Not sure about the changes to ships hover engines

ADCOne

Recently I have noticed that my hover engines do not lift up from the ground surface my ship is orientated with and instead are only lifting from the downward direction aligned with the planets I am on. It used to work really well by being orientated with the ships bottom instead and made traversing mountainous areas 'fun' in the correct ship. Instead its now not really possible and since the wipe of the game removed the runway (Dug out with the flattening tool) I made is now causing me lots of crashes so basically I am not really pleased with these changes based on how its caused me to crash my ship twice now in the last month just trying to get to the first outpost I ever made.

It would not have been so annoying if this has worked as it is now originally but since its a change and makes the game worse based on what I learned to do. I am not a fan at all of these changes.

Edited by ADCOne
Clarification

By default, hover lift you up (as seen from planet) and boosters lift you up (as seen from the ship).

You can however, just rightclick the engines and enable or disable "thrust along gravity".

There was no change to the engines.

The ship certainly is moving differently and it was hovering 'up' based on the direction of the ship against the closest ground directly from the ship originally. So if its not an engine change then its a ground change or the 'thrust along gravity' was off (depending on how that works) or something else but there has been a change - I am not good enough at LUA or configuring the ships to have done anything else.

Anyway, if you want the ship to slide sideways when you are tilted, rightclick the engines (one by one) and "disable thrust along gravity".

If you want to craft to not slide sideways, enable it.

Crafts should usually ignore any terrain slant, meaning should you be on the side of a hill, you do not drift because of it.

I will check next time I am on if I notice any changes, maybe there was a change and I just didn’t notice yet, in which case I apologize.

No need for apologies :) you provided me with a potential answer and I am sure there are loads of reasons my ship could be flying differently, I just assume that its the hover engines since that is where I notice it on the terrain that is harder to manoeuvre on.

5 hours ago, Gottchar said:

By default, hover lift you up (as seen from planet) and boosters lift you up (as seen from the ship).

You can however, just rightclick the engines and enable or disable "thrust along gravity".

There was no change to the engines.

Sorry its not the 'thrust along gravity' option. I tried it just now and it seems quite good but if I rotate the ship it just flips, so I am not really sure how this would be useful in a planet, unless they can become makeshift engines for forward thrust instead.

I wonder if they just made the hovers less powerful or less responsive or made it so they do not thrust below the ship to maintain the desired height from the ground anymore and instead only thrust vertically down if they can reach the ground in line with gravity. No matter what has been done it makes it a very different experience.

Thanks for the suggestion though :)