Option for water drainage [Game Suggestion]

ADCOne

I am not sure if this has been suggested before (I did not see it when I searched just now) but I have just finished taming my own piece of water by putting it in a cube (as seen in the screenshot) and I was thinking it might be nice to be able to drain water from the cube. Not sure how difficult this is to do but if it was server intensive I could be happy with an optional module that works similar to the mining units (only works on active tiles). I also think making them drain by default would be a mistake since, even though I would like it I think others like the water being there and I see no reason to spoil other peoples fun to get what I am after. :)

I would also like to be able to vent oxygen and hydrogen but I am sure that is something that has already been suggested.

Thanks for the consideration 👍

dualuniverse_2022-03-09_21h13m45s.png

I was thinking the same thing when contemplating connecting the sea floor to my ocean platform base. Unfortunately, it’d be a LOT of work for something not exactly impactful - I doubt it will ever happen.

However, if the entire area inside voxels is submerged, you can make it to where the water is barely noticeable with enough light.

Technically it would be fairly simple to exclude the global planet wide water mesh from rendering inside the cube of a static core, and replace it with a localized water level instead. Lots of edge cases (literally) if you have local and global water levels showing side by side, but still doable (side walls with waterfall gfx?).

But as mentioned it is very, very, very unlikely that we will ever see NQ start to implement this kind of functionality, since they already have a long list of much more important functionality that is missing and in dire need of attention. But then again NQ has been known to spend time on relatively unimportant stuff like adding new gfx effects and tweaking texture shaders etc. instead of focusing on the big important features, so who knows..