Differentiation of Scraps

HamyMac

So all the scraps are in their tiers, but within the tiers each scrap repairs the same amount of a chosen element. The difference between the scraps within a tier is only that of mass... yet the price of each varies wildly.
Would it be a good idea to add another quality to the mix to help to define a scrap's value by it's usefulness, rather than just how much of it you can haul off Alioth. 
Could scraps be additionally separately classifeid as more effeicient for Engine elelements, Aerofoil elelments, Braking elelments and perhaps additionally for Adjustors to create four preferntial uses that would be truthfully represented in the market price. 
I could still be possible to repair an Engine with Aerofoil scrap, but it should perhaps use much more of the consumable to do so.. 

Does this sound like a daft idea, or would it work and also rationalize the market pricing?

Currently on Alioth Rare Scrap prices are these:
Cobalt - 347.97 
Fluorine - 179.00
Gold - 209.95
Scandium - 487.00

There is no reason for the vast price difference except that of availability. Adding one other specialization factor to scraps within the tier might get some sense into the prices. 

The idea of switching out scrap types multiple times during a repair job makes my skin crawl. The majority of the time if I’m doing repairs it’s multiple element types. As for the price differences, we’ll I think the market is going to dictate the cost of a given ore but it’s nice to have a variety of sources, so you can use what you have. 

On 3/17/2022 at 12:40 PM, HamyMac said:

So all the scraps are in their tiers, but within the tiers each scrap repairs the same amount of a chosen element. The difference between the scraps within a tier is only that of mass... yet the price of each varies wildly.
Would it be a good idea to add another quality to the mix to help to define a scrap's value by it's usefulness, rather than just how much of it you can haul off Alioth. 
Could scraps be additionally separately classifeid as more effeicient for Engine elelements, Aerofoil elelments, Braking elelments and perhaps additionally for Adjustors to create four preferntial uses that would be truthfully represented in the market price. 
I could still be possible to repair an Engine with Aerofoil scrap, but it should perhaps use much more of the consumable to do so.. 

Does this sound like a daft idea, or would it work and also rationalize the market pricing?

Currently on Alioth Rare Scrap prices are these:
Cobalt - 347.97 
Fluorine - 179.00
Gold - 209.95
Scandium - 487.00

There is no reason for the vast price difference except that of availability. Adding one other specialization factor to scraps within the tier might get some sense into the prices. 

The ore rarity, and availably of those who want to make scrap, and those who buy it (basic supply and demand) are the real market drivers. Just because it seems better on paper doesn't mean much at the end of the day, people are creatures of habit and will stick to one type of fuel or scrap in many cases, rather than doing the research and looking up all of the market prices.