Nanocrafter change

Gideon77

PROBLEM:

You can't play the game without buying your stuff from the market. I am trying to play where I build everything, instead of buying everything, and it is proving to be impossible. Building a Metalwork M currently requires a Basic Mobile Panel M and Basic Reinforced Frame M, both of which require a Metalwork M in order to be built. Because of this you can't build the Metalwork M without first buying a Metalwork M.

SOLUTION:

Please enable the nanocrafter to build the parts that are needed to build a Metalwork M. Specifically Basic Mobile Panel M and Basic Reinforced Frame M.

I don't see this causing any problems for any existing factory lines, nor do I see this causing any potential for circumventing anything. But it will allow people to play the game in a way that they can build everything themselves if they want to, and they only have to buy the schematics.

Dear Gideon77,

If you do not understand how the game works, or part thereof, ask people how it works. Here, in Discord or the help channel, instead of suggesting changes upon changes, based on half baked info/conclusions. Don't worry, we've all had "wtf!" moments in DU,  we've all had to do our own research and ask questions. Especially after patches.

On 4/8/2022 at 10:36 AM, CptLoRes said:

You must remember that DU is the game where you are free to play however you want and make your own game, as long as it is exactly they way NQ wants you to play..

The true story right there.

On 4/8/2022 at 11:28 AM, Gideon77 said:

PROBLEM:

You can't play the game without buying your stuff from the market. I am trying to play where I build everything, instead of buying everything, and it is proving to be impossible. Building a Metalwork M currently requires a Basic Mobile Panel M and Basic Reinforced Frame M, both of which require a Metalwork M in order to be built. Because of this you can't build the Metalwork M without first buying a Metalwork M.

SOLUTION:

Please enable the nanocrafter to build the parts that are needed to build a Metalwork M. Specifically Basic Mobile Panel M and Basic Reinforced Frame M.

I don't see this causing any problems for any existing factory lines, nor do I see this causing any potential for circumventing anything. But it will allow people to play the game in a way that they can build everything themselves if they want to, and they only have to buy the schematics.

I'm pretty sure you can make all the parts for a metalworks in the nanocrafter. I don't know why you would bother when you can just buy the metalworks on the market and get on with setting up your factory.

22 hours ago, Daphne Jones said:

I don't know why you would bother when you can just buy the metalworks on the market and get on with setting up your factory.

Because some people find manufacturing stuff yourself fun and satisfying...

But I understand what you did there Daphne "Trolllord" Jones. 😉

2 hours ago, Cergorach said:

Because some people find manufacturing stuff yourself fun and satisfying...

But I understand what you did there Daphne "Trolllord" Jones. 😉

Well Trolllord Cergorach, even people who like to make their own factories mostly buy the industry machines. At least the ones I know do that, unless their main business is making industry machines for sale - and even then, I bet they buy the machines for their factory before they start making new machines for sale.

55 minutes ago, Daphne Jones said:

Well Trolllord Cergorach, even people who like to make their own factories mostly buy the industry machines. At least the ones I know do that, unless their main business is making industry machines for sale - and even then, I bet they buy the machines for their factory before they start making new machines for sale.

So if it happens in your bubble, it happens everywhere... The people I know speak either Dutch or English, the rest of the world must speak either Dutch or English...

Think about this:

If I need 40-50  Metalwork M machines, I can just start a production line and I'll have them tomorrow, at ore prices and perfect production. No need to travel to location X and back again. Especially useful when you're not next to Alioth Market 6 with you're factory. I'm currently placing my factories either on top of AM6 or on Sanctuary, this isn't an issue anymore. But previously I was building all over the system and hopping back and forth between Alioth and the outer planets got expensive with warpcells and time consuming. Especially when most of the ore was already at that outer planet.

22 hours ago, Cergorach said:

So if it happens in your bubble, it happens everywhere... The people I know speak either Dutch or English, the rest of the world must speak either Dutch or English...

Think about this:

If I need 40-50  Metalwork M machines, I can just start a production line and I'll have them tomorrow, at ore prices and perfect production. No need to travel to location X and back again. Especially useful when you're not next to Alioth Market 6 with you're factory. I'm currently placing my factories either on top of AM6 or on Sanctuary, this isn't an issue anymore. But previously I was building all over the system and hopping back and forth between Alioth and the outer planets got expensive with warpcells and time consuming. Especially when most of the ore was already at that outer planet.

That's enough of your abuse. Bye.