Recycler - to Recycle

Hirnsausen

At the moment, the recycler does not have the ability to recycle. My idea is this:

You put elements into the input container of the recycler, and it disassembles that element one level down, the output container then contains the parts that element was made of.
If you put parts into the input container, the recycler gives you the parts or refined ore they were made of.
However, the recycler would not recycle refined ore into raw ore.

For this all, no schematics are needed, as the elements or parts had already required schematics to be created once.

There could be a reduction in output, like 90% of the ingredients. But maybe not practical, in case only one element is being recycled into its ingredients and has only the amount of one of a part in it.

2 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

At the moment, the recycler does not have the ability to recycle. My idea is this:

You put elements into the input container of the recycler, and it disassembles that element one level down, the output container then contains the parts that element was made of.
If you put parts into the input container, the recycler gives you the parts or refined ore they were made of.
However, the recycler would not recycle refined ore into raw ore.

For this all, no schematics are needed, as the elements or parts had already required schematics to be created once.

There could be a reduction in output, like 90% of the ingredients. But maybe not practical, in case only one element is being recycled into its ingredients and has only the amount of one of a part in it.

As logical as this sounds, I'd argue that the game would be better off re-naming the recycler in to something else so that people stop asking for it to be able to recycle things. The current universe is already fairly saturated with stuff, and needs more material-sinks. Allowing elements/voxel/cores to be recycled would have the same effect as adding a new source for those materials we'd be gaining.

And because I know what you think of pirates @Hirnsausen, I should point out that allowing anything to be recycled would allow pirates to have an even greater reward from anything they kill, as they'd be able to recycle the elements or voxel they wouldn't otherwise normally have a use for. And before you pose a "pirates aren't allowed to use it" suggestion, if NQ did that then the player-base would see it as blatant favoritism, and that would annoy both pvp players and objective 3rd parties more than just silently ignoring this thread's suggestions would.

I'm not a PVPer, but actual recycling towards their base components would be great. So what if PVPers get an advantage? I would suggest that there's a loss during the recycling, one that can be compensated a little with a whole bunch of skills. Imho it would make the job of salvager actually a possibility...

41 minutes ago, Cergorach said:

I'm not a PVPer, but actual recycling towards their base components would be great. So what if PVPers get an advantage? I would suggest that there's a loss during the recycling, one that can be compensated a little with a whole bunch of skills. Imho it would make the job of salvager actually a possibility...

The pvp bit was specifically because I was talking to Hirnsausen, he hates pirates and would make piracy a bannable offense in DU if he could. Recycling would not significantly advantage pirates and pvp players over everyone else, so I'm not actually worried about that.

Unfortunately the market is already relatively flooded with resources because of automining, adding something like recycling as an additional source of materials would only make it worse.

Autominers are making a lot of ore, but then again a lot of them will be using beta accounts for calibration, which will drop when release comes. I am calibrating with two paid toons and four betas, I will drop to only the two when the betas dry up.

probably easiest for the recyclers to melt all the material down to pures, naturally with a loss. Yes a talent which reduces loss would be good, but it still has to be a loss process no matter how good you get.