NERF MISSIONS!!!!

ELX987

On 3/23/2022 at 10:09 PM, ELX987 said:

the following needs to happen for missions as its BS that people can make enough money for 1 warp beacon schematic in one 5 hour run of missions with an ubsurd amount of alts.

here's how this should be done:

-LIMIT APHIELIA PACKAGES PER SHIP FLAT OUT.

-REDUCE ALL MISSION REWARDS BY 20-30%.

-SET A WEEKLY LIMIT PER CHARACTER FOR HOW MANY MISSIONS THEY CAN DO THAT EQUATE TO OVER A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF QUANTA.

100m+ an hour in this games economy is absurd, please NQ, do us all a favor and fix this.

How are you making 100M per hour?

I regularly fly a mass mission flight some weeks. Yeah, the ship is making about 100M per hour if you don't include the time to load and unload the ship (which I don't handle), but that's spread over many characters.  (I make about 4M per hour for piloting.)

Also, the ship is potentially exposed to pirates and I'm sure losing it would be expensive for my employers. We also burn a huge amount of fuel. I really don't think there needs to be much of a nerf.

On 3/24/2022 at 3:09 AM, ELX987 said:

-LIMIT APHIELIA PACKAGES PER SHIP FLAT OUT.

-REDUCE ALL MISSION REWARDS BY 20-30%.

-SET A WEEKLY LIMIT PER CHARACTER FOR HOW MANY MISSIONS THEY CAN DO THAT EQUATE TO OVER A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF QUANTA.

How would limiting Aphelia packages work with docked ships? Couldn't they dock or something?

Reducing the mission rewards just makes quanta more valuable.

Limiting how many quanta each character can earn per week from missioning sounds like a good idea, until you realize that this just means that people will buy more characters. At least those that can, many can't, and the RL rich get richer ingame...

Then if you have money, if you can only have x amount of packages per ship, per character and you already have multiple characters, but you can run only one DU client per PC... Just buy another PC... So many characters on multiple PCs...

The problem you're trying to solve, you can't, at least not with these simplistic solutions. You can make it more difficult, but you can't fix it at all.

Oh, I already hear, limit it to one account per player! How are you going to enforce that? How about only one active client per IP? Ever heard of VPNs? Block VPNs? What about the people who can route traffic through private servers in datacenters/Azure/AWS/GCP/etc?

For every block you try to throw up, there's a counter for the people motivated to counter, but it just makes life more difficult for the rest of us and NQ is spending an inordinate amount of time on insignificant issues...

9 hours ago, Nosomu said:

Check the PTS release notes. Missions have been nerfed

Maybe...

You still get a bunch of Special missions per day, it looks like you'll get a couple of missions worth a couple of million.

I'm currently doing one traderoute 3-4 times a day, with 4 characters, ~4 days a week (the weekend is less save through pvp space).

With the new system I can probably only do one special mission at a time, at different locations. I would still be able to do 4 of them (less space/weight, still at full speed) per day, but I can choose the 4 best special missions from a pool of four characters. Add to that a couple of less paying, lightweight constant flights, with 4 missions a day, I can get around 25M/day or 100M/week. That's about 1/4th of what I get from the current setup.

But that change isn't done in a vacuum. They also want to abolish the Schematics model, that is my biggest quanta sink at the moment, after that it's buying BPs from players (of whole ships if I'm feeling lazy). I currently do buy certain components from the market due to not (yet) being able to build them myself, that would change and I would have very little reason to buy stuff from the market (I manufacture often as much as I can myself).

Then we have basic materials, but with the probable wipe, everyone needs to start afresh, most people will need their ore themselves, so very little winds up on the market. And what does wind up there will be relatively expensive, way more expensive then it is now. Due to that, auto mining, picking up stuff, asteroid mining does become interesting again. For me, I can generate enough charges on four max chars to run 200 autominers, so I'm good on ore... Might have to buy some of the more rare stuff, but I don't expect much. What I do need quanta for is taxes, at current rates I need maybe 10% of that 100M/week, that leaves me with 90M/week to spend on other stuff, without Schematics that is a huge amount of quanta!

If you have more chars, you could decide to run more then one PC doing missions, the more chars you have, the bigger chance you'll have overlap in missions, making more and more quanta... I expect that in a world where you needed billions for schematics, you could earn tens of billions with missioning. In a world without schematics, you can still make billions doing missions...

25M as week for a single character does not sound like much, especially when you consider all the AFK required.

In fact, I am pulling more than that every week from the mining bots on a single character. And the tiles are not even especially good (but close to DS6).

20 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

25M as week for a single character does not sound like much, especially when you consider all the AFK required.

But a single character doing missions was never the issue. A single character today would make ~100M/week (doing it via my method).

That currently sounds like a lot as ore is cheap, making elements cheap.

But if ore is not cheap, as there is virtually none on the market, what will you spend your quanta on. Mining would be profitable, but you can make everything yourself, so why buy from the market?

If I would be playing again after the wipe with my four accounts (subscription runs till November) I would do the following:

1 Pilot would fly the four best missions from the 4 characters every day (except weekends). => quanta in

All four would setup maximized automining operations,  200+ autominers, just do the mini game with a character during the week => ore in

During the weekend do asteroid mining, one character doing the piloting of the scanship, another character doing the mining, another doing the hauling back and forth. => ore in

I would do this until I have my infrastructure/ships in place again, then start selling ore as well, as it would still be pretty valuable. => ore out, quanta in