Tax free planet

CoyoteNZ

Log in, calibrate your MUs, after a few days take to market to sell ore to make quanta, hopefully enough to cover tax and do some cool things.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, we want to rebel against our tax overlords we want our own planet away from the corporate NPC stealing our souls!

We want to do what we want with our ore, we don’t want to pay tax!

Yes we realise that if we do t pay tax then we will lose the to SU protection zone around our planet. Yes we realise that the NPC markets on our planet will be closed down. We will rebel, we are willing to live with that.

give us a current or new planet with no NPC interference. No NPC market place. No NPC tax on our titles. No NPC 2su safe zone. Player driven game they say, down with the tax, down with the control.

To make sure people don’t just have hu dreads of hex’s they claim but never use, make it so the one week tax is replaced on the FREE WORLDS with you have to touch foot on the planet (real or via VR) once a week/month etc to not lose hex.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like the PVP lobby, not only that it is bad enough to attack normal players and also robbing them out,  now even wants to get spared from tax!

Here's my (same unrealistically) counter proposal: any player who attacks an unarmed ship gets a lower security rating. If it reaches negative values, that player receives notifications that in two weeks his constructs on any of the normal plants will become available to other players,. Ad indeed, there will be a new planet - where ground PVP is allowed, no safe zone around, and a tax 2x the normal amount! ? ? ?

I am feeling hurt that you respond to this thread with your own opinion yet call other humans who add their own opinion a troll. This is not how a forum functions. Please be nice to others and don't inult them.

Edited by Hirnsausen

8 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

I am feeling hurt that you respond to this thread with your own opinion yet call other humans who add their own opinion a troll. This is not how a forum functions. Please be nice to others and don't inult them.

You suggest I shouldn't call out a troll when they find a thread on tax-free planets and then spend their entire post either complaining about pvp players or suggesting that pvp players be penalized for engaging in pvp?

The initial post is about having a planet with no Aphelia stuff at all as a compensation for having no tax on the tiles, and an idea for how to keep someone that just has a lot of TCU and initial cash from claiming all the tiles when there isn't a tax to slow them down. 

Atmospheric pvp seems the obvious answer to me, as it would require anyone claiming the tiles to also have the military power to hold them, but one could also use some manner of power/fuel requirement (aphelia isn't providing the free energy to keep it going on an aphelia-free planet) whenever NQ gets around to adding a power mechanic in to the game.

@Hirnsausen

7 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

You are the person, who explained that all pvp player behaving like Putin. "Putin-Behavoir" was your choice of words.
Watch out what you are writing on this platform

I do not think it would be fair in any way, to create a tax-free planet for PVP players. It would be better to strengthen economically those who became victims of robbery and piracy so they can a little bit easier manage such losses.

12 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

And you call another poster again a troll. Deeply insulting. You need to learn to deal with opinions different from yours. Otherwise, you are what you call others.

From the Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

-Trolling, verb: ...deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content.

Your post was inflammatory: You asked for a large group of people to be unnessicary penalized for playing in a way you don't like in an area specifically intended for them to play in the way you don't like while knowing that someone who would call you out was watching the thread.

Your post was irrelevant: This thread is about tax-free planets and their balancing, your post was entirely about penalizing pvp players with no input on how to balance a tax-free planet.

I may be a troll for calling you out for trolling, but that doesn't change the fact that your first post here was to troll this thread. Post a suggestion on how to balance a tax-free planet, or post why you think it can't be balanced. Going in to a thread to pick a verbal fight without intension of contributing productively to that thread's discussion is trolling, and I have no problem calling you out for it.

On 3/6/2022 at 11:41 PM, Hirnsausen said:

... Please be nice to others and don't inult them.

12 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

...You need to learn to deal with opinions different from yours. Otherwise, you are what you call others.

...You say that after intentionally insulting people with opinions different from yours by calling them equals with Somali Pirates and Putin in other threads...

Also, if you actually meant that, then I'd like to hear what you intend to call pirates that find the name pirate offensive or insulting.

I think a tax-free planet would be best balanced with pvp, people would only take what they thought they could defend, and they'd be able to lose it later (allowing other players to claim the hexes) if they stopped defending it and went else-ware. This could alternatively be paired up with a thing where an org somehow claims a planet, and then can set whatever hex-taxes they like (including choosing to have no tax at all), and in return is notified of anything getting attacked on that planet without regards as to who it belongs to (thus allowing an org that takes responsibility for the planet's defense to either collect taxes or let everyone they like be there for free).

Alternatively one could use some manner of fuel or power-requirement that would require someone to come and re-supply their territory units every so often to keep from losing them, though at its core this would just be another form of tax where one pays in fuel/power-cells/what-have-you instead of quanta.

Having to only set foot on a hex to keep it would be far too easy, people would just claim huge swaths of land and auto-run laps around the planet each day while they went to work.

Amazing how you always quote rules you exempt yourself from.

Instead of harassing other players who come up with own opinions different to yours, you better become constructive and stick to the topic, instead of hijacking threads of other forum members for some sort of personal feud you may feel to live out.

I renew my own suggestion:
- A security ranking for players, with positive and negative values
- Instead of a tax-free paradise for those who steal from others and destroy, rather an increased tax if the security level has reached negative values
- Alternatively, instead of an increased taxation, there could be a weekly insurance fee to be paid as a PVP ship is much more likely to see combat and damage than other ships

2 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

Amazing how you always quote rules you exempt yourself from.

Instead of harassing other players who come up with own opinions different to yours, you better become constructive and stick to the topic, instead of hijacking threads of other forum members for some sort of personal feud you may feel to live out...

...Are you attempting to preempt your own argument?

This thread is on tax-free planets, not pvp. I suggested pvp as a balance option because I believe it to be the best option, but that has not changed this thread's purpose from the discussion of tax-free planets to a discussion of pvp.

If you want to discuss your ideas for punishing pvp players, go start a thread for them. 

If you have anything to contribute to the discussion of the topic specifically of tax-free planets and how to make them a balanced part of the game, then post that here.

Posts on pvp-related security status or other similar mechanics that are not directly related to making a tax-free planet a balanced part of the game do not belong on this thread.

Just think: what kind of players will be able to use a planet that has no safe zone around? Right. PVP players. Quite obviously. I am contributing to this thread by highlighting that this idea would unfairly give further advantages to PVP players, which equals to a punishment of normal players..

It is elemental part of a thread, that it can contain agreeing answers, but also disagreeing answers and even counter proposals. You need to accept that, instead of fighting rigorously views contrary to yours. BE CONSTRUCTIVE.  Try, at least. Or pretend. 🙂

Edited by Hirnsausen

2 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

...what kind of players will be able to use a planet that has no safe zone around? Right. PVP players. Quite obviously. I am contributing to this thread by highlighting that this idea would unfairly give further advantages to PVP players,...

See, this is a useful contribution to the conversation, you have identified what you consider to be an issue with the initial suggestion. So, do you have any suggestions on how to make this more balanced for all players? If you don't and you just think that this specific planet can't be made appropriately balanced for all players, then say so, as that would be valid input as well.

(Note: a universal "security status" to try and penalize pvp players does not balance this planet, as such would be a game-wide effect instead of only effecting this planet's use, the objective of the thread is to balance this specific suggested planet, not to try and alter the entire universe. Likewise taxing people more for using this planet is not balance as that just encourages people to not use the planet at all. )