New player, suggestions and wipe

Demogorgon

Hiya, I’m new player and have been playing for around 3 weeks. Personally i will not play once released if they don’t wipe. The economy is dead and the game seems broken at the current state. There are too many things that don’t work atm. For example, I'm already tired of gathering and selling ores because industry is not worth for new players, people with multiple/beta accounts and with years of gameplay took everything. In my opinion wipe is necessary for a fresh start and will allow new players to enjoy the game. They must also fix some aspects of gameplay like Territory Scanner (very boring) and rework resources system with a random respawn after a while, perhaps making extractors independent from territory owning. I really hope NQ move in the right direction because the game foundations are good. They must also do a good marketing campaign before release. DU needs more ppl to be fully enjoyed.

My 2 cents

It will all be back to the same situation around a month after release. The problem with the economy isn’t that people are rich, it’s due to the lack of a loss mechanic.

More Pvp or pve or element degradation or something similar needs to be put in place for the market to function properly.

i agree with the wipe 100%, and yes it will happen again in the future if they don't think to a different solution about mining, resources, tiles, organizations and so on. In addiction i would like developer would make focus also on optimization of game, despite i belong a high-end PC, when i play i have serious FPS issues, overload of PC resources such as CPU and GPU and temperature of my CPU goes up to 80C. although i got AIO with 3-fans radiator. Now population who play Beta server is very low compared to many other MMO but what would happen if in release at least 100K players will join this game, will it be minimally playable?

Economy is far from dead. Does stuff insta sell on the market? no, It can be weeks for an item to sell, but then the next week you can hardly keep the stuff stocked.

You will always sell ore. Its a great way to make money. Even those people with multiple accounts and years of gameplay still sell ore. There are other ways to make money besides selling ore and factory work. (selling ship/ship designs, Selling station/station designs, Selling ore locations, Transporting goods for players, Running aphilia missions, skilling up in Handling skills and buffing other peoples things, Selling things you pirate, And soon what ever these alien things bring us, might even find a situation of guns for hire being a thing. 

A new player can compete with players with multiple accounts/years of gameplay in industry. You can hire people to touch your machines so they are running at max efficiency. 

If you dont like territory scanning you dont have to. Other people like to scan and you can buy scans off of them. You want random new resources? we already got those they are called asteroids, you want more? Well the new alien mechanic coming in is going to be just that. 

This infatuation that a wipe is going to make everything great is just laughable. You say your tired of mining ore just to sell because industry is not worth it for new players. Well with a wipe, industry is not going to be worth it for new players. Atleast not solo players. Its going to be the group of 20 or 50 people that work industry togeather.  And they are not going to sell those first things cheap. So while you say your tired of selling ore, with a wipe your going to mine allot more and sell allot more to be able to buy the things your buying now. 

Basically your way better off now as a new player then you would be after a wipe. 

1 hour ago, RugesV said:

Economy is far from dead. Does stuff insta sell on the market? no, It can be weeks for an item to sell, but then the next week you can hardly keep the stuff stocked.

You will always sell ore. Its a great way to make money. Even those people with multiple accounts and years of gameplay still sell ore. There are other ways to make money besides selling ore and factory work. (selling ship/ship designs, Selling station/station designs, Selling ore locations, Transporting goods for players, Running aphilia missions, skilling up in Handling skills and buffing other peoples things, Selling things you pirate, And soon what ever these alien things bring us, might even find a situation of guns for hire being a thing. 

A new player can compete with players with multiple accounts/years of gameplay in industry. You can hire people to touch your machines so they are running at max efficiency. 

If you dont like territory scanning you dont have to. Other people like to scan and you can buy scans off of them. You want random new resources? we already got those they are called asteroids, you want more? Well the new alien mechanic coming in is going to be just that. 

This infatuation that a wipe is going to make everything great is just laughable. You say your tired of mining ore just to sell because industry is not worth it for new players. Well with a wipe, industry is not going to be worth it for new players. Atleast not solo players. Its going to be the group of 20 or 50 people that work industry togeather.  And they are not going to sell those first things cheap. So while you say your tired of selling ore, with a wipe your going to mine allot more and sell allot more to be able to buy the things your buying now. 

Basically your way better off now as a new player then you would be after a wipe. 

I can understand the feelings of pro players who made all that i can see now in the game, somehow i'm very sorry at the thought all such beautifull thigs will disappear but, wipe is necessary, everyone who subscribe a beta game should know, wipe might happen sooner or later, and it's necessary for to give a sense to an official release version of the game,  i'm not considering myself but all those players who will start the game for the first time when official release will be on. 

That’s why I stopped playing again. Absolutely no point playing a beta…

1) … that is giving to get wiped: waste of time rebuilding. 
2)  … that is going to change all the rules and how to play: waste of time relearning. 

there is basically zero value to the game now until it can be guaranteed. 

Hi everyone,

Please don't open multiple threads on the same topic. It makes the global discussion harder to follow, and for this reason, this forum thread will be locked.

You have already a reply about the wipe topic here and we ask you to continue the discussion on this topic in this recent forum thread, with already more replies in it.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.