PC Hardware

Osyraa

Dedicated Network Card??? O_O

raw

There's a lot that goes into building a bespoke PC and there are tons of jargon.... power supply ratings, graphics card capabilities, CPU socket types, memory standards, storage types and form factors. Ethernet wiring quality and Wireless standards, cooling solutions. Heck, even case ventilation raises questions if you're going to be playing a game as unoptimised as DU.

If any of the above raise questions, you might want to hold off building until you understand the above concepts, at least at a basic enough level not to get something wrong or even just waste money being upsold on unnecessary purchases...

If I were you I would start by watching some YouTube to get your foot in the door.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=building+a+pc+for+beginners

Most of these videos will be too old to be relevant right now (anything 2020 or earlier) so you'll also need to go to a site like Anandtech or Tom's Hardware and find their latest recommendations for "builds." They have various categories ... Under $600, under $1000, mid range and ultimate.... for example.

If you already have the basics (You're a Computer Science Teacher after all)  it shouldn't take you long before you're up to speed.

As for the memory speed question. It depends whether or not your motherboard supports XMP profiles or allows for custom timings. There's a lot of variables in your question and not enough information.

Good luck.

There's plenty of websites that will help in picking compatible parts. I'd strongly suggest using a comprehensive system like pcpartpicker vs. offhand knowledge from around here which will never be complete. 

They also have plenty of prebuilt configurations that will give you a rough price range and list of compatible components. 

Personally, I stopped seeing the point of building my own computer...the price difference of a high end prebuilt vs. all the constituent components (at retail prices) seemed too small for the effort...but of course "too small for the effort" is highly relative. 

18 hours ago, Osyraa said:

On the motherboard specs it says "memory 2133 MHz". Does that mean I cant run 3600 hz ram with it?

I run this board with 3600 DDR4 .. so yes.. works fine.. ;)

Currently

PRIME X570-P

AMD Ryzen 5800X with Arctic freezer 34-CO cooler

32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengance 2x 16Gb ‎CMK32GX4M2Z3600C18

RTX2080

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what you're looking to spend but I paid $4800+. I have my desktop FPS set to 144 Hz, play at Ultra settings, and only get a momentary pause after I'm not sure how long, maybe 15 to 20 mins I think. Game saving? Depending on the UI window I have up or sometimes when I switch to Firefox, I'll hear my video card go full blast, annoying. Other than that I have no other issues.

Gigabyte X570x AORUS Master v1.2

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x /w be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU Cooler

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB DDR4 4266

EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Corsair Force M600 500 GB - Windows 10 Pro

Corsair Force M600 2 TB - Games

EVGA SuperNOVA 850W PS