Skittles Hoover

Owl_Superb

Or a trademark-friendly version: Rock sucker.

What if we could attach a rock sucking element to a hovercraft to sweep up your tiles of all the skittles and calibration clusters?
We wouldn't have to run around a rather large tile, we'd finally have an actual use for a "Hovercraft" class of vehicles, and we could keep our tiles neat without cramping our index fingers.

As it is, I'm not picking up the calibration rocks from my territories because it's ultra-tedious. Having mining ships in Space Engineers was nice, I'm still blown away by the lack of big boy mining tools for ships in DU. At-least siting in a hovercraft waiting for it to suck up surface rocks would be preferable to running from rock to rock clicking and holding M1.

Wouldn't you agree?

Yes that sounds great, but all NQ is going to do is add a easier way to click and hold with the harvesting tool, which is the lamest thing since they added space wrecks.

Other players and myself would accept harvesting bonuses if they just gave us the bonus rocks via the mining unit spitting them straight into the container whenever the calibration was done.

Harvesting is lame and uncreative, yet they still chose to implement it as a core resource, when in reality it should only be used in a survival or new player environment.