Summary of changes that could help increase player population

Namcigam

Hauling missions take way too long to complete, This needs to be sped up or they pay needs to be increased significantly. Allowing the use of warp cells would be the easiest fix  All missions could use an award increase especially the low level atmospheric missions. 
Ore distribution is way off balance making space fuel an end game high investment product when it's supposed to be a low level easy product to make. 
Stop broadcasting the location of asteroids scanned out side of the safe zone, it's nobody's business. 
Make space stations a warp able location I.E the warp beacon is over priced and not practical 
increase the performance of ship elements across the board and make them significantly more resilient against minor wrecks and rough landings 
Colored illuminated honeycomb
Different patterns and textures of honeycomb
increase the amount of HQ's you cane have 10 personal and 10 corporation HQ's 
No taxes for tiles they aren't worth it 
make MU's produce like 10 times the ore they are producing now and put uncommon ore back onto tiles in the safe zone. 
Once you get everything back to normal wipe the server because old corporations have a huge unfair advantage with stockpiles of resources so that none of the bad things you've done to the game affects them they can afford these changes 10 times over this is why many of them don't even see the problems it's causing. 
In order to get more subscribers make obtaining resources fun and efficient not slow and boring. 
This game needs to be streamlined and easier for players to acquire resources as it is right now its not worth the amount of effort required to be successful in this game. Make it fun and make it fast or I believe it will fail.  

38 minutes ago, Namcigam said:

make it fast or I believe it will fail

Yes. Lack of fast, easy and cheap PvP pretty much degraded/killed game to current sad state. 

Building/Lua fanatics not even nearly enough to produce sustainable population. Too little of them.

Considering my experience here for years, only way to be marginaly relevant with NQ is to sneak your way into "inner circle", by some extensive simping or someway courting one of employees for him to introduce you into some higher levels of feedback existence.

Everyone else pretty much just speaking to void anyway. Like poor fools still posting "ideas" into idea section. 

These posts remind of me of the kind of person who comes into a restaurant, and orders the spicy chicken, then sends it back complaining that it's too spicy.  They're so self-centered that it's impossible for them to entertain the idea that spicy food, might not be for them, a person who does not like spicy food.

Do people who enjoy a challenge not deserve a game to play too?

Would it be so awful for you to accept taking on some of the slightly less spicy challenges in the game, and allow people who enjoy a little spice to have some fun too?

Nothing I mentioned takes away anything from anyone... Everything I mentioned would benefit everyone...this all pvp or nothing posture will result in less subscribers. you're analogy doesn't even fit original statement. Nothing I said was either or that's all you being narrow minded and short sighted. To use your analogy I want all the spice levels mild, hot, extra hot I want options, variety, not absolutes. trying to turn this into a black or white argument is pointless its never been a either or debate or at least it never should have been. Criticizing people for having or wanting a different play style isn't productive or useful.

19 minutes ago, Namcigam said:

Nothing I mentioned takes away anything from anyone... Everything I mentioned would benefit everyone...this all pvp or nothing posture will result in less subscribers. you're analogy doesn't even fit original statement. Nothing I said was either or that's all you being narrow minded and short sighted. To use your analogy I want all the spice levels mild, hot, extra hot I want options, variety, not absolutes. trying to turn this into a black or white argument is pointless its never been a either or debate or at least it never should have been. Criticizing people for having or wanting a different play style isn't productive or useful.

The problem is, making the game easier won’t benefit me.  Because I want a challenging game, that will still be interesting to me a year from now.  From my perspective you are taking a game that offers options for many different play styles, and demanding that they all be changed to your play style. there are so many options for things to do in the game, but none of that is good enough for you.  You want the highest rewards for the lowest effort.  But you don’t seem to be listenIng when we tell you that the rewards scale with effort.  So someone willing to put in more effort will always get more.  All you’re doing is begging NQ to tank the game’s economy.

"Summary of changes that could help increase player population"

NQ have just destroyed the possiblity of hundreds returning player to this game with the abandon of their claims + cores.
Never ever you should have abonden the assets of your old player base..

Nothing should have been abondon. Every vetaren should have their claim assets as magic BP's in their wallets.

--> Now you have created hundrets of veterans which will bad mouth this game.

3 hours ago, Atmosph3rik said:

They're so self-centered that it's impossible for them to entertain the idea that spicy food, might not be for them

2 hours ago, Atmosph3rik said:

The problem is, making the game easier won’t benefit me.  Because I want a challenging game, that will still be interesting to me a year from now.

This is a weird combination to me -- that the OP has somehow made "demands" about the game (in a post titled 'suggestions') and is even being selfish....because it doesn't fit with what you want for the game. 

Seems (to me) like you're saying that DU is your game and that the OP should go to some other "restaurant" -- but it ain't your restaurant, either...hell, even NQ doesn't know what type of spice they'll be cooking with come opening day.

So idk, maybe don't take it so personally -- You have exactly as much "right" for the game to align with your playstyle and game design philosophy as anyone else...

Beyond all that...there's many options for making some aspects of the game more accessible and "easy" without eliminating challenge. It isn't a zero-sum game.

None of the changes propsed by OP have a focus about new players. That are only changes he likes to have for himself. I have left after beta started. Not playing anymore and waiting for TW, conflict drivers, etc.

None of the changes proposed by OP would bring me back/make me stay.

There are plenty of easy games in the market. 
I was attracted to this game because of the difficulty of the sandbox. 

if you build a ship that doesn’t fly, you crash and die. 
Overload your ship? Crash and die. 
don’t add weapons to your ship when traveling out of the safe zone? You die.

im a fan of games where people have to take responsibility and face real consequences for their decisions. 

I’m fed up with hand holding and on rails experiences which is why I love DU. 

but making everything super easy and challenge free is not the way to go. 

Elite dangerous did that and now progression to Anaconda, the original “end game ship” which took me a year to acquire back in 2014 2015 can now be achieved in a day with a bit of planning.

I do find this whole PvP vs PvE players thing distracting, though. It’s really a straw man for deeper issues. 

6 hours ago, blundertwink said:

This is a weird combination to me -- that the OP has somehow made "demands" about the game (in a post titled 'suggestions') and is even being selfish....because it doesn't fit with what you want for the game. 

Seems (to me) like you're saying that DU is your game and that the OP should go to some other "restaurant" -- but it ain't your restaurant, either...hell, even NQ doesn't know what type of spice they'll be cooking with come opening day.

So idk, maybe don't take it so personally -- You have exactly as much "right" for the game to align with your playstyle and game design philosophy as anyone else...

Beyond all that...there's many options for making some aspects of the game more accessible and "easy" without eliminating challenge. It isn't a zero-sum game.

Oh come on.  You're intentionally misrepresenting what i said.  I was responding to the OP saying their "suggestions" would benefit everyone.  I wasn't demanding that the game align with my play style at all, just disagreeing with the OP's claim that their "suggestions" would benefit me.

The OP was making an assumption that everyone wants everything in the game to be easier and faster.  So i was explaining that isn't what i want.

It's possible to make suggestions or share your thoughts about the game, without claiming to speak for large groups of people, or saying the game will fail if you don't get what you want.