Speeder going bronco

RojaxusTal

Hello.  I've searched and can't find anything new on this topic.

I am a new player, got to the moon and constructed my speeder.

It is like a bucking bronco, won't hold still unless I hold C completely, and as soon as I let go, it levitates and goes wild again.

What am I missing?

things do tend to drift, you can add adjustors or compensate and then enable the emergency thingy that will try and hold you inplace.

is your core in the right direction, you can fix that with a gyro scope if not, although i would rebuild

Hold the break control  not c -c is land  if it tilts in any direction like a hill it will drift that way 

hold the break rev up throttle as you start two move relese the break that’s how I do it anyway 

When you first enter the pilot seat the ship automatically creates a LUA script that controls how the ship handles.  If you right click the command seat and choose the option to "Run Default Autoconfigure" that will reset the script.  If you made any modifications to the speeder it may have caused an issue with the script that is making it fly weird.

When you run the autoconfigure you can choose between "ground construct" or "flying construct".  The speeders are originally set to ground construct, so if you want the controls to remain the same you'll want to choose that option.

But you also might want to consider adding two small wings and setting it to flying construct.  Then it can fly, which is a lot more useful than the basic hovercraft.  Although the controls are different.

You can also right click the command seat and change the controls to direct mouse input, which i find a lot easier than the default keyboard only steering.

On 3/29/2022 at 3:05 AM, RojaxusTal said:

It is like a bucking bronco, won't hold still unless I hold C completely, and as soon as I let go, it levitates and goes wild again.

I think it is that hover is jumping (sometimes wildly) after entering seat.

It happens when ship is light. Looks like hover engines create their thrust too fast. Then there is probably no buffer or absorption when going down to light hover engines again. This makes it jump constantly. When flying it is not so easy to notice.

8 hours ago, kulkija said:

I think it is that hover is jumping (sometimes wildly) after entering seat.

It happens when ship is light. Looks like hover engines create their thrust too fast. Then there is probably no buffer or absorption when going down to light hover engines again. This makes it jump constantly. When flying it is not so easy to notice.

Exactly, this behavior to some (Gottchars pony) is a feature!