DEVBLOG: A MARKET IN SPACE - discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

On 4/13/2022 at 7:55 AM, Zeddrick said:

IMO player-run markets don't really work in a 100% safe zone because markets are part of the PvP game and if somebody's market is undercutting me, giving preferential treatment to my competitors or whatever I should be able to get some friends and try to blow it up.  Given that we're only just getting started with static constructs in PvP space I think this NPC-run space market is a great addition.  In the last PTS iteration I visited it and it looks really good, although having an 'open air' space market is an interesting choice.

On last PTS release there was no short-parking limit when parking a construct next to the space market though.  Is that going to be added, or is the market going to end up completely surrounded by constructs which spawn in suddenly as you get close to them, making it harder and harder to approach over time?

That's going to be the case for exotic things. Somebody undercutting your exotic weapons sales. You go blow there plasma collectors.

On 4/13/2022 at 7:53 PM, blazemonger said:

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call filler content.. Serves no purposes really and is mostly irrelevant to the game as a whole but is an "easy win"as far as "look, we are adding more stuff". NQ needs to bring the player markets they have promised, allow players to run their own marketplace and sell multiple goods through a single element.

So far, Athena is pretty much a number of "new things" no one really needs and only add fluff. 

When the new skybox is what appears to be the best part of the patch.. it kind of says it all.

And the thing is that NQ has been operating in this "easy" mode for a long as I can remember now.

So.. when are they actually going to start producing content, and what have they actually spent all those years with countless man-hours doing?

On 4/13/2022 at 10:21 PM, Knight-Sevy said:

Again a very disappointing addition.

These markets should be managed by players in PvP spatial areas with territory warfare.

Can anyone explain in details, how the player should manage the market? Is it only take tax to player, is that all? I wish someone could explain all the details

1 hour ago, kulkija said:

part of this description is implemented in the Dispensers, exactly how it is explained (with a link to a container).

Part of this is market unit that is used by Aphelia, this one does not have a link or a container, it is just connected to a global market system.

So, your answer to "how player is to manage the market" is the way how dispenser work?

There is organization, who has 90% of all elements in their big ship - SVEA. They manage it as you want. However, they also wish some more improvements to Dispensers, as they are not very comfy.

I do not think this all explains how player should manage market... sorry... I really wish you could share your own vision on it

1 hour ago, m0rrty said:

part of this description is implemented in the Dispensers, exactly how it is explained (with a link to a container).

Part of this is market unit that is used by Aphelia, this one does not have a link or a container, it is just connected to a global market system.

So, your answer to "how player is to manage the market" is the way how dispenser work?

There is organization, who has 90% of all elements in their big ship - SVEA. They manage it as you want. However, they also wish some more improvements to Dispensers, as they are not very comfy.

I do not think this all explains how player should manage market... sorry... I really wish you could share your own vision on it

Not my vision.

If you read the full article it is all there.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949863330/dual-universe-civilization-building-sci-fi-mmorpg/posts/1692359

11 hours ago, kulkija said:

I know exactly what I want,

1. to make global market infrastructure to pick and show the prices in dispensers on user's land.

2. make market be able to sell custom things, - ships, for example.

if player cannot explain what player wants, how player can demand it?

I have read the article, it tells about Informer and Market units, which are the same thing as of now on existing markets, about taxes controlled by players, and about a trade zone, auction.

But you do not ask for the "trade zone, auction", so, it is only taxes, that you want to control and collect.

Edited by m0rrty
correction

If NQ does create player markets at some point then I would like to see the following:

-Market units as end-game items similar to warp beacons

-Market units shouldn’t require storage containers to be attached. This will be a nightmare.

-Market units should require upkeep which discourages players from spamming them and introduces a need for a market owner to think carefully about how to start and maintain a market.

-A map menu item that lists active markets in descending order by market volume.

As for the Aegis market, I think it’s a good addition to the game in the meantime until NQ can implement player markets.