How do I cancel all subs for this stupid game

Crazyhorse

Contact Xsolla (support@xsolla.com) and ask them to cancel. Unfortunately, contacting them manually via email seems to be the only way. 

Some credit card portals now have an option to cancel a recurring charge right from your online statement, too. 

If all else fails, file a complaint with the credit card company (dispute the charge) saying that you already cancelled the subscription. 

When companies chose to make the process to cancel opaque and difficult as NQ has, sometimes that's the only way. People say Xsolla wasn't NQ's choice and it was forced on them by an investor, but I've yet to see any evidence of that claim. 

Edited by blundertwink

Blundertwink's method can also work but I suggest you submit a ticket if you are having difficulty. The support team might even be able to refund your last payment if it occurred fairly recently. You can use this link, just make sure to change the category to cancelations: https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000815499

Best of luck either way.

Xsolla is one of the shadiest payment processors on the market, with well documented history of unauthorized charges and duplicate charges to customers' account.

The only way you can really cancel xsolla subscriptions is by contacting them via email. This is not even specific to DU, this is their standard mode of operation.  

I could never really figure out if state of Xsolla services is a result of genuine malice or just sheer incompetence. I tend to lean toward the latter. Their Payment API is really

a joke. Barely adequate to sell pre paid cards to boomers for World of Tanks. I guess they never bothered to grow beyond that API wise. 

As for why NQ went with Xsolla and only  Xsolla, we all know the reason why.. and it's rather pathetic

3 hours ago, Yoarii said:

I don't, why?

The rumors say it is because an investor "forced" them to, but I've yet to see any actual evidence of this beyond rumor. 

Xsolla isn't just shady, they have absurdly high rates (almost twice Stripe's rate, which is considered very high in the industry). 

How shady are they? They fired 150 employees based on a big data analysis of performance which tagged some employees as "unproductive" based on their activities in Jira, confluence, gmail, etc. For anyone that's actually used those tools...it isn't just mean, it's a stupid idea. 

CEO Aleksandr Agapitov's classy response to this controversy...? 

Work your [filtered]ing ass off or get your [filtered]ing ass out.

I don't think anyone on the planet should use Xsolla as a payment service.

It's objectively crap, there's much better and cheaper services that are extremely easy to implement technically, and the owner is an irredeemable [filtered] that's made most his money by making subs difficult to cancel.

Xsolla still maintains offices in Russia (but is a California company), so some percent of your sub might go to paying Russian employees and enriching the Russian government via taxes...maybe not with sanctions making it all but impossible for them to actually pay those employees, but Agapitov is enough of an ass that he probably has a work-around. 

It wouldn't be hard to switch payment providers -- and unless someone can produce some real evidence that NQ is "forced" to use Xsolla, I think they should switch providers. 

9 hours ago, Yoarii said:

I don't, why?

Let's just say the hedge fund managers investing through Andurance are a colorful bunch. It's not a matter of public record.

And i have yet see any other online service that offers exactly ONE payment option. 

Just read this, and it sounds depressing but I agree they need more payment methods and I only use PayPal online to pay for services so they will kind of need more in the end.

(To be clear I do not have a credit card - I had one when I was a student but lets say I overused it and my overdraft and after they were taken away from me and I did pay it all back in the end - I have not gone back since and never looked back either)

Edited by ADCOne