how it is and well... doom/gloom. Have written a couple things out and was like 'Nah, this is just over the line' and figured "if I didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"... which is sad, I love DU, the community at large, and there are several key developers I think are legitimately trying to make it work under not the most ideal conditions on a tech/platform that does something no other game really does with pieces that no other platform uses.

Feels bad man.

I can think of one time way back when SWG was gutted and the majority of players left. It never recovered. 

hm one always existing universe 

that was the promise

beta wipe ... meeew ok ... last one i promise u  .. 

release wipe .... ohhh again ? 

what in 12 month ? next wipe after hours of farming building creating ? 

do we have seasons now ? 

sarcasm off 

plz remind your old player who took the way with u .

i LOVE U NQ 

such nice game ... but keep your promise 

only my 2 cents 

#AnotherIdea

In my idea, the Aliot system will remain without wipe and continue its adventure.
We could consider (For the lore) that a new ArkShip ship lands on a new system, a system that would initially have no chance of being linked to the Aliot system.
Over time NQ will be able to put in place a mechanism that will aim to build a portal between these two systems, when the new system will be more mature.
Besides, the construction of this portal could be done by players' contributions to this project.
This will allow the new system to live these beginnings quietly and then to be linked to Aliot.
Of course, this mechanism could be set up ad infinitum, which could give new players a great opportunity, without hurting the old ones.

3 minutes ago, BuzzCobra said:

#AnotherIdea

In my idea, the Aliot system will remain without wipe and continue its adventure.
We could consider (For the lore) that a new ArkShip ship lands on a new system, a system that would initially have no chance of being linked to the Aliot system.
Over time NQ will be able to put in place a mechanism that will aim to build a portal between these two systems, when the new system will be more mature.
Besides, the construction of this portal could be done by players' contributions to this project.
This will allow the new system to live these beginnings quietly and then to be linked to Aliot.
Of course, this mechanism could be set up ad infinitum, which could give new players a great opportunity, without hurting the old ones.

This mean double work, maintain the old obsolete world, and work in the new one, just for some people keep his "hard work"

6 minutes ago, Sycopata said:

This mean double work, maintain the old obsolete world, and work in the new one, just for some people keep his "hard work"

If the wipe is mandatory for technical reasons then yes, but if it's just to satisfy new players it's a pretty cool way to satisfy everyone
I think, because it makes the game evolve according to these players.
Because as I said, I have nothing against the wipe, but it was not seen like that at the start.
Also I'm sure it won't be the last wipe, there will be plenty more to come.

11 hours ago, PleiJades said:

But your reasoning why people play open PvP games like EVE and participate in PvP is extremely weird.

Perhaps it was misinterpreted or misunderstood by the translation. It was not about Eve for me. Let the players do whatever they want in eve. If you want or need to defend your territory, fine. I can understand everything. It's purely about the fact that you should not force PvE players into the PvP action. Let the PvP players have fun as they want, does not bother anyone....but please, then let the PvE players also their fun in the safe zone.

7 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

Perhaps it was misinterpreted or misunderstood by the translation. It was not about Eve for me. Let the players do whatever they want in eve. If you want or need to defend your territory, fine. I can understand everything. It's purely about the fact that you should not force PvE players into the PvP action. Let the PvP players have fun as they want, does not bother anyone....but please, then let the PvE players also their fun in the safe zone.

Sorry but non exist PVE in dual universe.

We have this loop:

gathering>industry>build>PvP 

some people avoid the last steep of the loop, but is the only loop we have.

2 minutes ago, Sycopata said:

We have this loop:

That is your own matter of opinion. If you visit the DualUniverse website, they allow players to play exactly what the player wants, even completely PvP-free. So don't turn your own opinion into a general one!

2 minutes ago, Sycopata said:

We have this loop:

I can easily see another loop:

gathering>mining>industry>Arms,Ammo,Fuel,Warp cells > Supply to pvp:ers

8 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

That is your own matter of opinion. If you visit the DualUniverse website, they allow players to play exactly what the player wants, even completely PvP-free. So don't turn your own opinion into a general one!

No one force you finish the loop, but game have no PVE sorry

You can just: gather

You can just : gather>industry

You can just : gather>build

You can just : industry>build>PvP

We have so much options... 

You can skyp any part of the loop, but you are in this loop.

