Tutorials broken

Dagorva

Line Tool: After the connecting the yellow parts it says to target a surface and rotate the brush but nothing happens nor does the brush change color no matter where you click. Very confusing. Had to skip to the end.

Smooth Tool: Clicking on edges with the Smooth Tool does nothing. Didn't go any further. Too frustrated at this point.

Update: Did the Tutorials again and figured out with the Line Tool that holding 'R' and the mouse wheel scroll rotates but pressing 'R' alone does nothing. With the Smooth Tool I had to click and hold. The Tutorial says to just click.

Edited by Dagorva

• Dagorva changed the title to Tutorials broken

Hey Dagorva sorry to hear your having difficulty. The voxel tutorial is normally completable but if you somehow managed to bug it out then I encourage you to submit a bug report detailing all your steps so the support team can try reproducing the problem. In this case I suspect you just got stuck because an intermediately step was missed (ie: the selective copy action). The voxel system is quite powerful but that also makes it rather complex and hard to master. Maybe try watching one of the video tutorials on the main website to get a better feel for the process.

2 hours ago, Msoul said:

Hey Dagorva sorry to hear your having difficulty. The voxel tutorial is normally completable but if you somehow managed to bug it out then I encourage you to submit a bug report detailing all your steps so the support team can try reproducing the problem. In this case I suspect you just got stuck because an intermediately step was missed (ie: the selective copy action). The voxel system is quite powerful but that also makes it rather complex and hard to master. Maybe try watching one of the video tutorials on the main website to get a better feel for the process.

If you (or anyone else) has the time, I would be interested in hearing more about your experience with the in-game voxel tutorial and whether or not you have any suggestions on how it can be improved/clarified.

With the Line Tool, after connecting the yellow boxes wrongly, it says to rotate the connecting point with the rotation key 'R' but I can't see anything happening and the tutorial doesn't progress. There's no video tutorial for this either. I'll submit a bug report for it if I don't find a solution.

Edited by Dagorva