I have a question for all of you ..

blazemonger

A new crowdfunding round .. What if ..  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support NQ by backing a new crowdfunding round if they would start one?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Not with how the current development has been, a lot of the original features that I and yourself backed for are not on the roadmap anymore.  TW doesn't even get mentioned these days.  I wouldn't trust that any promised or features stated in another crowdfunding campaign would actually be completed.

But saying that, I run paid accounts also as I want to support NQ and would consider buying some cosmetic skins for weapons, containers engines etc if they wanted to do that one day!

I don't understand the concept of crowdfunding a published game that is already charging a subscription...and already raised their sub price once...and already raised over $20 million in VC funds. 

If they haven't used that money well in the last 8+ years, that's not our fault. They have the funds to get this to release.

They've stated there's no dire financial emergency. There's no evidence that throwing more money at NQ will improve anything, not at this point in the dev process. It isn't like you can merely hire 20 devs and increase your dev velocity overnight. 

IMO giving NQ more crowdfunding money would be like a donation to them, which I don't understand at all. Plenty of people that actually need that money compared to a for-profit enterprise. 

NQ hasn't hesitated to make sweeping game changes to reduce costs so that they will make more money come release...in other words, NQ knows this is meant to be a cash register and isn't going to sacrifice profits for the sake of the game or gameplay or players...so I don't see why anyone should "support" NQ with extra money beyond the price they already charge. 

10 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Would be interesting to see the outcome..
As for myself? I probably would

As stated many times, if they did the things which I mentioned (in my video as well) then yes. Otherwise no.

For me, I'd need to see NQ move from making choices based on their (lack of) funding and present a plan based around what the game is supposed to be and how it can get there. If that becomes clear and is convincing and then NQ asks for X amount to make that happen, it's still a gamble but I'd likely go with it if what they present both makes sense and aligns with my ideas, as was the case during Kickstarter.

If they stick with their current line, where every choice and decision is dictated by staying within operating budget and has little to no relevance to the future and progress of the game then no, I would not.

Saying "the companny is not in any danger" is IMO the wrong message. What I'd like to hear is "the game is on track towards these goals and we are confident we can get there". But that is not what we're hearing.

As long as original backers such as myself maintain that status until launch, as agreed upon… I guess?

I would honestly rather they just add lifetime memberships for $200 or something. That way they may get some extra dough out of existing players, and have something to offer new backers.

Frankly, if they actually started crowd funding again after introducing subs, it would probably send the wrong (or right, oof) message about the game, being as far into development as DU is.