How can I move a Static Construct (Factory) from one location to another?

Lunchbox

I bought a factory Blueprint for a container factory awhile back. Since then I have moved tiles and would like to move my factory with me. Unfortunatly, the ability to create a blueprint needs to be unlock by the creator and I haven't seen them logged on for months. Is there a work around for this?

If you have a second character or a friend you trust you can probably have them take the tile which holds your construct and then requisition it.  I believe that will generate a blueprint of the item for you when they requisition the construct, and they can just give you it back.

On 2/23/2022 at 1:00 PM, Zeddrick said:

If you have a second character or a friend you trust you can probably have them take the tile which holds your construct and then requisition it.  I believe that will generate a blueprint of the item for you when they requisition the construct, and they can just give you it back.

No. Requisitioning lets you take control of the construct, but doesn't grant IP rights. Or if it does it's a bug and using it would an exploit for which a players should be rightly banned.

Of course not, but you misunderstood what I said.  If *your* construct is requisitioned by someone else then *you* get a blueprint of that construct.  Even if someone else has the DRM.  It was reported while the feature was being tested but nobody did anything about it.  That means that if your alt requisitions your constructs then the alt gets the construct and you, as the original owner, get a blueprint to rebuild what you lost.  So you can use the requisition feature to copy DRM constructs.

NQ does not appear to care.

It isnt clearly stated anywhere . Half bps can be created and half cannot when i tried. so i think its a buggy nonclear side of du yet which havent been identified as an exploit yet. which i also think it is ( an exploit) and should identified as an exploit and not permitted.

A way nq could fix issues like this would allow players to pack a core. It would essentially disassemble a core and put it into a linked container (providing it has enough space) in packages by form. The player could then deploy that core at a new location. With all the original rdms and DRM in place.

I’m honestly surprised nobody has pulled the “what part of static don’t you understand?” Line on you yet, given some of the… colourful… characters on this forum. 

A “right click: disassemble core” tool has been requested since the dark ages but unfortunately to no avail. 

currently the only way to move a static factory construct is: 

empty, double cut & paste, link, refill:

empty all of the containers.

cut the elements one by one.  

paste the elements one by one. 

cut the voxels section by section. 
paste the voxels section by section. 

link the elements back together again. 
refill all of the containers with their stuff. 

now if there is DRM you’ll lose the voxels and

the LUA on any controllers. But as mentioned

above, there is a bug which allows you to get

a dodgy copy of the blueprint... However, tho

I haven’t tried that particular method myself. 

On 2/25/2022 at 9:09 PM, Zeddrick said:

Of course not, but you misunderstood what I said.  If *your* construct is requisitioned by someone else then *you* get a blueprint of that construct.  Even if someone else has the DRM.  It was reported while the feature was being tested but nobody did anything about it.  That means that if your alt requisitions your constructs then the alt gets the construct and you, as the original owner, get a blueprint to rebuild what you lost.  So you can use the requisition feature to copy DRM constructs.

NQ does not appear to care.

If the person who made the Blueprint intended to sell one copy of the factory, and the steps you just suggested allow someone to make a second factory BP for free, then that's an exploit.

They may not have figured out how to stop it yet, or made some big post clarifying that an exploit, is in fact an exploit.  But i don't see any reason to assume that they don't care.  That seems like dangerous advice to be handing out.