An Addition - The Mining Manager

Hirnsausen

At the moment, it is really frustrating having to go to each MU and calibrating them each few days. Many people are working in real life, or have a private life that prevents them from spending time each day inside DU. If a beloved game becomes just an enforced duty, the fun goes. That is dangerous. For this, I am offering an elegant and doable solution. If you like the idea, please support it with a brief "Yes" or "Signed" as posted answer.

Mining Manager (MM)

When opening the MU interface, there would be then two radio selectors: "Mining Manager Training" and "Mining Manager Control". When "Training" checked, the Mining Manager is in training mode and records the calibration percentage of your calibration. At least, three times the player needs to calibrate the MU, to have the Mining Manager calculating an average percentage. Before those minimum three calibrations, the mining manager cannot be set to "Control". However, once the MM controls already, it is still possible to add training at any time.

When in "Control", the player does not have to spend time again to calibrate the MU, this is now taken over by the MM. The MM uses the talents of the player. When the MM is calibrating, it centers around the average percentage the player achieved during all training sessions. However, casual spikes can go to the maximum or minimum of trained calibrations. Calibrations are then made automatically, as soon as the talents of the player allow (as the MM uses the talent values of the player). The Mining Manager is using the calibration charges of the player.

The question now is, if the MM is an element, should there be one element that handles all MUs on all different tiles and constructs? Or should it be able to manage al of them.
In case the Mining Manager is a part of each MU, the above question would still apply in any case, the player may have to set an "order of importance" to each MU - especially in cases where the amount of MUs is near or at the maximum the talents of the player can handle.

This could be an added element that handles all MUs of a construct, or it could be made a part of any MU without being an own element. A mining manager does not give any ore advantages to the player, it however takes away the stress and burden having to calibrate by hand each day - meant to ease the duties for those players that cannot be each day inside DU, but also for all others.    🙂

PLEASE SUPPORT

Edited by Hirnsausen

We'd need some method of ensuring those manager-units continued to consume calibration-points to avoid massive land-grabs and flooding of the market with even more resources. It would probably be better to just suggest that the skills for calibration-points instead set how many mining units a player can have while asking to remove calibration entirely.

No, the calibration is not removed, the Mining Manager is doing that. My aim is, to ease the pressure of those players who have a real life, not to be forced to go each day ingame just to do calibration by themselves. Many players are having families or at least a partner, many still have some sort of employment.

The MM would use the talent values of the player, and also use value from the player's previous calibrations to randomly create new calibration values. It is not possible for the player, to place more effective MUs, as his skills and calibration charges are being used up by the mining manager.

This is just, to remove the duty of forcing persons to go ingame each day. Duties, pressure can destroy the fun on a game and make them leaving such a game for good.

Edited by Hirnsausen

It would be nice if your talent was what based how many machines you could run and their output, but then again this is a MMO, they do need a level of grind otherwise people run out of actual things to do quickly. All MMO’s have grind, it’s just balancing the rewards so people are willing to or choose to do their dailies. 

I believe that calibration should just be removed, and instead mining units production levels should be reduced to compensate or limit the amount of mining units per account to 25 with max skills.  Current production levels of mining units are making asteroid mining completely pointless.  I came back after a couple weeks and i had like half a million tier 1 ore, more than I'll ever use at my current playing hours.

Edited by SweatyGopher

10 hours ago, SweatyGopher said:

I believe that calibration should just be removed, and instead mining units production levels should be reduced to compensate or limit the amount of mining units per account to 25 with max skills.  Current production levels of mining units are making asteroid mining completely pointless.  I came back after a couple weeks and i had like half a million tier 1 ore, more than I'll ever use at my current playing hours.

Safe-zone asteroid mining was never supposed to compete with MU, it was supposed to supplement it for those players that actually manage to use that much ore and provide safe practice for people to get the hang of what they are doing before they go after pvp-space-rocks. 

CoyoteNZ has a point though, it is part of the "grind" to help slow things down a bit... not that it works terribly well (I have mine set to cycle all at the same time, and just surrogate in every few days, start the calibration, and just exit because base-gain is good enough and I find harvesting surface rocks to be less fun than not playing)...

If you have a real life that keeps getting in the way don't mu alone.  Do it with a group of people.  We have ours setup where each mu is given a number. And each group is labeled in vr.  I group 1-10 is the first 10 mu, group 11-16 is the second group. Group 17-32 is the third group. 

So when I realize I almost have 50 calibrates sitting around. I look at the list and see Bob did the last calibration on mu 12. So I vr on over to mu13 and start. 

Now I might wait a day before I go and do it, depends how long ago some calibrated 13. Generally we try and get them done every 4 days.

However the biggest advantage to this system is  if you need some rl time, you can as the other guys pick up the slack.

I am sure we could manage more mu's, but having no pressure to perform is really nice.

7 hours ago, RugesV said:

If you have a real life that keeps getting in the way don't mu alone.  Do it with a group of people. 

Hmm, that could work for persons who play in groups. But what about all these single players? And there are many of them. Also, not each org has many members, there are many orgs with only 2 to 5 members, each having 35 MUs. So, if one person is off, not all calibrations can be done.

When looking at the situation, we should not look at it with the eyes of the strongest (big orgs), but with the eyes of the weakest. My suggestion takes no possibilities away, and also does not add more possibilities, it only allows those who are interested or are in need to involve automation. These Mining Managers are optional, not a Must for everyone.