Mega Node Asteroids

Endstar

It would be super fun if we could get mega nodes on asteroids. Make them rare but possible. The game loop of exploring for a mega was a super fun loop. Players really want the possibility to hit a huge score it keeps them engaged longer. Mega nodes where that in DU and some fun went with them. Mining a mega node over the week the asteroids is in game would bring this lost fun back. 

Yes! I gave up on asteroid mining because its all just little pockets here and there.

It would also be fun if there were ship drills, so we could have real mining ships. We used to grind down entire asteroids in Space Engineers with drill-behemoths.
Also the asteroids in Space Engineers were much more lucrative, sometimes 80% of the whole asteroid would be useful ore. In DU asteroids seem 80% rock.

My first and last meganode of Chromite (2.3ml) is the foundation of my current well-being in DU. There is no "big score" anymore, and its sad.

I loved the old mining  in ground  I have tried astroyed mining 2 times it was not even worth my time or fuel cost I like the idea of a mega  node in astroyeds  or a astroyed belt 

I can’t even find mining  worth my time anymore 

i might as well just sit on sanctuary moon and auto mine and sell it and buy what I need 

it has prity much ruined my fun in this game 

I am not happy with the detection DU has taken but I don’t think the builders or pvp people are happy  so I just sit hear and watch two see what happens at launch 

1 hour ago, space_man said:

A few million liters of gold, once in while, could be great for everyone!

No, just no.

I like the fact that it's not back to gambling 101. I enjoyed the meganodes in the past, the ones I found by accident, but certain folks just hunting meganodes meant that others just didn't get to enjoy that. It also drove people into the ground due to the fear of missing out. Then claiming tons of different tiles, they never mined out and eventually went to waste due to people leaving and the mining reset. With Asteroids that would go differently, but you would still have people swarming every weekend, it would be different if they spawned more often and more randomly...

1 minute ago, Cergorach said:

No, just no.

I like the fact that it's not back to gambling 101. I enjoyed the meganodes in the past, the ones I found by accident, but certain folks just hunting meganodes meant that others just didn't get to enjoy that. It also drove people into the ground due to the fear of missing out. Then claiming tons of different tiles, they never mined out and eventually went to waste due to people leaving and the mining reset. With Asteroids that would go differently, but you would still have people swarming every weekend, it would be different if they spawned more often and more randomly...

the easiest way to do this is to have mega asteroids that show up with this modifier.  Basically the asteroid only has a few mega pockets of ore and everyone has fair shot since it’s tagged as such.

17 hours ago, Cergorach said:

No, just no.

Yes, just yes. Make dual universe fun again.