Edited by Sycopata

8 minutes ago, Sycopata said:

No one force you finish the loop, but game have no PVE sorry

I find PvE is well represented in dualUniverse. I often lose to constructs because I fly too fast and then crash. "Player versus Environment

Edited by Zarcata

6 minutes ago, kulkija said:

I can easily see another loop:

gathering>mining>industry>Arms,Ammo,Fuel,Warp cells > Supply to pvp:ers

I was a warp cell manufacturer,  even after the schematics are launched.  but I found it's a losing $ biz now.  7ķ per cell 😅 selling ores are more profitable 

5 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

I find PvE is well represented in dualUniverse. I often lose to constructs because I fly too fast and then crash. "Player versus Environment

This is not PVE is player vs his own skills the environment is not hostile, is innerte, a racing game have no PVE if there are not IA cars on the race, you can't say drive alone your car is PVE

Edited by Sycopata

I'm fine with wiping everything except talent points.  Quanta, schematics, and even blueprints would be fine with me, personally. If everything including talent points are wiped with no means of compensation, that's borderline fraud for people who paid for subs this whole time, and I won't support a company who treats its customers that way. Just my two cents.

2 hours ago, MarcusBrutus said:

I'm fine with wiping everything except talent points.  Quanta, schematics, and even blueprints would be fine with me, personally. If everything including talent points are wiped with no means of compensation, that's borderline fraud for people who paid for subs this whole time, and I won't support a company who treats its customers that way. Just my two cents.

You can simply call it : The Great Robbery 

I've always said the way to go is have 2 servers. You want to keep all your money and skill points? Stay on the legacy server. Keep talking to the same people and have a stagnated economy.

Open up a brand new server for new players and make all these changes there. A place new players are all equal. You can roll a new account on there when you get bored on the legacy server. Its not fair to have 50M+ skill points and a $2B+ asset advantage over a new player.

They might as well go play Eve at that point...

JMHO

Edited by LoveToDie

20 minutes ago, LoveToDie said:

I've always said the way to go is have 2 servers. You want to keep all your money and skill points? Stay on the legacy server. Keep talking to the same people and have a stagnated economy.

Open up a brand new server for new players and make all these changes there. A place new players are all equal. You can roll a new account on there when you get bored on the legacy server. Its not fair to have 50M+ skill points and a $2B+ asset advantage over a new player.

In my opinion the two server strategy is more of a temporary fix. Even if NQ can justify the added costs of running a legacy server, most new players would be drawn to the main/popular one. With the population disparity, at some point those added costs and the maintenance overhead would prompt the need for a server merge and we would be in the exact same situation.

36 minutes ago, LoveToDie said:

JMHO

This fairness argument is so delusional and absurd. Let's say the server starts on 08/01/22, then every player joining this game one, two or 6 month later is entitled to call this an unfair game. 
I would have absolutely nothing against a wipe if NQ hadn't made people pay money for the beta. For me and many others, the start of the beta was the release of the game.

1 minute ago, not_restricted said:

It's not about fairness really, it's about the perception of fairness. 

Many people joined beta specifically to get a head start. That motivation is the same for many new players joining an MMO on release -- they want to join right as the game releases to get a "head start". That's been part of MMO psychology for a long time. 

That's why people are mad about the wipe, too, though -- people paid to get in early for a reason. NQ only now realizes that selling the "head start" is actually a big deal for MMOs, so they want to capitalize on it as much as possible for launch, even if it means sacrificing all the beta players (who they don't really like anyway, to be honest) 

More coins in the "NQ doesn't plan things" bucket. 

Is a niche game, they no renounce to beta players, people still in the game is in love of it, and after a few rand, they gona play in the wipe, and ALOT. Yes you can see alot people asking here they gona leave the game, but are not true in 99% of cases.

52 minutes ago, LoveToDie said:

JMHO

I think it does not reason in server but rather in solar system, obviously NQ will add another many solare systems in the long term, so these additions could give the opportunity to set up a temporary start-up phase for the new users and make after of future portal between these. I think it will be an interesting balance and also a more important motivation for new players.

10 minutes ago, Sycopata said:

Is a niche game, they no renounce to beta players, people still in the game is in love of it, and after a few rand, they gona play in the wipe, and ALOT. Yes you can see alot people asking here they gona leave the game, but are not true in 99% of cases.

Players have already left, and they won't come back because they've found happiness elsewhere. I would not come back either, depending on the decision whether and how a wipe would be carried out and why.
Of course, it's a niche game, but that's why it's very important to care about every player, otherwise such a game will get into trouble. Would not be the first game that closes the gates.

19 minutes ago, Sycopata said:

Well, i already canceled my subscriptions, and when a wipe happens i never return. It's a matter of trust. A company that does'nt keep their promises is not trustworthy - i'll spend my money elsewhere.

And by the way - a dissatisfied customer spreads the word far more than one who is satisfied - this whole thing will damage the reputation of NQ far more than they may think.