New user with damaged Core unit

Tunsji

Hi, I just landed in the sanctuary a couple of days ago and have been doing tutorials and finally managed to build something.
Now I did something to damage the core unit. I could not repair it so I made a new one. That did not work either. 
I tried to place a mining unit but it gives me "Unauthorized request" I found out that it has to do with the core unit, but haven't figured out how to fix it.
Now everything is labled "No owner" and "Decayed in 30 d". 

Is there a way to replace or do I have to somehow erase and start over`? In that case.... how do I do that.

I really like the idea of this game but getting started is SUPER hard.  Appreciate some ideas. Feeling really lost and lonely out here!

It woudl be odd for the core to be damaged as that is not enabled outside fo PVP space aas far as I know. Are you sure you damaged your core and not trrying to repair a core from an abandoned construct?

Anyway, to fix a broken core you must replace it, have the relevant core in your active inventory and have the repair tool active, it will tell you what you need to do when you hover over the core, which is to do a CTRL-CLICK if I recall correctly.

I would also suggest you join the Discord.. never mind the sometimes heated debates there.. Just ask your questions and you wil get someone to help you..

Thanks a lot blazemonger. It did not work but I have learned a lot. I created a core and had it in my inventory and used the repair tool.

Without the core I was told "Cannot repair destroyed Element.You do not have the necessary Element to replace this one" 

With the core in the inventory it said "Cannot repair destroyed Element". 

Instead I took my new core and made a new setup beside the old one. I found that I could remove the materia so all I lost was the created storage containers and mining unit and a couple of windows etc. Anyway I still have 28 days before it breaks down completely so no worries 🙂

My new problem was that the resurection node also broke. I repaired it once but the next day it was bad. Solution - I bought a new one.

My only problem was that the nearest one I found was still across the planet, so it took me quite a while. Luckily I had read a tutorial so I had lots of fuel and scrap with me. Crashed something like 8 times, twice upside down... so now I have learnt to fix that and repair it as well. 

Next step will probably be to learn to fly a real airplane. I guess they are expensive as well so I had better keep on mining. I have four mining units now 🙂

I will join the Discord to learn more. 

After two days I was ready to quit, but now I am starting to understand something and enjoy myself. It still feels empty and lonely, but hopefully I will get to know people when I learn how to transport myself in a better way.

Good stuff.. hanging out on DIscord will probably get you some friends in game and help to rebuild what was damaged..Game get's lonely by yourself unless you have a specific plan/reason to be. Better to join an dorg and gain experience.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 11:14 PM, Tunsji said:

Thanks a lot blazemonger. It did not work but I have learned a lot. I created a core and had it in my inventory and used the repair tool.

Without the core I was told "Cannot repair destroyed Element.You do not have the necessary Element to replace this one" 

With the core in the inventory it said "Cannot repair destroyed Element". 

Instead I took my new core and made a new setup beside the old one. I found that I could remove the materia so all I lost was the created storage containers and mining unit and a couple of windows etc. Anyway I still have 28 days before it breaks down completely so no worries 🙂

My new problem was that the resurection node also broke. I repaired it once but the next day it was bad. Solution - I bought a new one.

My only problem was that the nearest one I found was still across the planet, so it took me quite a while. Luckily I had read a tutorial so I had lots of fuel and scrap with me. Crashed something like 8 times, twice upside down... so now I have learnt to fix that and repair it as well. 

Next step will probably be to learn to fly a real airplane. I guess they are expensive as well so I had better keep on mining. I have four mining units now 🙂

I will join the Discord to learn more. 

After two days I was ready to quit, but now I am starting to understand something and enjoy myself. It still feels empty and lonely, but hopefully I will get to know people when I learn how to transport myself in a better way.

What did help me when I started was to join an organisation.

My organisation was very helpfull in explaining the game mechanics but also in getting me up and running with some basic stuff. Generally there is a lot of help on discord, most people are willing to help.

In our organisation we  help starters moving to Allioth by transport them to the tile of choice and give them a territory unit and other stuff so they can start build things