its been 1 year and 4 days since BOO crashed the SW PVP event, a reminder of why we love this game

ELX987

^^ 

i miss PVP like this, consensual or not, i just miss the fun we had

rarely do i see fights get close to what this was, to have 10000 views on a forum thread that spewed out good fun and laughter.

i wish DU went back to this type of fun, when we were all there to play, now we are just watching, waiting

lets hope .29 brings this back!

I don't get how a game of mostly adults...mostly 30+ year old adults...so often devolves into pointless name-calling.

If you feel the need to use the term "carebear" or "butthurt", you don't have anything worth saying. 

It's a deep irony that people who accuse others of having thin skin or being too "weak" for PvP so often have their feathers ruffled with the drop of a pin. 

14 minutes ago, blundertwink said:

I don't get how a game of mostly adults...mostly 30+ year old adults...so often devolves into pointless name-calling.

If you feel the need to use the term "carebear" or "butthurt", you don't have anything worth saying. 

It's a deep irony that people who accuse others of having thin skin or being too "weak" for PvP so often have their feathers ruffled with the drop of a pin. 

Ok Carebear.  It always starts like above with people calling other people who are PLAYING THE GAME AS LITERALLY INTENDED....griefers.  Its the pvp zone, its meant for.....pvp.  Shocking I know.

40 minutes ago, VandelayIndustries said:

Ok Carebear.  It always starts like above with people calling other people who are PLAYING THE GAME AS LITERALLY INTENDED....griefers.  Its the pvp zone, its meant for.....pvp.  Shocking I know.

Completely irrelevant to my point.

All name calling makes you sound like a child, but especially mildly homophobic slurs like "butthurt". 

I don't care if you enjoy PvP or not (personally I do enjoy it)...if you resort to boring, repetitive, childish insults, your opinion should be thrown in the dumpster as irrelevant garbage. It doesn't matter "who starts it" -- this isn't 2nd grade and the topic is a video game. If you must use insults, at least save it for a topic worth getting riled over. 

One thing I do respect CIG and Star Citizen forums for is that their moderators are consistently pretty strict when it comes to insults.  There are a list of terms that are just not accepted. Among them are carebear and murder hobos/PKers etc. 

the number of ultimately productive threads that include those terms in any posts is so vanishingly small that CIG just tend to nip those threads in the bud.

on these forums however, it’s always funny watching presumably grown adults getting riled up about other people’s play styles. 

especially odd watching those whose in-game demenour is that of the battle hardened tough guy but who then resort to throwing their toys about when someone says they don’t want to play PVP with them. 

Please delete this thread it will serve no positive purpose. 

3 hours ago, Jinxed said:

One thing I do respect CIG and Star Citizen forums for is that their moderators are consistently pretty strict when it comes to insults.  There are a list of terms that are just not accepted. Among them are carebear and murder hobos/PKers etc. 

the number of ultimately productive threads that include those terms in any posts is so vanishingly small that CIG just tend to nip those threads in the bud.

on these forums however, it’s always funny watching presumably grown adults getting riled up about other people’s play styles. 

especially odd watching those whose in-game demenour is that of the battle hardened tough guy but who then resort to throwing their toys about when someone says they don’t want to play PVP with them. 

Please delete this thread it will serve no positive purpose. 

PVP is fun, if you dont like it, dont leave SZ

Edited by ELX987

I generally do not appreciate the broadstroke labelling of players but in this case I'd make an exception. The instigator here really seems hellbent on making her quite narrowminded opinion heard in a provicative and generally ego-centric way, even when it has absolutely no relevance to the topic at all. She pretty much asks for the response she gets. That does not make either side right and it's kind of amusing to see how some will just jump on the bandwagon and take the bait, especially when their MO is pretty much identical.

And yes, it seems that NQ has no issue with this at all as they allow the likes of these to juist continue their antics and so we see a good example of a two people who are very similar but on opposite sides of the coin talk to their respective mirrors.

And then there is @Lethys who just fans the flames :D .. I do agree with his point here though. You can't judge one side without also judging the other as both are equally guilty of the same thing here really.

3 hours ago, Lethys said:

Funny how Carebear and butthurt get ppl to think they need to write smth while at the same time griefers is A-OK. 

Not to mention that the daphne comment has nothing worth to say either, but thats obviously ok too.

Smh some ppl

Griefers isn't a homophobic slur for one...but my point was that insults are childish and stupid no matter who is using them. Which I said rather clearly. 

"But they did it too" is about as childish and useless a defense as you can muster. 

1 hour ago, blundertwink said:

Griefers isn't a homophobic slur for one...but my point was that insults are childish and stupid no matter who is using them. Which I said rather clearly. 

"But they did it too" is about as childish and useless a defense as you can muster. 

Tell me moar how Well i use homophobic slurs. Which, you know, doesnt mean shit because its just as Bad as griefer to me.

Oh and if you really think that i ever even implied "but mimimimimimimimi some random on some forum did it too" .....you clearly didnt get the irony i implied in that reply nor the sarcasm. Nor what i wanted to show with it.

Pls try harder to paint me the way you think i am. Im really disappointed by this trash Talk. Up your Game Buddy, you can do better!

5 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Tell me moar how Well i use homophobic slurs. Which, you know, doesnt mean shit because its just as Bad as griefer to me.

Oh and if you really think that i ever even implied "but mimimimimimimimi some random on some forum did it too" .....you clearly didnt get the irony i implied in that reply nor the sarcasm. Nor what i wanted to show with it.

Pls try harder to paint me the way you think i am. Im really disappointed by this trash Talk. Up your Game Buddy, you can do better!

Carebears are bad at everything.

Meanwhile on the actual server, crashed 10 times today, about 150 times since last patch, transports from markets to districts are fracked, ships unclaimed with no warning, we get new patches with stuff nobody wants, everything is done to releave server load, uhm make more cash, DU is in a deathhold from its original ideas and the cracks are opening every week and with every patch that railroads us further away from creating civilization. "content" is crashing into a light post a half voxel with a large core multimillion ship that is totalled in the process. largest core is still peanuts compared to the promisses or even the art we get in the loading screens, players are rare and only seen at scavange locations, well the 5 actives.

AND I AM OUT OF POPCORN ?

Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.

Hi everyone,
As this topic has been the opposite of a constructive thread, it will now be locked.
@Daphne Jones@Lethys This kind of behavior to antagonize a part of the Community is not acceptable, here's a new warning.
Using  words like "gtfo", "carebear", "butthurt" is only meant to provoke/flame and escalate conflict and you (very well) know it. You're not new here.

EDIT: warning added to @VandelayIndustries, for sharing the same "spirit" as the two mentioned above.

Nyzaltar.