My Review: The Revamped Taxation and Mining System

Hirnsausen

The revamping of the taxation and mining system saved me from bankruptcy. We can be lucky to have game developers who read our suggestions and casual alerts. My compliments to them.

After the taxation system had been revamped, it feels easoer to financially maintain a number of mining tiles. In my case, this is the amount of 11 tiles, of which 4 tiles are claimed just for the benfit of the percentual mining yield bonus. The change in taxation amount was a good decision. My own opinion is, that this does not need any futher change. But I am asking for the opinions of you all players here. Pease add your own feedback.

The mining system had been revamped, too. It is not very close to what I self and surely other players suggested. And yet, despite that it is so close to what I self have suggested, I feel that while it allows now to exist, it is feeling in a certain way like a cumbersome job in some ways, or like a permanently recurring duty, to always have to recalibrate, despite that the mining units stay now 3 days on 100%. I do not dare to propose a change to that, as it was me who made all these suggestion. I can now understand so much better, how complex such a game development is - not only to make a game functioning, but also to make sure that he game is fun to play, fun to immerse one self into.

If I could make one final suggestion in regards to the mining units, I would now suggest that the loosening of the calibration (once it has reached 100%) does not begin after 3 days, but after  - don't get shocked - one month. Or not at all. This would be a change not for the matter of functionality, but for the matter of removing the feeling of strict duty to always having to recalibrate, and to infuse more game fun. That would be the only needed change I can think of. A change only to reduce the "duty" feeling. DU is not a job, it is a game we play to enjoy our time.

Here, too, I want to encourage the other players, to add their experiences in regards to the mning units.

It is already just shy of free ore, having to recalibrate once or twice a week isn't that bad, especially since you need to go periodically collect all the ore anyways. 

If they want to tweak it any further then I'd just advise increasing both the ore per hex and the tax per hex so as to still have the same output from the same number of mining units for the same average in taxes, but spread across fewer cores and requiring fewer hexes overall. Need to leave room for the new players, and encourage cooperative play (why have allies/orgs claim sub-optimal tiles if you can already pick up enough of the best ones solo to get enough adjacency bonuses?)