Thanks for stealing all i had

BertBerto

4 minutes ago, Atmosph3rik said:

You’re missing the point.  This isn’t Eve, and not every ship in this game is disposable, to the person flying it.  

if you don’t want to lose a ship, you definitely shouldn’t be using it to do anything outside the safe zone.  

but if you have a ship that you don’t want to lose.  You shouldn’t lose it because you used it to haul ore to the market, in the safe zone, and your PC dies while you’re there.

Yes i but i feel like thats never happened ever, and if happens once i dont care.  But it comes down to lack of funds for NQ we all know it, they tell us all the time they are a small indie studio.  In a more perfect scenario if you left it there 7 days, it would then be "held in virtual jail" for another 2 days (for possible exploits idk) then you could retrieve it to be re-deployed but a significant fine.  If your ship is crap you can choose to let it die in there, or pay the fine.  But NQ would have to develop all that shit.  This was their easy way and not caring about fringe problems of someone leaving a ship at market. 

Lost 3 ships on this and i even read all my mais and other stuff. This was not clear and for one thing, there was no notification on ships that were marked for deletion in 7 days. Only at the moment of deletion/unclaiming you get a notion.

Together with the statement players will not loose their stuff unless in PVP as stated previously this is a really bad way to implement stuff.

would a notification that your ship will be deleted in 7 days be so hard? ingame you get that when parking but when offline or after the patch update, nothing. 

i even parked my ships according to the previous rules and still they got deleted as they were somewhere on a purple spot.

Well i hope someone was happy with my shit, this just shows again that NQ follows anything but their own made rules.

Best part is some other ships i saw have NO unclaim timer and i even saw with 75 days right next to the market so apparently its the same as always and some players are more important then others.

4 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

Best part is some other ships i saw have NO unclaim timer and i even saw with 75 days right next to the market so apparently its the same as always and some players are more important then others.

75 days is the current timer for non subscribers.  So yes paying customers are more important than non pay customers.  And its 7 days at markets regardless of your importance.

I do agree that the lack of notifications should be changed. I mean your going to give us a notification everytime someone calibrates on our territory. But nothing when a ship becomes abandoned. And really emails should be sent out when this is going to happen.

22 hours ago, VandelayIndustries said:

Yes i but i feel like thats never happened ever, and if happens once i dont care.  But it comes down to lack of funds for NQ we all know it, they tell us all the time they are a small indie studio.  In a more perfect scenario if you left it there 7 days, it would then be "held in virtual jail" for another 2 days (for possible exploits idk) then you could retrieve it to be re-deployed but a significant fine.  If your ship is crap you can choose to let it die in there, or pay the fine.  But NQ would have to develop all that shit.  This was their easy way and not caring about fringe problems of someone leaving a ship at market. 

I think the fact that you're in here giving people Eve PVP advice, in regard to how they should park their ship, in the safe zone, is a pretty good indicator that the system is a bit too harsh.

NQ tried to kill two birds with one stone here.  The abandonment system was designed to deal with players who stop paying for a subscription.  Assuming a player knows that they stopped paying for a sub, and has every opportunity, and plenty of time to move stuff to sanctuary,  i think abandonment is a reasonably harsh penalty.   I don't think it's a good fit for dealing with market clutter though.  Because market clutter needs to be dealt with faster.

I do think that market clutter needed a solution now though, so i'm glad they did something about it.  But i hope going forward they consider developing a system that isn't so punishing.

YeahX I noticed a ship on a marketplace with a 70-sth day timer. What was that about? 

seemed a bit weird to me. 

I presume alpha and beta backers have no timers for their stuff other than the usual aphelia 7 day timer.